What's new

AL-KHALID MBT gets VARTA APS and HIT will be manufacturing Textron TAPV.

@Dazzler bro identify the sights plz.

Capture.png

Capturew.png

al khalid..

first is gunner day/ iit sight

second is commander day/ iit/ ti sight

I was talking about this - honestly speaking I didn't know about textron until now. Niether have I heard about HIT before so I cannot judge them - though some more info about any JV would clear there air - if there is one.
and yr a member of this forum since 2011! This tells me what u have been doing here since that long.

Take a chill pill bro, we are a bunch of pranksters, just pranking you indian guys. Hope you sleep well tonight.
after seeing their reaction from Russian arms embargo thread and Rajeev Sharma i dont think they will be sleeping tightly in any night in future.

al khalid..

first is gunner day/ iit sight

second is commander day/ iit/ ti sight
What's iit / ti ???

Are those the new french sights ???

How are good are these sights when compared to Leclerc's sights ???

The Leclerc tank features the HL-60 gunners primary sight from SAGEM. The sights day channel offers X3.3 and X10 magnification (x14 in case of the UAE version). The night channel thermal intensifier offers X3, X6, X10 and X20 magnifications. No emergency or auxiliary sights are mounted. The laser range finder is of the Nd:YAG type at 1.06 µm. The tank commander can observe the surroundings through 7 periscopes and the HL-70 Panoramic sight. The HL-70 is equipped with a day channel at X2.5 and X10 magnification and a night channel with X2.5 magnification. On the Series XXI and UAE variant the HL-80 commanders panoramic sight is mounted. The sight offers X2.5 and X10 magnification (and an electronic zoom X2) for the thermal intensifier and a laser range finder of the Nd:YAG type at 1.06 µm. Both sights are also equipped with a semi auto tracker for target acquisition. The combination of the gunners primary sight and commanders panoramic sight allows the Leclerc to operate in a hunter-killer mode.

engine is known 1500hp

new Armour modules

bigger hull+turret but similar gun which is good enough

command control again known

i suspect new ammo is being developed

new fcs/ optics i heard of a while ago

lets see how things turn up, digitization more than any version and maybe some surprises under the hood.
most modern tanks have smaller guns

What's iit / ti ???

Are those the new french sights ???

How are good are these sights when compared to Leclerc's sights ???

compare....

gunner alkhalid

Capture.png

gunner LecLerc
mvs580-2-70e75.png

commander alkhalid..

Capturew.png

LEcLErc

images.jpg

pretty close, provide same functionality such as hunter killer mode, auto tracking etc.

Last edited:
What about magnification, resolution etc ???

from your post on LecLerc ranges...

The Leclerc tank features the HL-60 gunners primary sight from SAGEM. The sights day channel offers X3.3 and X10 magnification (x14 in case of the UAE version). The night channel thermal intensifier offers X3, X6, X10 and X20 magnifications. No emergency or auxiliary sights are mounted. The laser range finder is of the Nd:YAG type at 1.06 µm. The tank commander can observe the surroundings through 7 periscopes and the HL-70 Panoramic sight. The HL-70 is equipped with a day channel at X2.5 and X10 magnification and a night channel with X2.5 magnification. On the Series XXI and UAE variant the HL-80 commanders panoramic sight is mounted. The sight offers X2.5 and X10 magnification (and an electronic zoom X2) for the thermal intensifier and a laser range finder of the Nd:YAG type at 1.06 µm. Both sights are also equipped with a semi auto tracker for target acquisition. The combination of the gunners primary sight and commanders panoramic sight allows the Leclerc to operate in a hunter-killer mode

Alkhalid....

gunner sight= dual 3.0x, 10x

FoV= 20 deg. 6 deg

Commander sight

panoramic bi axis stabilized

Mag= x6
FoV=10

again, from the figures, both are very close, infact, i think AK's FCS is a customised system modelled on LecLerc's FCS. Because it is certainly not Savan-15 FCS, neither any HIT official mentioned Savan-15 nor Sagem Safran did, whereas they mentioned PT-91 with Savan-15 on their page. Savan-15 is a simplified derivative of LecLerc FCS.

Last edited:
FoV= 20 deg. 6 deg
Commander sight
Mag= x6
FoV=10

10x magnification is not significant unless you had additional visual aids and radar to supplement that. And excuse my basic question... do you have a radar in tanks?

FoV= 20 deg. 6 deg
Commander sight
Mag= x6
FoV=10

10x magnification is not significant unless you had additional visual aids and radar to supplement that. And excuse my basic question... do you have a radar in tanks?

in some cases, yes, but alkhalid, t-80 do have Radar Warning Receivers. Visual aids are also provided through datalinked UAVs patroling the area, BMS also helps in situational awareness. Command and control works like a charm.

125 MM gun fires round up to 2000 meter range. Don't you think it's a major drawback? considering adversary tanks equipped with 120 mm projectiles can fire projectiles up to 4000 meter?

I think that's the range guaranteed with Laser Ranger. There is no point in being able to fire longer, if you can't aim accurately. Though maximum range would never be revealed. Majority of enemy tanks are not fit for night time fighting, i believe we had discussions on that here. A 2km firing range gives you enough firepower to defeat a suitable armor. What's the point if you fire longer range, but it does not do damage?

Plus the range figures for different rounds would be different.

from your post on LecLerc ranges...

Alkhalid....

FoV= 20 deg. 6 deg

Commander sight

Mag= x6
FoV=10

again, from the figures, both are very close, infact, i think AK's FCS is a customised system modelled on LecLerc's FCS. Because it is certainly not Savan-15 FCS, neither any HIT official mentioned Savan-15 nor Sagem Safran did, whereas they mentioned PT-91 with Savan-15 on their page. Savan-15 is a simplified derivative of LecLerc FCS.
HL-60 also offers X20 for night mode, ours doesn't. :(

BTW I am bothering you far too much. sorry for that.

HL-60 also offers X20 for night mode, ours doesn't. :(

BTW I am bothering you far too much. sorry for that.

ours is not mentioned, every TI system has day night zooming capability. besides, they use same ti.

Look how well the sights are protected in Leclerc compared to AK.

leclerc11.jpg

leclerc-com.jpg

Back
Top Bottom