What's new

America’s Barbaric Logic of Hiroshima 70 Years On

I know...It is a bit distasteful beating up on (intellectual) children.

Yes, I will just let them be, for now. ;)

Funny thing is, Japan got whupped and now enjoys the best of relations with USA. Explain that one to me first. :D

I won't deny that the Pearl Harbor attack was disgraceful but, the damage from the atomic bomb out weigh from Pearl Harbor.
Ever take up boxing ? If not, then understand that boxing is a rigged sport. I do not mean that fights are rigged to set winner/loser but that the fighters are set to be as parity to each other as possible. The weapons -- fists -- are padded to minimize physical damages. The entire fight is time limited. The fight is segmented (rounds) to allow respite. There are rules limiting the fighters as to where they can target -- no hitting below the belt. If one fighter is incapacitated or seemingly so, he is allowed time to recover -- the 10 count. Then if there is no clear victor, there are judges to rule victory.

War is not so clean. But to use the boxing analogy, if your opponent punch you in the ribs, that does not mean you respond in kind. If there is an opening to the jaw, you bear the punch in your ribs and hit his jaw. You attack my national asset, it is my burden to teach you a serious lesson and the severity of that lesson depends on how my nation feels about what you did.

Funny thing is, Japan got whupped and now enjoys the best of relations with USA. Explain that one to me first.
Hi,

Answer is very simple.

I have mentioned that in my previous posts, and not only Japan but let us look at Germany too !

Its because US did not abandon them, The marshall Fund program for Europe to prevent Europe from plunging into Communism, same was done for Japan.

But the same actions were not reciprocated for Afghan and Iraq, According to some conspiracy theorist it was a already a plan design to ruin and destabilize Arab country, perhaps according to them paving way for greater Israel:D

After all we cant deny the Power AIPAC hold in Washington, can we now ?

According to some conspiracy theorist

So why would we listen to "some conspiracy theorists" in the matter? :D

Ever take up boxing ? If not, then understand that boxing is a rigged sport. I do not mean that fights are rigged to set winner/loser but that the fighters are set to be as parity to each other as possible. The weapons -- fists -- are padded to minimize physical damages. The entire fight is time limited. The fight is segmented (rounds) to allow respite. There are rules limiting the fighters as to where they can target -- no hitting below the belt. If one fighter is incapacitated or seemingly so, he is allowed time to recover -- the 10 count. Then if there is no clear victor, there are judges to rule victory.

War is not so clean. But to use the boxing analogy, if your opponent punch you in the ribs, that does not mean you respond in kind. If there is an opening to the jaw, you bear the punch in your ribs and hit his jaw. You attack my national asset, it is my burden to teach you a serious lesson and the severity of that lesson depends on how my nation feels about what you did.

Exactly. There is no requirement of proportionality in war. Indeed, it is the duty of each side to fight as best and as hard as it can. Duty.

Back
Top Bottom