What's new

Aleppo has fallen!

There is no secular Syria

Assad is a minority alewite dictator ruling and abusing a majority population

Assad does not have the military power to rule Syria and hasn't had it for a long time

The rebels will fall back to the open countryside and hit the SAA with guerrilla attacks

Syrias resources, funds, etc are limited and under great pressure they fo not have anything to fix the country and as the majority population is still under occupation by a minority dictator the underlying hatred will burn awaiting a fall for the SAA

You and your secretarian games. Would it make you feel better if he was a Sunni? So now minorities are excluded from holding positions of power? You are a bigot and don't even realize it, even more telling is that you are trying to preach tolerance while being intolerant :lol:

Suddenly because he is Alewite he is a dictator, all the while the Middle East is full of Sunni dictators and you don't seem to bat an eye.

The destruction inflicted certainly isnt.If you had actually bothered reading the post you would`ve seen that it was directed at another poster who had posted a pic of the destruction in Aleppo and somewhat cynically I thought commented that this is what liberation looks like,I responded by posting a very similar pic from ww2 that shows that yes this is indeed what liberation does look like especially when one has to fight a bunch of fanatics who will fight to the last man and the last bullet and sadly in this case also the last civilian human shield.
Now as for rebuilding and who is going to pay for it that I imagine will have to be a group effort involving several nations and trans national organizations like the world bank,tho personally if it were up to me`d like to see the countries who were responsible for encouraging,arming and funding these terrorists made to pay for rebuilding everything down to the individual brick and nail but sadly that probably wont happen.
Of course Nobody will offer free help for rebuilding the country. Nothing is free in this world. They will have to take huge loans to finance reconstruction. Even advanced industrialised countries like U K, GERMANY, Japan,Russia etc had tough time rebuilding(though they did so fast).

As for the conflict, I have said it thousands of times, it's Assad himself who should be held responsible for the total destruction and division of the country.In fact I'm sure if he was toppled by the military like in Egypt , he will be behind bars today like Mubarak for ordering the massacre of civilians who were protesting against his regime, leading to defection and civil war.
I'm not blaming for one second Russia or Iran or even proxy groups like Hezbollah. They can't be blame for what happens in Syria. They are not responsible for the country. They simply got involved to protect their interests like every sane country does. It's the butcher Assad who is to blame for clinging to power at all costs(even the total destruction of his country). He is still in power only thanks to massive military help from Russia, Iran and its foreign shia militias from Lebanon,pakistan,Adghanisran, Yemen etc. Without them he would have been kicked out fro power/lost a while ago as he was loding on all fronts back then(so much for enjoying popular support. Lol). So there you go. :)

So much hatred, racism and uncivilized rants in one post :lol: Damn man, I feel sorry for your childhood, you must have had a terrible upbringing and no one was there to teach you manners and civility :( i see what the horrors of childhood can do to an adult man, please go see a shrink if you can afford that.:tup:
Oh so suddenly u r an expert on my childhood, bugg of fucker u bore me...

Your posts certainly gives a glimpse of your pathetic upbringing, I feel sorry for your deep psychological scars, please see a shrink soon :(
Yara im so depressed about my upbringing, r u a shrink??, can i see u?, would u be able to help??

ALEPPO HAS FALLEN TO THE SAA!!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mideast-crisis-syria-idUKKBN13V270

Finally! We waited so many years, and now its time for rest of Syria!

Great job by SAA, IRGC (+ ALL SHIA PARAMILITARIES), HEZBOLLAH, RUSSIA..
Thanks for sharing. You mad my day!

This is big. Congrats to all Syrians, Russians, Lebanese and Iranians! Persistence is the key to victory. Always.

Are you kidding me? There is no Aleppo left!
syria2015.jpg

aleppo-destruction.jpg

etc.

Oh, and btw, you have captured Aleppo thanks to Turkey and Russia. The Operation Euphrates Shield is the reason why many rebels left this city to fight in the North. Only after thousands of rebels decided to fight in the North, Assad started to make gains in Aleppo. I know you and your friends are going to deny this fact but I don't care. This was possible thanks to a deal between Russia and Turkey.

And I don't believe that this is a great achievement for Assad. From a strategic point of view this is a pyrrhic victory. You won one completely destroyed city and lost thousands of square kilometers in the North.

e924e0447c664b918e164e2eb82492a3.png

What do you think will happen in this area? Rebels will plan, organize and conduct operations against Assad from a safe base. You can't touch this region because this would mean a direct confrontation with Turkey. And they are willing to liberate Manbij and also Tall Rifaat. You simply won a battle but at the end you could lose the war.

The City can be rebuilt. Take a look at the pictures of St. Peterborough after the war, or Berlin, or why do you go far? Take a look at Khoramshahr - Iran after the war.

This is war and some destruction are unfortunately inevitable. But it needs to be done to finish the war and then you can rebuild.

Turkey will also come to terms with Iran and Russia. They are wise enough to realize which side they belong to.

A Secular & Peaceful Syria should be built after this, Russia should keep its army in the country and should ask for UN and the World to help them in rebuilding the country.

