What's new

Afghan refugees in Pakistan wait for reforms

Did you know, Pakistan's Western borders have remained secure for better part of our history, just on the basis of this brotherhood! Maybe you didn't know this little gem of info.

Not entirely and not too that secure either. Many a times the PAF has had to scramble to attack Afghan intruders trying to claim territory. Tactics including low level buzzing to live fire were used to send them back. And the ones who reported these intrusions were tribesmen themselves who were harassed at the least and attacked and looted at the worst.

I am both Ta'ajubed and Surprised that you ignore these incidents.( Unless off course one has attended one too many King Zahir Afghan events in Peshawar and were enamoured with the gorgeous and relatively scantily clad ladies present there).

Nope, I don't ignore any of those incidents. I remember the ones that happened in late 80's, where whole areas were cordoned off, and PAF did sorties. And no, I am not one of those who attended those Zahir events either! :P

Not entirely and not too that secure either. Many a times the PAF has had to scramble to attack Afghan intruders trying to claim territory. Tactics including low level buzzing to live fire were used to send them back. And the ones who reported these intrusions were tribesmen themselves who were harassed at the least and attacked and looted at the worst.

I am both Ta'ajubed and Surprised that you ignore these incidents.( Unless off course one has attended one too many King Zahir Afghan events in Peshawar and were enamoured with the gorgeous and relatively scantily clad ladies present there).

Afghans should understand that almost 10% of even Pakistani Punjab has partly Afghan roots. This is a figure I have researched.

Politics aside, a lot of Pakistanis trace their origins to Afghanistan, and respect Afghanistan on cultural, historical, and Islamic grounds.

Just because millions of Afghans have settled in Pakistan over the past 10 centuries, and even in the past 150 years, like my family, and they have changed their language and their culture to local Punjabi / sindhi / Kashmiri / hazarvi, it does not mean they are no longer of Afghan roots. No one change your roots.

here I will agree with @Hyperion

provided if they agree to be loyal to Pakistan & not get involved in anti-Pakistan activities, then they should be given citizenship, it will be in-human to deport them, they have already suffered a lot, but yes, they should be loyal to Pakistan & not bash Pakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on lads, Pakistan receives money for keeping those immigrants, we are talking $133 million.
UNHCR - Pakistan
What are the big thing here, millions of Afghan have already left Pakistan, and hopefully in the near future, most of those who are left can return home.
:

Baby bragging instead of thanking us to provide them shelter & safe place that We are paid for it………:rofl:
Can you guess how much is needed just to provide clean water & electricity to 3-4 millions?? it is more than 150M$ while also count infrastructure,Health,Education & Other facilities we are providing for more than a decade.
They are now 1.6 million but we helped Afghans and never demanded for credit.
but i wish to be treated with a bit of respect for all those sacrifices we made for our brother neighbours.
Well I hope Afghan Government can do and plan something to establish these people back and open business.
I am sure the future of Afghanistan is bright with Pakistan & the Afghan youth will recognize services provided by us in term of providing shelter,food,free trade,no visa policy,disarmed borders & help in crucial time of war……:coffee:

provided if they agree to be loyal to Pakistan & not get involved in anti-Pakistan activities, then they should be given citizenship, it will be in-human to deport them, they have already suffered a lot, but yes, they should be loyal to Pakistan & not bash Pakistan

No i don't agree with that.
We provided them shelter in their bad time.
now after US departure their bad time ended and bad time of their country is starting and their country needs them.
they are trained businessmen & workforce now.
Pakistan and Afghan Government in collaboration should make efforts to settle them and provide them with resources to settle back in their country and play role in its development. 16 crore canake a difference ehhh?? :pop:

When things get bad, people often deflect. You sure you aren't guilty of that? Pakistan is a country of immigrants, moth of Punjab & Sindh is full of them. You know who actually people of the land were, and most of them AT THE MOMENT are pretty uncomfortable with the guests. So tomorrow when they complain that all immigrants go back, would you be OK with that? Obviously not.

Most of these Afghans were born here three decades ago, so what's the right thing to do? If we go by your analogy, then my city has a population of Indian Muhajreen of more than 300,000+ who moved in way after partition, would it be OK for me (as I am one of the settled ones, settled in present geographical boundaries of Pakistan centuries, if not millennia ago).

Learn to respect Muhajreen. It's a very difficult thing for one to leave their home and move to an alien land. Grow up kid.

No i don't agree with that.
We provided them shelter in their bad time.
now after US departure their bad time ended and bad time of their country is starting and their country needs them.
they are trained businessmen & workforce now.
Pakistan and Afghan Government in collaboration should make efforts to settle them and provide them with resources to settle back in their country and play role in its development. 16 crore canake a difference ehhh?? :pop:

Oh to hell with the humanity - We don't owe them anything ! Especially when they are not Loyal to Pakistan but hate our very guts since '48 & no amount of protestations by @Hyperion can take anything away from our own myriad personal experiences with 'Afghans - Yes Afghan Pushtoons' in real life or over the internet !

What is more every Pakistani Pushtoon that I've ever met (especially the Tribal Pushtoons) hate Afghans (including the Afghan Pushtoons) much more than the rest of us ever could !

May God Bless their country & may their people prosper but they'd better do all that prospering in their own country not mine & they would most certainly not be welcomed here if half of them claim everything up to Jhelum while the other half hates half of the former because of it.

Do you know that loads of Kashmiris also hate Pakistan. What to do with those peskies settled all over Pakistan? :pop:

So, I being the "real" settled Pakistani, have the right to persecute them! :cheesy:

Oh to hell with the humanity - We don't owe them anything ! Especially when they are not Loyal to Pakistan but hate our very guts since '48 & no amount of protestations by @Hyperion can take anything away from our own myriad personal experiences with 'Afghans - Yes Afghan Pushtoons' in real life or over the internet !

What is more every Pakistani Pushtoon that I've ever met (especially the Tribal Pushtoons) hate Afghans (including the Afghan Pushtoons) much more than the rest of us ever could !

May God Bless their country & may their people prosper but they'd better do all that prospering in their own country not mine & they would most certainly not be welcomed here if half of them claim everything up to Jhelum while the other half hates half of the former because of it.

When things get bad, people often deflect. You sure you aren't guilty of that? Pakistan is a country of immigrants, moth of Punjab & Sindh is full of them. You know who actually people of the land were, and most of them AT THE MOMENT are pretty uncomfortable with the guests. So tomorrow when they complain that all immigrants go back, would you be OK with that? Obviously not.

Most of these Afghans were born here three decades ago, so what's the right thing to do? If we go by your analogy, then my city has a population of Indian Muhajreen of more than 300,000+ who moved in way after partition, would it be OK for me (as I am one of the settled ones, settled in present geographical boundaries of Pakistan centuries, if not millennia ago).

Learn to respect Muhajreen. It's a very difficult thing for one to leave their home and move to an alien land. Grow up kid.

How many of the Muhajireen from India 'hate' the country that they fought & died for ?

How many of the Muhajireen from Afghanistan give two hoots about the country that fed them, clothed them, provided ample opportunities for them & have always extended a friendly hand towards them since '48 with every attempt of ours rebuffed by their Government ?

Grow up - Grow out of your ludicrous notions of ethnic loyalty !

At any rate if historical narratives are anything to go by - KPK was part of Punjab before the British separated it from us so Get Off Our Land ! :P

Do you know that loads of Kashmiris also hate Pakistan. What to do with those peskies settled all over Pakistan? :pop:

So, I being the "real" settled Pakistani, have the right to persecute them! :cheesy:

If the Government decides tomorrow to deport all the Pakistan-Hating-Kashmiris from Pakistan - You won't hear a single protest from me !

A Kashmiri immigrant telling a settled Pashtun to get out of land that has been his for a millennia. And the biggest laugh, the said Kashmiri was liberated by the said Pashtuns!

What has this world come to? All Kashmiris back to Akhand-Kashmir! :lol:

How many of the Muhajireen from India 'hate' the country that they fought & died for ?

How many of the Muhajireen from Afghanistan give two hoots about the country that fed them, clothed them, provided ample opportunities for them & have always extended a friendly hand towards them since '48 with every attempt of ours rebuffed by their Government ?

Grow up - Grow out of your ludicrous notions of ethnic loyalty !

At any rate if historical narratives are anything to go by - KPK was part of Punjab before the British separated it from us so Get Off Our Land ! :P

Did you know that inside the armed forces, there is this little guideline (unwritten), to select as few Kashmiris (as officers) as possible? The logic given for it is that they are anti-state! :woot:

If the Government decides tomorrow to deport all the Pakistan-Hating-Kashmiris from Pakistan - You won't hear a single protest from me !

A Kashmiri immigrant telling a settled Pashtun to get out of land that has been his for a millennia. And the biggest laugh, the said Kashmiri was liberated by the said Pashtuns!

What has this world come to? All Kashmiris back to Akhand-Kashmir! :lol:

Settled Pashtun - Oiii Golda Meir key Phopppiii* ke Puttar - Immigrant kissss ko kehtaa haiii ? :pissed:

*Couldn't think up anything else warnaaa tou Aunty bhi Butt haiiin ! :kiss3:

Muhajreen sacrificed their property,money and their lives too .. They are loyal and patriotic to Pakistan .. :pakistan:

Comparing them with Afghans is totally unfair .. :disagree:

Can you claim same thing for the Afghan immigrants .. ?? :pop:

Back
Top Bottom