What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of the FC-1 / JF-17 for BAF

Avicenna

Reaction score
Country
United States
First off J-15 is a carrier borne fighter.

Secondly FC-1/JF-17 is bought by PAF , Myanmar, and Nigeria.

@Phoenix, do you have any pics of F-7BGI with sd-10 bvr missles mounted?

i think only Pakistan has the SD-10/PL-12 besides China.

Lets discuss the pro and cons of the FC-1/JF-17 for BAF.

Why should we get it?

Why should we not get it?

On the one hand, it is a cheap light weight multirole fighter (Block 2 onwards), has BVR and PGM capability, is not subject to sanctions. And is highly customizable. It is cheap for a 4th generation platform.

What are the downsides?

Last edited by a moderator:
j15 is carrier aircraft yeah i know but if they do modification it can be land based

j15 is carrier aircraft yeah i know but if they do modification it can be land based
No flanker variant can be sold by China.
JF-17 is not agile enough.
J-10 is the only aircraft can be sourced from China and meet requirement.

In that case,its most economical to get JF-17/FC-01 which has a similar performance to the Lockheed Martin F-16 since our pilots are trained for the J-7 platform.
The current J-7s are actually great birds for intercepting and operational conversion training as well ground attack roles.

J-15 is used by CHINA AND CHINA ONLY! How can Russia and Ukarine mass produce it? The Su-33 is a different bird.The Chinese corrected the design flaws ( using components from J-10 ) and made the bird perfect.Its an all round perfect birdie,but needs a lil more powwaaahhh on its engines.

Ships end up in their OWN territory,not others one like airplanes.

Kira.
Trust me jf-17 provides only minimal performance gain over mig 21. F16 and jf-17 isn't the same.
J15 is soviet tech.

f35 still has problems
15965527_1557045617661534_1175293568291711329_n.jpg

"Never judge a book by its cover"
Trust me,The Lockheed Martin F-35 "Thunder" is pretty much shit.The high stealth and VTOL capability are the only things stopping people from throwing it away.Even BAF F-7,Yak-130 and MiG-29s can get a high chance of winning against them in WWR because umm,lets say that maneuvering a F-35 "Thunder" is equivalent to maneuvering a A-10 "Thunderbolt" and the birdie is made for long range A2A combat,not WVR.

no one is producing fc1
Then where are Pakistani and Chinese FC-01/JF-17 are coming from?
Hint : These don't grow on trees or fall from the sky.

I know,but it can be an effective land based fighter too.

Secondly FC-1/JF-17 is bought by Pakistan, Myanmar, and Nigeria.

China is an operator too.
FC-01/JF-17 is a great bird at a very reasonable price.Too bad it fell on the hands of un-educated Myanmarnese pilots.

I don't think so,I'll check and inform you later.
I heard somewhere that we purchased a dozen or so of them.

PAF purchased the JF-17

Just like the USAF purchased the ( shitty ) F-35.

But I know what you mean.

"Procure" would be a more appropiate name,but you can use "purchase" for USAF because they bought it from Lockheed Partin,a private company.While Pakistan's JF-17 are made by Pakistan Aeronautical Center,a state owned institution and so you cannot use "purchase" in this case.

FOREIGN201408310948000446664857763.jpg

© Navy.81.cn
Yeah,and the latest variant of Shenyang J-15 "Flying Shark",with new AESA radar and electronic warfare capabilities,has equivalent strength and capabilities to the F/A-18.

No flanker variant can be sold China

You are right.But J-15 and J-16 are different aircraft developed indigneously.

Compare the maneuverability to F-35.

J-10 is the only aircraft can be sourced from China and meet requirements

j-10-firebird.jpg

Don't worry,theres a high chance to see the Chengdu J-10B/C under BAF colours soon.

soneone said su33 prototype was from ukraine not from russia so i am not sure

China bought an un-finished Su-33 prototype from a museum or some rusting ground in Ukarine.Ukarine does not own the Sukhoi Su-33 technology,so Ukarine does not have any rights over it.And since its a prototype model which was in another country,Russia does not have any rights to say against it.

These are all flanker variant and China had a long term stake with the Russians.

Russians may have some rights over J-16 ( since its developed from J-11 BS ),but the J-15 is developed from J-10 and a rusty unfinished prototype used as museum stuff from Ukarine.

And I dont think Ukraine gave China the permission to copy and export either.

As I said,the Su-33 technology does not belong to Ukarine either.They inherited a prototype,but now they sold it,they do not havy any right over it.

Trust me jf-17 provides only minimal performance gain over mig 21. F16 and jf-17 isn't the same.

Are you being sarcastic or you're just plainly high?

J15 is soviet tech.

Wrong.J-15 is developed from J-10 mainly and some aspects of a prototype belonging to Ukarine.Its like the Israelis developing IAI Kfir from Mirage ( they just copied Mirage's body and placed Israeli avoinics and everything else and independent over it ).The Chinese don't need Russian approval for exporting J-15.

Kira.

I think in terms of the capabilities BAF is seeking:

#1) Air defence of Bangladesh air space.

The first requires a light single engine fighter with BVR capability. Range is not an issue as Bangaldesh is small. FC-1 would be a good fit. Right now we have F-7 of various models. And the 8 Mig-29.

#2) Protection of Exclusive economic zone and support of BN.

