What's new

AL-KHALID MBT gets VARTA APS and HIT will be manufacturing Textron TAPV.

125 MM gun fires round up to 2000 meter range. Don't you think it's a major drawback? considering adversary tanks equipped with 120 mm projectiles can fire projectiles up to 4000 meter?

2000m is standard calculated range for effective accuracy. In reality, gun can fire more than 4000m but the farther a round travels, accuracy is reduced.

What's iit / ti ???

Are those the new french sights ???

How are good are these sights when compared to Leclerc's sights ???

iit means Image Intensification Tube (night sight), TI means Thermal Imager (again, advanced night sight allows better and farther visibility/ identification)

Alkhalid and LecLerc both use similar Sagem and Thales sights :)

Look how well the sights are protected in Leclerc compared to AK.

COutoKO.jpg

leclerc11.jpg

leclerc-com.jpg

both sights covered...
owuLNT3.jpg

Last edited:
@Dazzler Since you are a tank guy, I wanted to ask you this.

What is the main difference of quality between say Al Khalid and Western-Israeli tanks? When you look at the superficial 'specs' like number of rounds carried, speed, range, muzzle-velocity, type of rounds carried etc..the things come out to be pretty equal.

I know heavier Western tanks have better/heavier armor making them more secure...but other than that, what is the main difference that makes Western tanks superior? Electronics? better rounds? What?

@Dazzler Since you are a tank guy, I wanted to ask you this.

What is the main difference of quality between say Al Khalid and Western-Israeli tanks? When you look at the superficial 'specs' like number of rounds carried, speed, range, muzzle-velocity, type of rounds carried etc..the things come out to be pretty equal.

I know heavier Western tanks have better/heavier armor making them more secure...but other than that, what is the main difference that makes Western tanks superior? Electronics? better rounds? What?

different set of requirements result in different weapon system. overall, western tanks emphasize more on armour protection, high automation whereas eastern tanks emphasize on firepower, mobility and alkhalid is sort of a mix of both ideas.

it has excellent fcs, firepower, high digitization good armour light in weight and is not a behemoth of 60-70 ton

different set of requirements result in different weapon system. overall, western tanks emphasize more on armour protection, high automation whereas eastern tanks emphasize on firepower, mobility and agility. alkhalid is sort of a mix of both ideas.

it has excellent fcs, firepower, high digitization good armour light in weight and is not a behemoth
Sirjee we using Titanium in AK armor modules ???

composite fillers remain a secret
1-Yar you said in one of your posts that this is AK-2 cause the specs. match, i've read the brochure again, it says 1200 water cooled, please confirm.
2-Are their any reports on indigenous manufacturing of the thermal imaging or any sorts of optics in Pakistan, specifically for tanks.
3-What is the range of AK's optional radar, the one that can be fitted on the tank itself.

1-Yar you said in one of your posts that this is AK-2 cause the specs. match, i've read the brochure again, it says 1200 water cooled, please confirm.
Those are old specs. I think'll be a few changes for example the APS will be placed elsewhere.
2-Are their any reports on indigenous manufacturing of the thermal imaging or any sorts of optics in Pakistan, specifically for tanks.
Gunner's Sight. (HIT made)

Capture.png

Commander's Sight (HIT made)

Capturew.png

3-What is the range of AK's optional radar, the one that can be fitted on the tank itself.
A radar is unlikely i think.

myreply was in relation to HIT spokes person on latest AK variant

Al Khalid-II

I.e a new Al Khalid with SIGNIFICANT changes/modifications.
They pic you just saw, You can't get much better than that.

1500 HP propulsion is a done deal !!!

The sights are very good.

It has a Soft-Kill APS.

Command and Control is excellent.

The only new improvements I can think of include,

A hardkill APS, Maybe a better RCWS and new armor modules.

Back
Top Bottom