What's new

AirForce Monthly - 2 Chinese AESA radar competing for Block 3

Hi,

Thank you for the post and tag---. The concern about the source codes is an important news---.

Why would that be an issue now---. In the past---an italian radar was offered for the aircraft---.
the tech is quite sensitive . GaN is not something chinese are familiar with . Furthermore NRIET has good relations with PAC for KLJ-7 v1/2 , the new nose indicates that block 1 , 2 needs a custom made solution to easily fit in . the solution might be different from block 3 and jf17b due to difference in shaoe and sixes of nose

the tech is quite sensitive . GaN is not something chinese are familiar with . Furthermore NRIET has good relations with PAC for KLJ-7 v1/2 , the new nose indicates that block 1 , 2 needs a custom made solution to easily fit in . the solution might be different from block 3 and jf17b due to difference in shaoe and sixes of nose

Hi,

The question is---why is the source code issue coming up now---.

Or the issue was always there and Vixen was never in the game for the radar and Paf just threw it up there in the air to create confusion---.

You cannot be at the ' final lap ' and find out that there was no contestant to compete with.

Hi,

Or the issue was always there and Vixen was never in the game for the radar and Paf just threw it up there in the air to create confusion---.

You cannot be at the ' final lap ' and find out that there was no contestant to compete with.
Italy has offered us vixen several times and even when ACM visited italy . The fuss was actually created by us and meanwhile PAF was looking at different options and awaiting the chinese development and wanted to know its true capabilities before coming to final decision..in this sense Vixen was the last hope for PAF

so will j 31 be inducted by china or is it just export market
Bro I think PlANAF will induct this for there air craft carrier as they still have time
To re-evaluate and make this plane more competent coz Chinese second and third aircraft
Carrier is still have some years to be in the sea

Italy has offered us vixen several times and even when ACM visited italy . The fuss was actually created by us and meanwhile PAF was looking at different options and awaiting the chinese development and wanted to know its true capabilities before coming to final decision..in this sense Vixen was the last hope for PAF

Hi,

That is what I was alluding to---if vixen had already offered its goods in the past---why would there be a problem now---.

Hi,

That is what I was alluding to---if vixen had already offered its goods in the past---why would there be a problem now---.
I think issue is BVR . vixen might have thought we will buy their BVR and not ask for Codes for it.
Than it could be Chinese concerns regarding the newest fifth gen short range AAM

I think issue is BVR . vixen might have thought we will buy their BVR and not ask for Codes for it.
Than it could be Chinese concerns regarding the newest fifth gen short range AAM
exactly we have got several chinese awesome bvr on cart however they have difference in coding standards (chinese on's are non nato) . pl15 like bvr missiles need compatible radars...vixen wouldnt give us meteor although denel dynamics could help us in that case but our existing inventory of chinese missiles need room in block 3 also so clearly from day 1 i know chinese radar will land in block 3

Where would the helmet mounted display come from?
it depends on from where the sraam with iir seeker comes..

It looks like the JF-17B is basically the design platform of the Block-III - i.e. enlarged nose, three-axis fly-by-wire, and greater internal fuel (to compensate for space lost from the second seat). In terms of radar, I think NRIET has the best chance considering it is China's leading radar vendor and the PAF already has a strong relationship with them via the KLJ-7/V2.
Sounds like it will be a fat albert. Thrust to weight definitely took a beating. The aircraft is getting larger just like the F-16 when it first popped out. Although they had a bigger advantage in terms if increasing the thrust and fuel load without compromising the range. We don't have that luxury, especially without spending a lot of money in order to swap engines

Sounds like it will be a fat albert. Thrust to weight definitely took a beating. The aircraft is getting larger just like the F-16 when it first popped out. Although they had a bigger advantage in terms if increasing the thrust and fuel load without compromising the range. We don't have that luxury, especially without spending a lot of money in order to swap engines
"block 3 is what all of you dream of " - Straight outta kamra friend mouth

Hi,

The use of composite materials would be the saving grace---.

Plus---the new chinese WS13 would offer better fuel consumption and power---.

Other than that---the aircraft would be as potent as the Grippen NG---in the BLK 3 version.

Hi,

The use of composite materials would be the saving grace---.

Plus---the new chinese WS13 would offer better fuel consumption and power---.

Other than that---the aircraft would be as potent as the Grippen NG---in the BLK 3 version.
not quiet, we dont the capabilities of the radar and i dont assume the jf-17 will have an irst

Hola,

No entiendo lo que ha escrito.
you spend way to much time with mexican's (i had to translate it)

anyway..... the jf-17 wont have this......
1920px-Su-27UB_cockpit.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infra-red_search_and_track

whilst the gripen does.
ir-otis3.jpg

Last edited:
Besides composite materials, they are basically at the point where an engine switch will need to happen. The JF-17 has been flying with the WS-13 in China, so that route is probable (ideally with WS-13E), but PAC did say it was interested in the RD-33MK as well. Klimov also has a RD-93MA program too.

Hi,

The comment came from CATIC (i.e. the Chinese industry), not the PAF. The PAF has yet to decide. That said, CATIC's statements should be taken very seriously, as good a sign as any that Pakistan will need to localize its supply of air-to-air missiles, lest foreign industries try to vertically integrate on us by having us bundle their goods, even when we might want an alternative in specific areas.

Back
Top Bottom