What's new

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan likely to be appointed new air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will have its new chief next month as the incumbent Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, will be completing his tenure in the third week of March.

Highly-placed sources told The News that the current Vice Chief of Air Staff (VCAS) Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan will be elevated to the rank of Air Chief Marshal and was likely to be designated as the new Chief of the Air Staff.

The approval of the new appointment will be accorded by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif who will consign it to President Mamnoon Hussain for formal appointment. The names for the new CAS are before the prime minister and they include Air Marshal Muhammad Jamshaid Khan, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff Support (DCAS-S), Air Marshal Sohail Aman, Deputy Chief of Air Staff (DCAS-Operation) and Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan.

The sources said that Sohail Gul Khan belongs to Peshawar and is a thorough soldier. He has piloted the F-16 fighter aircraft. He throughout had been outstanding in his career and held command of various bases.

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan is the senior-most commander in the PAF after the present CAS. His appointment will be made for a period of three years and the major task before him, after assuming the command, will be to provide support to the army in its historic military Operation Zarb-e-Azb currently underway in the tribal areas to flush out the terrorists and eliminate their hideouts.

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan likely to be appointed new air chief - thenews.com.pk

VCAS has an impressive CV btw :D

He is a TopGun.

that''s the good thing i like about PAF and PN, change of command is quite simple and straight, senior most officer becomes the chief every 3 years.

Is the three year term a fixed norm?
Requesting a detailed description of future CAS of PAF.

Good choice. He is an impressive solider

Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan was born in 1958 and received his early education from Cantt Public School, Peshawar. Subsequently, he joined Pakistan Air Force and graduated in GD (P) Branch with the distinction of Sword of Honour in April 1979. After doing his Fighter and Operational Conversion Courses, he flew all types of Chinese and French fighter aircraft on PAF's inventory. He is an accomplished fighter pilot with rich experience on F-16. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) and has been an instructor at the prestigious Combat Commander's School. He commanded a Fighter Squadron, a Fighter Flying Wing, a Fighter Base and a Regional Air Command.

In staff jobs at Air Headquarters, AM Sohail Gul Khan has served as Deputy Chief Inspector (Operations) at the Inspector General's Branch, Deputy Director Plans (Operations) and Director of Operations. He has also served in China as Leader JF-17 Development Team. In Senior Staff assignments, the Air Officer has the distinction of having served as Director General Air Force Strategic Command, Air Headquarters Islamabad, Inspector General PAF and Director General Logistics at Joint Staff Headquarters Chaklala, he also performed his duties as Chairman, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Kamra. He has done Master's in Defence Studies from King's College, London and M Sc in Defence and Strategic Studies from National Defence University, Islamabad.

He is married and blessed with three children. In recognition of his meritorious services, he has been decorated with awards of Tamgha-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military). He has also been awarded with Professional Excellence Badge and 02 Chief of the Air Staff Commendation Certificates in his career.

396536-sohailgulkhan-1340206366-264-640x480.JPG

Last edited:
The said new CAS surely has a very rich and diverse professional background.

This must come as real bad news for Luffy aka @Samandri the Afghan who tries to peddle his bullshit of racism against Pushtuns. There is no racism in the Armed Forces, Pakistan Armed Forces is what makes Pakistan strong with all ethnicities ready to defend Pakistan.

Wow, this could be an outstandingly good decision by PMLN government. PAF will definitely rose to new heights in his leadership. I have listen very very good things about his carrier and his personality. This will also increase government's support in Pashtun people. I think it will be after a very long time that PAF will get a Sword of Honour Chief.

Wow, this could be an outstandingly good decision by PMLN government. PAF will definitely rose to new heights in his leadership. I have listen very very good things about his carrier and his personality. This will also increase government's support in Pashtun people. I think it will be after a very long time that PAF will get a Sword of Honour Chief.

Wow did you know it's PAF that might choose him and not pml n .. Although pml n's fuk ups like choosing COAS,hijacking planes,and forcing COAS's resign are very famous .. Apart from attacking supreme courts,using police as their personal servants n appointing their favourite cops n even forcing them to divorce their wives and marrying them for a night ? Or getting their own wives beaten up by police among other "wowy" things... like massive corruption & shirty claims!

NS and company don't have a clue when they see a good thing staring at them in the face.

The Right Man for the job indeed this Gul chap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom