What's new

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan likely to be appointed new air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was seriously hoping for AVM Shoail Gul to be promoted but PML N has shown her true color again.

AVM Muhammad Salman promoted as air marshal

ISLAMABAD: The government on Monday promoted Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Salman to the rank of Air Marshal. According to the PAF, Air Marshal Muhammad Salman was commissioned in the Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in September 1982. He has served at various staff and command appointments during the tenure of his service. These include: Officer Commanding at Military Training Wing in PAF Academy, Risalpur, and Deputy Director (Engineering Group) at Air Headquarters. He has also served as Director Engineering Services at Air Headquarters and Officer Commanding Engineering Wing at PAF Base, Rafiqui, Managing Director Mirage Re-build Factory, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Aircraft Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. Presently, he is serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. In recognition of his services, he has been awarded with Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military)
Air-Marshal-Muhammad-Salman-316x286.jpg

Nothing wrong with ACM M Salam but Sohail Gul was the senior most and have impressive CV as well. Let hope that new chief modernise and improve the PAF capability.
not forget that Raheel was also choosen by bypassing the senior and he was not from battlefield Area..

Salman promoted as air marshal

The Government of Pakistan has promoted Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Salman to the rank of air marshal, says a press release.

Air Marshal Muhammad Salman was commissioned in the Engineering Branch of Pakistan Air Force in September 1982. He has served at various staff and command appointments during the tenure of his service. These include, Officer Commanding at Military Training Wing, PAF Academy, Risalpur and Deputy Director (Engineering Group) at Air Headquarters.
He has also served as director of Engineering Services at Air Headquarters, Officer Commanding Engineering Wing PAF Base, Rafiqui, Managing Director Mirage Re-build Factory, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra and Assistant Chief of the Air Staff (Aircraft Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. Presently, he is serving as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Engineering) at Air Headquarters, Islamabad. In recognition of his services, he has been awarded with Hilal-e-Imtiaz (Military).

Salman promoted as air marshal - thenews.com.pk

I hope this Engineer will increase engineering work in PAF..

Air Marshal Sohail Aman
is appointed as Air Chief Marshal

am_sohail_aman.jpg

Last edited:
President Mamnoon Hussain has approved the appointment of Air Marshal Sohail Aman as new Chief of Air Staff.
Sohail Aman will replace Chief of Air Staff Tahir Rafique Butt who proceeds on retirement.
Air Marshal Sohail Aman is a graduate of Combat Commanders’ School, Air War College and Kings College London.
He was commissioned in Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in November 1980 as GD Pilot.
During his career, he commanded a fighter squadron, a fighter wing and an operational airbase.
Air Marshal Sohail Aman is also recipient of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military).

I hear first that ACM will be Sohail Gul Khan then i heard that Muhammad Salman will be ACM and now I hear that Sohail Aman will be the ACM.. what is happening?

Can anyone just confirm with sources that who will be the ACM of PAF..

Air Marshal Sohail Aman, new Chief of Air Staff PAF

March 18, 2015 - Updated 1435 PKT
From Web Edition

Pakistan-AirMarshal-SohailAman-PakistanAirForce-PAF-Army-Air_3-18-2015_178535_l.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Air Marshal Sohail Aman has been appointed as the Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif moved a summary to the President on Wednesday.

Air Marshal Sohail Aman will assume command on Thursday after Air Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt's tenure expires.

Air Marshal Sohail Aman is a graduate of the Combat Commanders’ School, Air War College and Kings College (London). He has also served as air officer commanding of a regional air command and Deputy Chief of Air Staff (training) at the Air Headquarters in Islamabad.
He is a recipient of the Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom