What's new

Ancient Harappan-era skeletons found in Haryana

This. It always surprises me when people view their identity to be uniquely and perfectly traceable back 5000 years.

Yeah man, I can't even trace my own identity back to a few hundred years form now. Right now I'm a Muslim Bangali by ethnicity, but the people I fight with and call names (well I actually don't :D) in this forum might be sharing ancestors with me from the not-so-distant past, lol.

I need to buy you a beer! Exactly, to be claiming the vedas have existed eternally implies the vedas were brought to India when people migrated from east africa - or when homo habilis turned into homo erectus - or that dinosaurs followed the vedas.

I'm glad there's someone who agrees with my version of history. Though I'd never claim I'm totally right. The further we go back, the more blurry it becomes.

However, there are certain things, like migration patterns, that researchers have studied and confirmed and to suggest otherwise without any tangible evidence is not science, but politics and religion.

Where does the rig veda talk about rama? The meaning of Rama means pleasing - any potential source where vedas mention rama is an indication that it's talking about a god who is pleasing - not rama from ramayana. I'd like to hear more on this though since I could be wrong.

There are many Hymns related to Lord Rama in Yajur Veda, Vishnu Purana and even in Bhagvat Gita, Its mention about Lord Rama.

And remember that Ramayan hymns were before the Mahabharata.

You mean oldest existing. Wouldn't it be interesting if we discovered a common precursor to the Vedas and the Zorostrian scriptures? One that both borrow ideas from? As for Abrahamic religions, I heard, and not sure how authentic the source is, the Jewish people borrowed tons of ideas from neighboring, now extinct, civilizations.

Similarity is there in all the religions and i do believe that Rig Vedas are the first scriptures and that tradition is still alive.

It's just that we have chosen to call these early migrants "Vedic people" because they brought the Vedic culture to this region. Over the next few thousand years, this culture absorbed elements from the local Dravidian people to become the culture you are so familiar with, the one you call "Indian culture." Off-topic, but interesting to note: the Islamic culture too underwent similar changes in India and transformed into local variants of Islam.

Vedic people are even Dravidians because if you read about the 14 years exile of Lord Rama , then you will understand by yourself.

This. It always surprises me when people view their identity to be uniquely and perfectly traceable back 5000 years.

5000 years is about how much old is Bhagvat Gita and Bhagvat Gita talk about Mahabharata and even have talked about Lord Rama. More Research has to be done on the Rig Vedas then i am sure we will know that the Indian Civilization is more older than 5000 years

There are many Hymns related to Lord Rama in Yajur Veda, Vishnu Purana and even in Bhagvat Gita, Its mention about Lord Rama.

Vishnu Purana, Bhagwat Gita etc are later period compilations written after the Ramayana.

Please quote some rig veda or yajur veda text which mentions rama from ramayana. This would be something useful to me too.

Vishnu Purana, Bhagwat Gita etc are later period compilations written after the Ramayana.

Please quote some rig veda or yajur veda text which mentions rama from ramayana. This would be something useful to me too.

You can google it.

Bhagwat Gita do talk about Lord Rama and its even mentioned in many vedas.

images

The Indus valley civilization map and the DNA Haplogroup L do match the map of modern Pakistan. Clearly shows genetic continuity of ancient and modern Pakistanis.

823px-Distribution_Haplogroup_L_Y-DNA.svg.png

Haplogroup L-M20 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Map.IndusValley.png

637874_orig.gif

Nearly 50% of land area where IVC once flourished is inside the present day India which is clear from the above map. And also 3 out of 5 most important cities of IVC namely Lothal , Kalibangan,& Rupar are also inside the present day India.
Kalibangan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rupnagar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lothal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ancient Harappan-era skeletons found in Haryana - The Times of India
Apr 15, 2015, 02.14 PM IST

HISAR, HARYANA: Four human skeletons, believed to be 5,000 years old, have been found by archaeologists from the site of Harappan civilisation at Rakhi Garhi village near here.

Archaeologists of Haryana Archaeology Department in collaboration with Seoul National University, South Korea and Deccan College, Pune recently found four human skeletons at the site.

Prof. Nilesh Yadav, co-director of the project, said this is the first time that skeletons have been recovered during the excavation in the village, which is 60 km from here in Hisar district. The excavation in the village started in 2012.

These skeletons are of two men, one woman and a child.

The height of the skeletons of the men is five feet and six inches and both were aged about 50 years while the height of the skeleton of the woman is five feet and four inches and was aged around 30 years.

