What's new

Airbus: We have sealed an historic order with IranAir for 100 jets

I was reading the thread to notice, people are congratulating Iranians.

I dunno, when i hear about Turkish Airline's new aircraft purchases i always felt like "our hard earned money flying away, to buy foreign aircraft."..I know this sector is being monopolied by Airbus and Boeing but are you not feeling the same with me ?

.Hi bro,

its not true, are you aware that how many jobs have been creating Due to the buying new airplanes? they need crew, engineers for repairing ,aviation organization, office for Airlines, agencies to sell tickets and its system, constructing airports and terminals,fuel, transporting and ... every one of them create many jobs in IT, construction and ...in there. Turkey and others earns much more profits than the cost of buying airplanes.

that's right, if you would build such advanced high quality airplanes domestically, you would pay less to buy them.
p.s: Iran doesnt pay cash, its foreign Finance.

Last edited:

I dunno, when i hear about Turkish Airline's new aircraft purchases i always felt like "our hard earned money flying away, to buy foreign aircraft."..I know this sector is being monopolied by Airbus and Boeing but are you not feeling the same with me ?

Huh......You might be right, but then again you don't have any other choice to be honest, do you?

As @mike2000 is back said, there really is no choice. Neither Iran nor Turkey's aviation sectors are nearly as well developed as Boeing or Airbus. Nevermind the 777 that can fly to any airport in the world, we cannot even make a small regional jet. And even if we do, remember this is a competitive market, you must be able to be competitive on price, performance and features with the biggest established aircraft makers in the world. Dozens of countries all around the world dp the same as Iran and Turkey. Boeing and Airbus are not in a typical accessible industry.

And as @Uhuhu said, this is but an investment to make more jobs and money for the country.

But mostly the reason we are happy is that finally our airlines can have planes that are new, reliable, efficient and most importantly don't put the lives of their passengers at risk.

As @mike2000 is back said, there really is no choice. Neither Iran nor Turkey's aviation sectors are nearly as well developed as Boeing or Airbus. Nevermind the 777 that can fly to any airport in the world, we cannot even make a small regional jet. And even if we do, remember this is a competitive market, you must be able to be competitive on price, performance and features with the biggest established aircraft makers in the world. Dozens of countries all around the world dp the same as Iran and Turkey. Boeing and Airbus are not in a typical accessible industry.

And as @Uhuhu said, this is but an investment to make more jobs and money for the country.

But mostly the reason we are happy is that finally our airlines can have planes that are new, reliable, efficient and most importantly don't put the lives of their passengers at risk.

Iran could do JV's with Russia, China, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Turkey, Zimbabwe etc. to try and break into the market. If successful you could appeal to markets in slightly less prosperous regions who can't afford Boeing or Airbus. From there a positive reputation would begin to form and you can then try to break into more markets across the world.

Of course Zimbabwe is a very prosperous country and would have no need for such a plane - but you know what I mean.

Iran could do JV's with Russia, China, Brazil, Japan, Indonesia, Turkey, Zimbabwe etc. to try and break into the market. If successful you could appeal to markets in slightly less prosperous regions who can't afford Boeing or Airbus. From there a positive reputation would begin to form and you can then try to break into more markets across the world.

Of course Zimbabwe is a very prosperous country and would have no need for such a plane - but you know what I mean.
Lol You are funny.

I disagree.
Even your display pic agrees.:laugh:

Even China and Russia are buying almost all their commercial jet liners from European powers or from the U.S and the ones they are building relies heavily on western companies and their technology. So what chance does smaller weaker developing countries like Turkey and Iran stand? You go figure. :)

Even your display pic agrees.:laugh:

Even China and Russia are buying almost all their commercial jet liners from European powers or from the U.S and the ones they are building relies heavily on western companies and their technology. So what chance does smaller weaker developing countries like Turkey and Iran stand? You go figure. :)
It is not about technology, it is about capital/cost/market and so on.Becouse boeing and air bus have the advantage of joining this market first, this is a dedicated market,it is complex thing to make sure success in commercial jet line market for another company.

lol I don't think he said anything specific to warrant that response.

Even China and Russia are buying almost all their commercial jet liners from European powers or from the U.S and the ones they are building relies heavily on western companies and their technology. So what chance does smaller weaker developing countries like Turkey and Iran stand? You go figure.
Iran and Turkey could, with much effort, build a commercial airliner. But the first effort would not be competitive, and competitiveness is everything.

584708_img650x420_img650x420_crop.jpg

https://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/M...ivery-of-first-airbus-jet-post-sanctions.ashx

Back
Top Bottom