What's new

America’s Barbaric Logic of Hiroshima 70 Years On

Terrorists are not sovereign, first of all. And as I said before, you clearly require more maturity of thought to understand what I mean by the fact that there is no right or wrong in international geopolitics. This will be my last post with you in this thread.

Hi,

Excuse me for my limited knowledge in word of sovereignty, It seems anyone who is not sovereign has no right to attack or pursue collective objectives (in case of recognized state national objectives ) . While the one who always whines about democracy freedom and equality which is a sovereign country has every right to attack another sovereign country.

Henry kissinger's famous threat' We will bomb you back to stone ages, if you are not with us'

Sounds more like might is right.

I am sorry sir, but you see I cant be ignorant of my surrounding, even if My child or my grandchild does it. It does not mae him any right.

@Nihonjin1051 I thought you might enjoy this tidbit: Wow, just wow, to Japanese resilience! :tup:

70 Years After the Bomb, an Original Hiroshima Trolley Is Up and Running

Bryan Lufkin

1372165189703743526.jpg

The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima 70 years ago today. The city was nearly obliterated, but some structures survived. One is this streetcar, which is back up and running this summer, restored and painted fresh as a symbol of resilience.

@Nihonjin1051 I thought you might enjoy this tidbit: Wow, just wow, to Japanese resilience! :tup:

Bryan Lufkin

1372165189703743526.jpg

The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima 70 years ago today. The city was nearly obliterated, but some structures survived. One is this streetcar, which is back up and running this summer, restored and painted fresh as a symbol of resilience.

We can learn from this bitter sweet aspect of our nation's history. And hope that never again will any nation in this earth be subject to nuclear strikes. I think once is enough; I think and i hope so.

Should Japan go nuclear ? They should seriously ponder on that !

Hi,

Answer is very simple.

I have mentioned that in my previous posts, and not only Japan but let us look at Germany too !

Its because US did not abandon them, The marshall Fund program for Europe to prevent Europe from plunging into Communism, same was done for Japan.

But the same actions were not reciprocated for Afghan and Iraq, According to some conspiracy theorist it was a already a plan design to ruin and destabilize Arab country, perhaps according to them paving way for greater Israel:D

After all we cant deny the Power AIPAC hold in Washington, can we now ?

Are you okay bro???LOOOL European countries like germany,france, U.K were already world powers if not superpowers before and even during the war. The U.S had nothing to do with europe rebuilding itself to what it is today. Same with Japan, she was already an industrilaized power before and even after the war. Get you facts straight.:)

We just had to rebuild what we destriyed ourselves. Not like we were starting from scratch.

Should Japan go nuclear ? They should seriously ponder on that !

There is no need. We have the capability to go nuclear in less than 6 months time, and mass produce , however, what do we get in return? A tense region? I don't think Japan becoming a nuclear military power would serve to de-tense the region at all, rather, it would do the antithesis.

No, let us all deal with problems in the diplomatic way. And if there is to be any conflict or have you, let it be purely conventional-based.

Are you okay bro???LOOOL European countries like germany,france, U.K were already world powers if not superpowers before and even during the war. The U.S had nothing to do with europe rebuilding itself to what it is today. Same with Japan, she was already an industrilaized power before and even after the war. Get you facts straight.:)

We just had to rebuild what we destriyed ourselves. Not like we were starting from scratch.

But honestly tho, my friend, the US contributing several billions did facilitate the process. Then again, my friend, Britain did give up a lot to the US --- in the process. So I would say it was a ring-a-round. :)

Most of Germany had to literally rebuild itself from scratch. Same with France, same with Italy, and also Britain. Have you not forgotten the Battle of Britain?

Heinkel_He_111_during_the_Battle_of_Britain.jpg

History_Speeches_3072_War_Report_Battle_of_France_and_Blitz_SF_still_624x352.jpg

NA_1940_Battle-of-Britain_St-Paul%27s-Cathedral.jpg

s_w29_00917193.jpg

aerial-bombing-of-britain-wwii.jpg

A funny thing is to hear someone in this modern time still saying something like " It was a necessary thing to nuke Japan in WW 2 to stop war "

Well, a warrior still needs to have a war conduct rule to differentiate them with any criminals on the street. Killing kids and women for the sake of shortening the war is just so barbaric.

Even any bombing attack happening to any city in WW 2 was really crazy. So many civilians on the cities dont bother them at all. Both party did that though.

A funny thing is to hear someone in this modern time still saying something like " It was a necessary thing to nuke Japan in WW 2 to stop war "

Well, a warrior still needs to have a war conduct rule to differentiate them with any criminals on the street. Killing kids and women for the sake of shortening the war is just so barbaric.

Even any bombing attack happening to any city in WW 2 was really crazy. So many civilians on the cities dont bother them at all. Both party did that though.

What type of warrior conducts a sneak attack unprovoked and unannounced? Even Admiral Yamamato considered it to be shameful.

What type of warrior conducts a sneak attack unprovoked and unannounced? Even Admiral Yamamato considered it to be shameful.

Wait. I am not in Japanese side either. To understand what I am saying I need to say this : "For me, even when Israel killed so many Palestinian and Lebanese kids and women in their military attack, it doesnt mean Palestinian/Lebanese soldiers have to respond that shameful conduct by doing the same way either by disrespecting civilians life. Rule is Rule.

Another one. Even though ISIS can be so cruel to their prisoner of war, it doesnt mean we will be so cruel as well when we capture ISIS combatant. Rule is rule.

Hi,

Let's not take it to ego, after war most of if not all industrial capacity was degraded, crippled.
If it were not for US and its Marshall fund program, we would not see western Europe as it is today

There is no need. We have the capability to go nuclear in less than 6 months time, and mass produce , however, what do we get in return? A tense region? I don't think Japan becoming a nuclear military power would serve to de-tense the region at all, rather, it would do the antithesis.

No, let us all deal with problems in the diplomatic way. And if there is to be any conflict or have you, let it be purely conventional-based.

But honestly tho, my friend, the US contributing several billions did facilitate the process. Then again, my friend, Britain did give up a lot to the US --- in the process. So I would say it was a ring-a-round. :)

Most of Germany had to literally rebuild itself from scratch. Same with France, same with Italy, and also Britain. Have you not forgotten the Battle of Britain?

History_Speeches_3072_War_Report_Battle_of_France_and_Blitz_SF_still_624x352.jpg

s_w29_00917193.jpg

Hi,

An honest answer with no silly emotions, personally I like this pursuit of national objectives, invading world through industrial and technology prowress.

Still remember back in 80s how japaenese stuff had reputation for being cheap and of high quality.

Classic eg of how japanese motorcycles killed the English motorcycle industry

Hi,

Let's not take it to ego, after war most of if not all industrial capacity was degraded, crippled.
If it were not for US and its Marshall fund program, we would not see western Europe as it is today

Are you kidding me? So you think Europe wouldnt be developed today if not for the U.S? LOOL
Do you even know what you are talking about bro?
Do you know that prior to the beginning of WWII the major european powers were ahead of the U.S?? LOOL.

Mind you, Europe's fundamental strengths had survived the war intact. Europe had been the center of the industrialized world. It had a history of entrepreneurialism. Its people were highly educated and technologically sophisticated etc, something most regions didnt(and even today dont have).

Its not a matter of ego, its a matter of facts. Do you know how much the U.S marshal plan was? It was just about 150billion dollars in todays currency/value. So according to you, 150 billion dollars can make a whole continent destroyed to the ground rich/developed and wealthy.:rofl: If that was the case, then India and africa will be a super rich countries/continent today. :lol:

s_w29_00917193.jpg

You dont get what i mean. Rebuilding something you already had is different from trying to build something you never had AT ALL.

Britain, France, German, Japan and other european powrts already had a strong industrial, technical and scientific base on which they could build back. While the countries were bombed to rubble and in case of Japan even nuked, their technical and scientific know how was still intact. You can destroy a city, but you cannot destroy ideas or knowledge. So while physically Britain, Germany and Japan were devastated during the War, they had a pool of scientists, engineers, technocrats, planners, architects and a whole wealth of knowledge pretty much intact. And this helped them to rebuild their cities and nations much faster. Plus even more so the fact is that European powers and Japan were already industrialized nations that had to just rebuild what they already had.

So the two are two different things my friend.

Are you kidding me? So you think Europe wouldnt be developed today if not for the U.S? LOOL
Do you even know what you are talking about bro?
Do you know that prior to the beginning of WWII the major european powers were ahead of the U.S?? LOOL.

Mind you, Europe's fundamental strengths had survived the war intact. Europe had been the center of the industrialized world. It had a history of entrepreneurialism. Its people were highly educated and technologically sophisticated etc, something most regions didnt(and even today dont have).

Its not a matter of ego, its a matter of facts. Do you know how much the U.S marshal plan was? It was just about 150billion dollars in todays currency/value. So according to you, 150 billion dollars can make a whole continent destroyed to the ground rich/developed and wealthy.:rofl: If that was the case, then India and africa will be a super rich countries/continent today. :lol:
Hi,

( With no disrespect to any european nation)

A mouthful of water can save a man's life when he is dying of thirst.

Thats what exactly US did to Europe, 158 bn in today's term is no doubt a peanut, but considering the fact that everything Europe stood for was destroyed, An assistance at such colossal scale, no doubt played a great role in rebuilding and getting Europe back in ints feet.

US knew that in order to keep Europe alive, Germany's Industrial prowess had to be brought back. So they instantly after tried to keep it in revival mode.

Whole of Europe, notably France, Uk and Germany had its most industrial capacity destroyed if not all. UK was already an empire in decline, France and germany were all but exhausted after war, nothing more to fight with on its own. So UK alone as an Island would have never got a chance to stand up against communism. Had it not been for US's assistance in rebuilding the economies and European lifestyle, Europe would have plunged in depth of communism.

Marshall fund plan was just an example of US;s assistance, one should also look at Berlin airlift, The largets airlift in history and how US tried to break the russian is illegal cover of Germany. How US artificially yet successfully tried to keep alive of the remaining Germany's population. ( one should read about that assistance) And then How NAto was formed to protect Europe from Russian's future Invasion with US's most contribution even to thi day and how US placed its military in Europe along with its missiles.

Advanced LOL i mean no disrespect, but if what you say is true, then I am saddened to know that this particular part of World was responsible of one of the worlds greatest man-made calamity WAR which resulted in millions of death with Hundred thousands poor jews wiped out from face of earth sent to death camps. This part of world was eating out each other. Berlin airlifted forced people to eat meat from fallen soldier and what not, iI Shall not go more in terrible details. US braking of that blockade gave Europe another reason to get bac on its feet.

God things all of that was in past and thanks to relentless help of US. EU is now one whole unit and which is the reason Obama said greece and UK should stay in Europe as the strength of Europe lies in its collective strength and not in BREXIT as suggested by Nigel farage !

The European was lifestyle in fact was protected after war by YS help otherwise all of it would have ended up like Eastern European countries.

US Provided Europe with;
1. Economic support
2. Military Support
3. Diplomatic assistance

It was in US's interest to quickly let Europe get back on its feet.

And contrary to popular belief of I see more young new generation of Europe tryina act like Ammerrican than Brish. America surely has embedded itself in Europe for ages to come and for a very good reason :usflag:

What is the benefit? I mean when the war is over, what is left? We began to defend our country with our life, but when the war is over, we (army or resident) had nothing. And once again, the goverment always had a benefit. Like playing chess

Back
Top Bottom