You and your secretarian games. Would it make you feel better if he was a Sunni? So now minorities are excluded from holding positions of power? You are a bigot and don't even realize it, even more telling is that you are trying to preach tolerance while being intolerant :lol:

Suddenly because he is Alewite he is a dictator, all the while the Middle East is full of Sunni dictators and you don't seem to bat an eye.

Well said.

The problem is none of these human right preachers have even been in Syria before the war to see what kind of country it was. I was there in 2003. Even though it was not as wealthy as Iran, people were so happy. Much happier than we Iranian ever were. All this madness started because of foreign interference. Only because they were an ally of Iran. They went through all this pain because their government was an ally of Iran and I as an Iranian am so sorry about that. However, I'm glad that Iran and Russia stepped up and backed Syria. Things will change for better.

There is no secular Syria

Assad is a minority alewite dictator ruling and abusing a majority population

Assad does not have the military power to rule Syria and hasn't had it for a long time

The rebels will fall back to the open countryside and hit the SAA with guerrilla attacks

Syrias resources, funds, etc are limited and under great pressure they fo not have anything to fix the country and as the majority population is still under occupation by a minority dictator the underlying hatred will burn awaiting a fall for the SAA
Then why you support sunnies monarch of Bahrain ruling over majority sshia and Sam case with saddams iraq

Of course Nobody will offer free help for rebuilding the country. Nothing is free in this world. They will have to take huge loans to finance reconstruction. Even advanced industrialised countries like U K, GERMANY, Japan,Russia etc had tough time rebuilding(though they did so fast).

As for the conflict, I have said it thousands of times, it's Assad himself who should be held responsible for the total destruction and division of the country.In fact I'm sure if he was toppled by the military like in Egypt , he will be behind bars today like Mubarak for ordering the massacre of civilians who were protesting against his regime, leading to defection and civil war.
I'm not blaming for one second Russia or Iran or even proxy groups like Hezbollah. They can't be blame for what happens in Syria. They are not responsible for the country. They simply got involved to protect their interests like every sane country does. It's the butcher Assad who is to blame for clinging to power at all costs(even the total destruction of his country). He is still in power only thanks to massive military help from Russia, Iran and its foreign shia militias from Lebanon,pakistan,Adghanisran, Yemen etc. Without them he would have been kicked out fro power/lost a while ago as he was loding on all fronts back then(so much for enjoying popular support. Lol). So there you go. :)
I think it is a good thing for Syria that Assad is clinging to power. His government is the last thing between Syria and total anarchy. Syrian rebels (if we can even call them that) have proven over and over again that they can't get along with themselves. Removing Assad at this point means we will have another failed state like Libiya. Even now, the remaining rebels in Aleppo can't come to terms and show a united front. I just red in the news that one group has attacked the other to seize their arms! This is all happening while they are being defeated!

I agree there should be elections and the party that Syrian people want (not KSA, not Iran, not Turkey but only Syrians) claim power. But that should wait until the war is over and order restored.

Congrats to Aleppo residents...
Russia Promises to Wipe Out Anyone Left in Eastern Aleppo

Paul McLeary
Foreign Policy Magazine December 6, 2016
9fba2518c43b5208aaa33c48999e6bf4

Washington and Moscow Spar Over Which Rebel Groups to Bomb, and Which to Work With
Russian officials are threatening to target anyone who refuses to leave the rebel-held eastern Aleppo, after another round of talks between Washington and Moscow failed to materialize on Tuesday.

As Syrian government forces and their allies continue to snatch neighborhoods away from rebels inside the city in bloody street-by-street fighting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that “if somebody refuses to leave Aleppo on good terms, he will be eliminated…there is no other way out.”

Russian and Syrian warplanes have been bombarding the rebel-held half of Aleppo for months, targeting hospitals, aid workers, and civilian apartment blocks for destruction. Hundreds of civilians have been killed, with as many as 250,000 people trapped in the densely-packed city surrounded by government forces, and sharing space with a variety of rebel groups.

Last month, Syrian planes dropped leaflets over the city warning residents to “save yourselves. You know that everyone has left you alone to face your doom and have offered you no help.”

Moscow has long painted all anti-government rebels in Syria with the same brush, and refuses to acknowledge the differences between Islamist groups like the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front, and more moderate, U.S.- and Turkish-backed rebel units.

“It’s sad that the Western nations, which talk about their concern for human rights and the humanitarian situation in Aleppo and the rest of Syria, are in reality continuing their policy of supporting radicals and extremists,” Lavrov said.

Russia and Syria seem intent on presenting President-elect Donald Trump with a fait accompli in Syria by taking Aleppo, one of the last major cities in rebel hands. On the campaign trail, Trump suggested letting Russia take the lead against Islamic State, later even offering to cooperate with Moscow to battle the terrorist group in Syria. That would mean abandoning the moderate rebels battling the regime of Bashar al Assad as well as the civilian population in areas targeted by Russian and Syrian attacks.

One U.S. defense official, who spoke to FP on the condition of anonymity, said that Russian planes have been conducting daily sorties over Aleppo for weeks, and have also regularly bombed the Turkish- and U.S.-backed Free Syrian Army forces who are pushing toward the Islamic State stronghold of al Bab.

On Monday, Russia and China vetoed for the sixth time a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for a seven-day ceasefire in Aleppo to allow humanitarian aid to move into the starving city, and to create more space for more talks on negotiating a withdrawal of rebel forces.

Also on Monday, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said that American diplomats are still open to working with the Russians, but it is hard to reach agreement. Russia, he said, is “very concerned” about the presence of the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front in Aleppo, while Washington is concerned about the daily bombardment of the civilian population of the city, along with the “moderate Syrian opposition that should not and does not deserve to be bombed into submission.”

The sparring between Russia and the United States over who is fighting terrorists — and which terrorists need to be fought — is hardly limited to Syria.

On Friday, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Nicholson, told reporters at the Pentagon that Russia has lent legitimacy to the Taliban. Moscow’s special envoy to Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, recently revealed that his government “have contacts with the Taliban,” and is working on a cease-fire. “The Taliban are fighting in Afghanistan against the people we fought in Syria, that’s why our interests coincide,” he said, referring to ISIS.

Nicholson blasted the outreach, saying, “this public legitimacy that Russia lends to the Taliban is not based on fact, but it is used as a way to essentially undermine the Afghan government and the NATO effort and bolster the belligerents. So, it’s not helpful.”

Russia Promises to Wipe Out Anyone Left in Eastern Aleppo

Paul McLeary
Foreign Policy Magazine December 6, 2016
9fba2518c43b5208aaa33c48999e6bf4

Washington and Moscow Spar Over Which Rebel Groups to Bomb, and Which to Work With
Russian officials are threatening to target anyone who refuses to leave the rebel-held eastern Aleppo, after another round of talks between Washington and Moscow failed to materialize on Tuesday.

As Syrian government forces and their allies continue to snatch neighborhoods away from rebels inside the city in bloody street-by-street fighting, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Tuesday that “if somebody refuses to leave Aleppo on good terms, he will be eliminated…there is no other way out.”

Russian and Syrian warplanes have been bombarding the rebel-held half of Aleppo for months, targeting hospitals, aid workers, and civilian apartment blocks for destruction. Hundreds of civilians have been killed, with as many as 250,000 people trapped in the densely-packed city surrounded by government forces, and sharing space with a variety of rebel groups.

Last month, Syrian planes dropped leaflets over the city warning residents to “save yourselves. You know that everyone has left you alone to face your doom and have offered you no help.”

Moscow has long painted all anti-government rebels in Syria with the same brush, and refuses to acknowledge the differences between Islamist groups like the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front, and more moderate, U.S.- and Turkish-backed rebel units.

“It’s sad that the Western nations, which talk about their concern for human rights and the humanitarian situation in Aleppo and the rest of Syria, are in reality continuing their policy of supporting radicals and extremists,” Lavrov said.

Russia and Syria seem intent on presenting President-elect Donald Trump with a fait accompli in Syria by taking Aleppo, one of the last major cities in rebel hands. On the campaign trail, Trump suggested letting Russia take the lead against Islamic State, later even offering to cooperate with Moscow to battle the terrorist group in Syria. That would mean abandoning the moderate rebels battling the regime of Bashar al Assad as well as the civilian population in areas targeted by Russian and Syrian attacks.

One U.S. defense official, who spoke to FP on the condition of anonymity, said that Russian planes have been conducting daily sorties over Aleppo for weeks, and have also regularly bombed the Turkish- and U.S.-backed Free Syrian Army forces who are pushing toward the Islamic State stronghold of al Bab.

On Monday, Russia and China vetoed for the sixth time a U.N. Security Council resolution calling for a seven-day ceasefire in Aleppo to allow humanitarian aid to move into the starving city, and to create more space for more talks on negotiating a withdrawal of rebel forces.

Also on Monday, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said that American diplomats are still open to working with the Russians, but it is hard to reach agreement. Russia, he said, is “very concerned” about the presence of the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front in Aleppo, while Washington is concerned about the daily bombardment of the civilian population of the city, along with the “moderate Syrian opposition that should not and does not deserve to be bombed into submission.”

The sparring between Russia and the United States over who is fighting terrorists — and which terrorists need to be fought — is hardly limited to Syria.

On Friday, the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Nicholson, told reporters at the Pentagon that Russia has lent legitimacy to the Taliban. Moscow’s special envoy to Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, recently revealed that his government “have contacts with the Taliban,” and is working on a cease-fire. “The Taliban are fighting in Afghanistan against the people we fought in Syria, that’s why our interests coincide,” he said, referring to ISIS.

Nicholson blasted the outreach, saying, “this public legitimacy that Russia lends to the Taliban is not based on fact, but it is used as a way to essentially undermine the Afghan government and the NATO effort and bolster the belligerents. So, it’s not helpful.”
Anyone doesn't mean residents:

I'm sure all residents of Aleppo would be begging to leave Aleppo at the moment "on good terms" any one who would like to leave "on bad terms" is no longer a civilian.

Back
Top Bottom