The child's age was believed to be around 10 years. These skeletons will be sent to laboratory for DNA test, Yadav said.

Besides pottery with grains of food, bangles, toys, mini wheels and sling balls of different sizes have also been recovered from the excavation site.

Archaeologists also recovered a seal which has some tiger-like figure inscribed on it. They believe that it was used in trade or for some other purposes. Tools which could have been used for fishing and hunting purposes have also been recovered.

The excavation work was spread over an area of 50 acres and the archaeologists are still working on three mounds numbering 4, 6 and 7.

So what are the conclusion of NIA investigation till now were they prehistoric intruders or ISI operatives from Srilanka ..... ??

300px-IE_expansion.png

The proto Indo-European tribes migrated from Eurasian homeland to different parts of Europe and Asia. The Dravidians created Indus Valley Civilisation and was later displaced due to Vedic Indo European invasions. The Vedic hijacked/adopted many Dravidian religious and cultural traditions with their own.The Vedic Aryan invaded 1500 BC while the Indus Valley Civilisation matured at 3000 BC.

300px-Chariot_spread.png

300px-IE_expansion.png

The proto Indo-European tribes migrated from Eurasian homeland to different parts of Europe and Asia. The Dravidians created Indus Valley Civilisation and was later displaced due to Vedic Indo European invasions. The Vedic hijacked/adopted many Dravidian religious and cultural traditions with their own.The Vedic Aryan invaded 1500 BC while the Indus Valley Civilisation matured at 3000 BC.

300px-Chariot_spread.png
I love your confidence. :D

Ancient Harappan-era skeletons found in Haryana - The Times of India
Apr 15, 2015, 02.14 PM IST

HISAR, HARYANA: Four human skeletons, believed to be 5,000 years old, have been found by archaeologists from the site of Harappan civilisation at Rakhi Garhi village near here.

Archaeologists of Haryana Archaeology Department in collaboration with Seoul National University, South Korea and Deccan College, Pune recently found four human skeletons at the site.

Prof. Nilesh Yadav, co-director of the project, said this is the first time that skeletons have been recovered during the excavation in the village, which is 60 km from here in Hisar district. The excavation in the village started in 2012.

These skeletons are of two men, one woman and a child.

The height of the skeletons of the men is five feet and six inches and both were aged about 50 years while the height of the skeleton of the woman is five feet and four inches and was aged around 30 years.

The child's age was believed to be around 10 years. These skeletons will be sent to laboratory for DNA test, Yadav said.

Besides pottery with grains of food, bangles, toys, mini wheels and sling balls of different sizes have also been recovered from the excavation site.

Archaeologists also recovered a seal which has some tiger-like figure inscribed on it. They believe that it was used in trade or for some other purposes. Tools which could have been used for fishing and hunting purposes have also been recovered.

The excavation work was spread over an area of 50 acres and the archaeologists are still working on three mounds numbering 4, 6 and 7.
Never post these news in this forum. Those who want to know, will know without this. Those who wish to make fun of it and troll will do so because of this. It is of no use to both if posted here.

The ancient Persians named river Indus and people Indians. The Hindus cremate their dead so these people were probably not Hindus. The height of these just shows that malnutrition is still present in India after 5,000 years.
We bury too. We don't have any fixed universal rules and regulation that we HAVE to follow or we go to ... you know. :unsure:

Thank you India for finding ancient Pakistanis. Please repatriate the remains.

Menace, that comment has gotta be the best one liner I have read in the last year ha ha ha !
See how they use our "Harappa" to add value to the rubbish they find. I had a friend long ago and he used to joke that if you got bottle piss and gave it some fancy French name and sold it as perfume it would sell.

Same here. So they found skeletons. It's like what's the big deal here? Has these skeletons from the age of dinosaurs? They are not even from anywhere near Harappa and what do they do. Add the name "Harappa". Bingo.

More leaching off Pakistan.

Last edited:
The hymns of Rig Veda talks on Lord RAMA, Ayodhya is in India and the 14 years which He spend in exile was in India and all those ancient historical places are still existed in India.

Avesta and Rig Vedas do have similarity and that similarity we can further see in Abrahamic religion. I think the Oldest known religious book are Rig Vedas

Vedas are still seen in Indian culture and traditions.
The Vedas can't have a date. Simply because it was a passed down in unwritten form. And it evolved over time, verses were added. The earliest ones are most probably older than 7000 BC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom