What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

looks like T-72 and the explosions are IEDs planted on the sides of the road
if it was a normal hit , the crew would of survived since the impact area is the engine
pretty much any tank would be immobilized after such hit.
I doubt that was a T-90, but it would of probably resulted in the same ending if it was.

it got shot through the butt.

same thing happened to a T-72 when a RPG-29 went right through the rear.

TBH, i think this vid is doctored. in screen caps you can see explosion, but no ground moved. that halo just appears out of thin air. explosion itself looks very much like nitromethane/aluminium. and i think nitro isn't something you can easily obtain in syria. and btw, explosion takes place before missile hits tank (you can see missile's thrusters burning after the explosion). and no, it's not a cook-off. if that would be the case, you'd see flames coming from hatch and main gun, not this kind of armageddon.

1.png

2.png

3.png

TBH, i think this vid is doctored. in screen caps you can see explosion, but no ground moved. that halo just appears out of thin air. explosion itself looks very much like nitromethane/aluminium. and i think nitro isn't something you can easily obtain in syria. and btw, explosion takes place before missile hits tank (you can see missile's thrusters burning after the explosion). and no, it's not a cook-off. if that would be the case, you'd see flames coming from hatch and main gun, not this kind of armageddon.

View attachment 279524
View attachment 279525
View attachment 279526

Could be FPS issue with camera and the way frames are combined to create a picture

example
shot-boundaries2-fade.jpg

Could be FPS issue with camera and the way frames are combined to create a picture

example
shot-boundaries2-fade.jpg

but that still doesn't explain the shape and color of explosion, and why earth doesn't move, no dust and whatnot (if it was an IED). and besides, those 2 guys to the left are just walking away through the explosion :) the center of explosion is tank's turret and that's pretty weird.

Could it be possible that some ammo was saved near the area where the tank got hit? First time a tank blew up like that in all the video's coming out from Syria.

I believe Russia will have a hot winter there

I don't know if their military is as foolish as their average online user but if they don't pay attention they're going to ramp up a lot of bodies very fast. There have already been multiple cases of friendly fire where they bombed pro-Assad men(!).

While they might simply overpower area's in Latakia / Al Ghab Plains (video of artillery barrage came out) those area's are perfect for ambushes. Latakia is very mountainous and bushy (orman) and they already got a taste of a TOW team hitting that crash-landed MI-8. If they deploy soldiers in bigger numbers same thing will happen with them (see militiamen getting targeted with TOWs).

Only thing they can do is monitor the area by intel and try to decapitate the TOW gunners. They already hit atleast one TOW depot a while back and those TOW guys sometimes have a tendency to re-use spots or to just not leave cause the SAA can't/won't bother to get them. That's probably their only weak points.

Back
Top Bottom