Allama Iqbal Airport tops in services

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
:yahoo:

Thursday, November 22, 2007

KARACHI: Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore is ranked among the world’s leading airport in service performance conducted by Singapore Airlines.

An intensive Service Performance Survey (SPS) was recently conducted by Singapore Airlines to assess the quality of service standards maintained by airports within the region. The survey entailed a stringent evaluation of airports on the basis of lounge facilities offered in terms of general airport condition, ambience and comfort of lounge as well as overall efficiency of the airports’ lounge staff with respect to their level of friendliness and assistance extended to all travellers and visitors of airports.

Airports assessed and evaluated by Singapore Airlines for the SPS included 18 leading airports from across the world including the UAE’s Abu Dhabi Airport, Saudi Arab’s Jeddah Airport, the United Kingdom’s Campbelltown Airport, Pakistan’s Allama Iqbal International and Jinnah International Airports, India’s Bombay, Calcutta, Chennai and Delhi Airports, Sri Lanka’s Colombo Airport, South Africa’s Cape Town and Johannesburg Airport along with Bangladesh’s Dhaka Airport and Malee Airport.

Following a rigorous scrutiny and evaluation of these airports by representatives from the Singapore Airlines, Pakistan’s Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore, secured first position with a score ranging from 87 per cent to 100 per cent in different areas outlined by the airline as part of the survey criteria.

“In an age where knowledge, innovation and advancements have paved the way for unprecedented growth and opportunities, adaptation to change is a critical element that will help us keep pace with the changing dynamics of airport management.

At CAA, we recognise the need to ensure effective and efficient management of our airports in line with global benchmarks, and therefore feel great pride over this achievement,” DG CAA said in a press statement.

Now:

lhe_eur_uk_-cheap-flights-from-lahore-airport-map-prices.gif

Allama+Iqbal+International+Airport%252C+Lahore+by+pakistani+tourisam+%252811%2529.jpg

1407918-Lahore_Airport-Lahore.jpg

1407918-Lahore_Airport-Lahore.jpg

7981%20pakistan%20lahore%20lahore%20airport%20(allama%20iqbal%20airport).jpg

Dubai Airport is well organized around travelers needs. You could see things ranging from Ferrari to a antique shop selling handicrafts

the airport building is in line with the city's architecture.
The coming Islamabad Air port will be best of South Asia

anyone with the latest pictures ? I googled and find none, it has tremendously changed now, far more beautiful than it was....

the flyover interchange and all the project has done really well to enhance the beauty of the area.

Dubai Airport is well organized around travelers needs. You could see things ranging from Ferrari to a antique shop selling handicrafts

You can see cars and duty free shops in many other airports, around the world. However, i agree, that Dubai airport is well designed, being a linear terminal, it is easy to find access to your gates.

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel like allama iqbal termal is very similar in design to karachi airport???, it would have been better if AII had been assigned a different and better looking building, lets say glass terminals???

i also like the dim lighting of KHI airport, gives me creeps at night, esp when my father is departing, or like i went abroad

683857215_fd56219007.jpg

lahore airport is very bright at night

563070660_71dcf8aca5.jpg

i feel like allama iqbal termal is very similar in design to karachi airport???, it would have been better if AII had been assigned a different and better looking building, lets say glass terminals???

They gave the traditional 'Red' look to the exterior as most of colonial and mughal era lahore is like that.

Havinga glass terminal in a city rich in ancient culture doesn't make any sense.

The new Islamabad airport is supposed to be the Gandhara airport. Lets see if that too is traditional or a modern one.

building has nice elevation , best looking airport in Pakistan .. excellent thing lahore has done is moved the airport far from the city , it sure reduces noise polution as well

so many motor cycles, are lahoris picking up the luggage in motor cycles :blink::blink:????????????

Back
Top Bottom