What's new

AirForce Monthly - 2 Chinese AESA radar competing for Block 3

WarFariX

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Capture.PNG

AirForce's Monthly April 2017 issue

They need to make it dedicated to strike missions. I think it can also be used in the EW role.

Great news. Since dual seater has slightly larger nose-cone, doses that mean Block-ll will not be able to receive AESA radars ever? That also mean Block III would be based on JF17B airframe to be able to accommodate AESA as well as extra feel for longer range.

Last edited:
It looks like the JF-17B is basically the design platform of the Block-III - i.e. enlarged nose, three-axis fly-by-wire, and greater internal fuel (to compensate for space lost from the second seat). In terms of radar, I think NRIET has the best chance considering it is China's leading radar vendor and the PAF already has a strong relationship with them via the KLJ-7/V2.

Last edited:
DO not post the PDf
Again,

DO NOT POST THE PDF

There are copyright issues and it is essentially piracy.

We have good relations with correspondents at AFM and would like to keep it that way.

Want to know the full news

BUY THE MAGAZINE

It is available in most major cities now
I mean you quote them and put a summary rather than doing piracy

I think the interesting part is neither side will share their cides rather than Italy wont share its codes.
This pretty much rules out any outside radar

It looks like the JF-17B is basically the design platform of the Block-III - i.e. enlarged nose, three-axis fly-by-wire, and greater internal fuel (to compensate for space lost from the second seat). In terms of radar, I think NRIET has the best chance considering it is China's leading radar vendor and the PAF already has a strong relationship with them via the KLJ-7/V2.
can u please explain FBW (hybrid,quadriplex, three-axis) which one is good and how. thanks

I mean you quote them and put a summary rather than doing piracy
@fatman17 so what exactly do u want to see from that mag ? ..its too big magazine plus i didnt read full except for the chinese and pak part

DO not post the PDf
Again,

DO NOT POST THE PDF

There are copyright issues and it is essentially piracy.

We have good relations with correspondents at AFM and would like to keep it that way.

Want to know the full news

BUY THE MAGAZINE

It is available in most major cities now
i m sensible enough sir :-) ...i also have good relation with 2 of famous AFM editors....

HIGHLIGHTS @fatman17 @ziaulislam

sfs.PNG
Capture.PNG

asasf.PNG
ss.PNG

so will j 31 be inducted by china or is it just export market

Back
Top Bottom