What's new

Air Assault Helicopter of PA crashes in Harnai, martyring six

إنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

A second incident of this sort in the region. Apart from technical error, is there a likelihood that terrorists are equipped with new types of weapons?

You don't need sophisticated weapons.
All you need is an anti aircraft gun.

Helicopters have a weakness, as they are too slow, and fly too low to evade such fire.
At that altitude, even a lucky RPG shot would do that job.

@Signalian , a great loss. But looks like PA is learning. Using Air assault for QRF
2 x officers are pilots and 1 x sepoy is heli mechanic. So 3 of them are PAA personnel.
1 x JCO, 1 X NCO and 1 x sepoy are SSG.

3 SSG personnel as QRF ? I don't know. Extraction maybe or training mission or medevac or sniping or flood related. I really dont know. Was any or all 3 of them wounded ? SSG operates in teams of 4 or 6. What was the extra equipment onboard ? were there relief goods ?

Based on above, you tell the mission profile ?

2 x officers are pilots and 1 x sepoy is heli mechanic. So 3 of them are PAA personnel.
1 x JCO, 1 X NCO and 1 x sepoy are SSG.

3 SSG personnel as QRF ? I don't know. Extraction maybe or training mission or medevac. I really dont know. Was any or all 3 of them wounded ? SSG operates in teams of 4 or 6.

Based on above, you tell the mission profile ?
No it was an op to rescue two army personnel that were captured by terrorists.
I cannot confirm right now but time will tell.

Afghan Talib had/have tech to shoot down Helicopters like Stingers Missiles.
And CIA gave them that tech.

These BLA/BLF have no such tech, they are claiming on twitter that they shot down, last time they said same.

You don't need sophisticated weapons.
All you need is an anti aircraft gun.

Helicopters have a weakness, as they are too slow, and fly too low to evade such fire.
At that altitude, even a lucky RPG shot would do that job.
RPG and 12.7mm can bring the helicopter down easily if ambushed.
been done in Iraq, Afghanistan and FATA.

إنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
Please give priority for drone usage to avoid such sad incidents.

Back
Top Bottom