What's new

Aleppo has fallen!

Libya, too, was not in your sphere of influence and Afghanistan was not. And North Vietnam was not and much more states - so it is not the point.
The West has repeatedly stated the full support of the opposition and that Assad must go. That's what important.
Now it will be much harder for the West to put pressure on the leaders of independent states, because it became clear - West is not all-powerful anymore and West is no longer a single pole of power. It is the most important outcome of the battle in Aleppo.
Lool You still don't understand anything I said or you are deliberately ignoring the points I made. Lol
How can you compare Libya which is an oil rich country in which many European powers like France,Britain ,Italy and to a lesser extent U.S had/have massive investments and interests in oil&gas industry with Syria which doesn't have any significant natural resources and much lesser western interests/investments per se?
Syria doesn't offer any real strategic advantage to western power as well, we already have military bases,interests and influence over much of the region, Syria doesn't offer any unique advantage to western powers. Unlike say Afghanistan(again due to attack on World trade centre) and Vietnam(two countries you mentioned) giving their proximity to large powers like China and Russia. Plus, Vietnam's case was merely part of the cold war struggle between the West and Soviet Russia for influence and to prevent other Asian countries from turning Communist(Domino effect theory), So western powers had far more reason to intervene there than they do for Syria.
In fact to be honest, Assad was never really a bad boy for western powers, he was even seen a moderate compared to other Islamists in the region, Eventhough he did support jihadists groups and Islamic extremists in Iraq after the U.S and U.K invasion of the COUNTRY. However, We never really had any particular hostility towards Syria. It's a country many western powers never really bothers much about, sibce there was nothing really Syria had that we focused on.

You said it shows that west is not powerful anymore?lol That's another big joke. I don't know if you yourself believe that. Lol. So according to you western powers were scared of Assads mighty military power, reason they have been reluctant and unwilling to intervene directly against the Assad regime right?:rofl:

Assads survival is only thanks to our parliament voting against imposing a no fly zone in Libya and Obama's reluctance to get involved as well, even after the udse of chemical weapons against its own people by the Assad regime, couple with our public reluctance and resentment of getting involved directly in any more wars. Those are the only things that saved Assad as it meant we just stood in the sidelines and watch. Else he will be long gone like Saddam and Gaddafi before him.It has nothing to do with lack of military power or whatever.

Anyone got any opinions on Turkey accusing Iran of using drones to strike Turkish soldiers, killing 4?
Even if it's true, there nothing Turkey can do about it to be honest. Both are engaged in a proxy wars of some sort in Syria ,with both countries having troops there backing different militias proxy groups.:)

Lool You still don't understand anything I said or you are deliberately ignoring the points I made. Lol
How can you compare Libya which is an oil rich country in which many European powers like France,Britain ,Italy and to a lesser extent U.S had/have massive investments and interests in oil&gas industry with Syria which doesn't have any significant natural resources and much lesser western interests/investments per se?
Syria doesn't offer any real strategic advantage to western power as well, we already have military bases,interests and influence over much of the region, Syria doesn't offer any unique advantage to western powers. Unlike say Afghanistan(again due to attack on World trade centre) and Vietnam(two countries you mentioned) giving their proximity to large powers like China and Russia. Plus, Vietnam's case was merely part of the cold war struggle between the West and Soviet Russia for influence and to prevent other Asian countries from turning Communist(Domino effect theory), So western powers had far more reason to intervene there than they do for Syria.
In fact to be honest, Assad was never really a bad boy for western powers, he was even seen a moderate compared to other Islamists in the region, Eventhough he did support jihadists groups and Islamic extremists in Iraq after the U.S and U.K invasion of the COUNTRY. However, We never really had any particular hostility towards Syria. It's a country many western powers never really bothers much about, sibce there was nothing really Syria had that we focused on.

You said it shows that west is not powerful anymore?lol That's another big joke. I don't know if you yourself believe that. Lol. So according to you western powers were scared of Assads mighty military power, reason they have been reluctant and unwilling to intervene directly against the Assad regime right?:rofl:

Assads survival is only thanks to our parliament voting against imposing a no fly zone in Libya and Obama's reluctance to get involved as well, even after the udse of chemical weapons against its own people by the Assad regime, couple with our public reluctance and resentment of getting involved directly in any more wars. Those are the only things that saved Assad as it meant we just stood in the sidelines and watch. Else he will be long gone like Saddam and Gaddafi before him.It has nothing to do with lack of military power or whatever.

Even if it's true, there nothing Turkey can do about it to be honest. Both are engaged in a proxy wars of some sort in Syria ,with both countries having troops there backing different militias proxy groups.:)

True on that. I don't see Turkey responding to this at all, given that the Turkish death toll is rising both at home and abroad at an seemingly increasing rate.

so now Pentagon and Erdogan ( Turkey )confirming that Iran has long range UCAV with pinpoint accuracy capabilities ??

no more mockup fake false laughing making jokes making cartoons ??

Erdogan Claims Iranian-made drone killed Turkish soldiers in Syria

http://en.iuvmnews.com/2016/12/08/e...ne-killed-turkish-soldiers-in-syria-official/
excellent :tup:

We retaliated in the same day that Turkey shelled Syrian army's position to stop their advancement against terrorists.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/turkish-forces-attack-syrian-army-latakia/

it's only value in the region is serving as a transit for weapons from Iran to terror groups like Hezbollah and radical sunni groups like Hamas, that's about it.

You hit the nail on the head.
Since the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war, Assad had become a target for a certain Lobby in Washington. He had to go. But don't use 'west' to describe the actions of that Lobby: Plain and simple it was in Israeli interest to have Assad be gone and Syria destroyed, to be followed by the eventual destruction of the tenacious militia of Hezbollah. Now, there is that interest and also there is the regional Iran vs KSA rivalry. Both have the same goals.

The Mission is Accomplished in Syria: For a loong time it won't pose a threat to Israel. Hezbollah weakened. And Israelis have been openly talking about permanently gobbling up the Golan Heights because 'there is no country of Syria left to return the Heights to' logic.

Congratulations to Assad... now he should get rid of those rabid Wahabis...

Brave terroistanimals escaping Aleppo
CzQpiyWUkAAnPSJ.jpg
shaving beards and cutting hairs

You hit the nail on the head.
Since the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war, Assad had become a target for a certain Lobby in Washington. He had to go. But don't use 'west' to describe the actions of that Lobby: Plain and simple it was in Israeli interest to have Assad be gone and Syria destroyed, to be followed by the eventual destruction of the tenacious militia of Hezbollah. Now, there is that interest and also there is the regional Iran vs KSA rivalry. Both have the same goals.

The Mission is Accomplished in Syria: For a loong time it won't pose a threat to Israel. Hezbollah weakened. And Israelis have been openly talking about permanently gobbling up the Golan Heights because 'there is no country of Syria left to return the Heights to' logic.
Only to a certain extent. For one Assad's military was never a real threat for Israel, since they have never been/and are no match for Israel anyway. So Israel doesn't really care who is in charge in Damascus. Since they won't be any better per se for Israel. I will even say Israel won't mind ASSAD since at least they know him and are used to dealing with him(better devil you know than an unknown angel), plus after Israel taught Syrian regime a good lesson, they have never dared attack Israel again to this day. So Israel has no issue with Assad as far as he remains that way(which he has for the past decades).

Secondly , even the U.S never really cared much about ASSAD/Syria even when Assad regime openly supported Jihadists and islamists groups in Iraq against U.S/British troops back then. Syria as I said never really had anything of value to offer, nor any strategic advantage for the U.S. If the U.S was so keen to remove Assad, then he will belong gone, since they had many opportunities(and still do even today) to do so since the civil war started, but they never really bothered.
Syria turning into a semi failed state today is Assad's own doing, he is the sole one responsible for Syria's current plight(suppressing/killing any protesters/opposition to his rule like tyrants always do across the world). Nobody else, much less Israel is to blame. If anything , Israel has been largely watching from the sidelines, while occasionally targeting weapons shipments through Syria to terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas which pose a threat to Israel to some extent. I don't see anything wrong there, since if I was in Israel's position I will do the same thing as far as I have the capabilities.:agree:

So not everything that happens in the region is the doing of Israel(or the Jews). :) Lol

Only to a certain extent. For one Assad's military was never a real threat for Israel, since they have never been/and are no match for Israel anyway. So Israel doesn't really care who is in charge in Damascus. Since they won't be any better per se for Israel. I will even say Israel won't mind ASSAD since at least they know him and are used to dealing with him(better devil you know than an unknown angel), plus after Israel taught Syrian regime a good lesson, they have never dared attack Israel again to this day. So Israel has no issue with Assad as far as he remains that way(which he has for the past decades).

Secondly , even the U.S never really cared much about ASSAD/Syria even when Assad regime openly supported Jihadists and islamists groups in Iraq against U.S/British troops back then. Syria as I said never really had anything of value to offer, nor any strategic advantage for the U.S. If the U.S was so keen to remove Assad, then he will belong gone, since they had many opportunities(and still do even today) to do so since the civil war started, but they never really bothered.
Syria turning into a semi failed state today is Assad's own doing, he is the sole one responsible for Syria's current plight(suppressing/killing any protesters/opposition to his rule like tyrants always do across the world). Nobody else, much less Israel is to blame. If anything , Israel has been largely watching from the sidelines, while occasionally targeting weapons shipments through Syria to terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas which pose a threat to Israel to some extent. I don't see anything wrong there, since if I was in Israel's position I will do the same thing as far as I have the capabilities.:agree:

So not everything that happens in the region is the doing of Israel(or the Jews). :) Lol

So tell your brothers stop bothering us by aiming trucks ... we need Fateh110 and Fateh 313 there

@yavar
Any comment about the last Palmyra attack by ISIS, with 4,000 men driving hundreds of Toyota pickup without being noticed by Syria/Russia/Iran, and storming Palmyra and conquering it in two days??

It seems extremely "strange" the lack of intelligence info of SAA & allies (IRGC included), and the lack of air strikes in a so big pickup concentration.

@yavar
Any comment about the last Palmyra attack by ISIS, with 4,000 men driving hundreds of Toyota pickup without being noticed by Syria/Russia/Iran, and storming Palmyra and conquering it in two days??

It seems extremely "strange" the lack of intelligence info of SAA & allies (IRGC included), and the lack of air strikes in a so big pickup concentration.

The Syrian forces lost to ISIS outside Palmyra and retreated.

Back
Top Bottom