This would likely require a twin engined long ranged aircraft as the EEZ extends out 200km. Perhaps this is the reason BAF is looking at the SU-30.
Sukhois have range long enough to cover Thailand. That's not the only reason why we are seeking heavy sqr

View attachment 368800
Trust me,The Lockheed Martin F-35 "Thunder" is pretty much shit.The high stealth and VTOL capability are the only things stopping people from throwing it away.Even BAF F-7,Yak-130 and MiG-29s can get a high chance of winning against them in WWR because umm,lets say that maneuvering a F-35 "Thunder" is equivalent to maneuvering a A-10 "Thunderbolt" and the birdie is made for long range A2A combat,not WVR.

FC-01/JF-17 is a great bird at a very reasonable price.Too bad it fell on the hands of un-educated Myanmarnese pilots.

"Procure" would be a more appropiate name,but you can use "purchase" for USAF because they bought it from Lockheed Partin,a private company.While Pakistan's JF-17 are made by Pakistan Aeronautical Center,a state owned institution and so you cannot use "purchase" in this case.

View attachment 368803
© Navy.81.cn
Yeah,and the latest variant of Shenyang J-15 "Flying Shark",with new AESA radar and electronic warfare capabilities,has equivalent strength and capabilities to the F/A-18.

View attachment 368806
Don't worry,theres a high chance to see the Chengdu J-10B/C under BAF colours soon.

China bought an un-finished Su-33 prototype from a museum or some rusting ground in Ukarine.Ukarine does not own the Sukhoi Su-33 technology,so Ukarine does not have any rights over it.And since its a prototype model which was in another country,Russia does not have any rights to say against it.

Russians may have some rights over J-16 ( since its developed from J-11 BS ),but the J-15 is developed from J-10 and a rusty unfinished prototype used as museum stuff from Ukarine.

As I said,the Su-33 technology does not belong to Ukarine either.They inherited a prototype,but now they sold it,they do not havy any right over it.

Wrong.J-15 is developed from J-10 mainly and some aspects of a prototype belonging to Ukarine.Its like the Israelis developing IAI Kfir from Mirage ( they just copied Mirage's body and placed Israeli avoinics and everything else and independent over it ).The Chinese don't need Russian approval for exporting J-15.

Kira.
It's called reverse engineering. No one needs approval to sell that.

View attachment 368800

View attachment 368803
© Navy.81.cn

View attachment 368806

Kira.
Jf-17 is based on a concept blueprint the soviets put up to replace a fighter of that class. Later the blueprints were sold to china. Even china doesn't use jf-17 because j-10 is a much potent bird. Which can actually be compared to f-16.

Jf-17 is based on a concept blueprint the soviets put up to replace a fighter of that class. Later the blueprints were sold to china.

JF-17/FC-01 has its roots in Pakistani Project Sabre II and Chinese Chengdu Super 7s.

Which can actually be compared to f-16.

J-10 is comparable to the Eurofighter Typhoon.

Sukhois have range long enough to cover Thailand. That's not the only reason why we are seeking heavy sqr

They are superbly overpowered jets for all round combat - starting from air to air dogfights to ground attacking to long range maritime strike role.

Kira.

Secondly FC-1/JF-17 is bought by Pakistan, Myanmar, and Nigeria.

Lets discuss the pro and cons of the FC-1/JF-17 for BAF.

Why should we get it?

Why should we not get it?

On the one hand, it is a cheap light weight multirole fighter (Block 2 onwards), has BVR and PGM capability, is not subject to sanctions. And is highly customizable. It is cheap for a 4th generation platform.

What are the downsides?
useless, Bangladesh cannot afford the political mess to buy jf-17 as it is associated with Pakistan

current govt whole legitimacy is based upon anti Pakistan sentiment

JF-17/FC-01 has its roots in Pakistani Project Sabre II and Chinese Chengdu Super 7s.

J-10 is comparable to the Eurofighter Typhoon.

They are superbly overpowered jets for all round combat - starting from air to air dogfights to ground attacking to long range maritime strike role.

Kira.
search for the roots of chendu super 7.
RIP eurofighter then... lmao

useless, Bangladesh cannot afford the political mess to buy jf-17 as it is associated with Pakistan

current govt whole legitimacy is based upon anti Pakistan sentiment

BD can simply buy from Chinese bypassing Pakistan altogether...... rose by another name and all that....

But all indicationpoints to Russian jets for the upcoming purchase of 8 aircrafts.

BD can simply buy from Chinese bypassing Pakistan altogether...... rose by another name and all that....

But all indicationpoints to Russian jets for the upcoming purchase of 8 aircrafts.
will not happen, wings/58% will still be manufactured in Pakistan and assembly will happen in Pakistan
CAC is a corporation in a business agreement with PAC
BD has other options from china like J-10, advance trainer fighters like L-15(not much inferior than thunder) but not the thunder

I agree BAF has options. Mig-29, Mig-35, Su-30, FC-1, J-10.

But what I mean to say is that what capability is BAF seeking.

I think the JF-17/FC-1 is a great solution to the cheap multirole 4th gen fighter requirement.

PAF is in a position of survival and I think it says something that ostensibly PAF has high confidence in the JF-17.

How much capability does BAF really need? I think FC-1 is enough.

No flanker variant can be sold by China.
J-10 is the only aircraft can be sourced from China and meet requirement.
J10b/c can do the job.
j-10b-kg600-ecm-jpg.368855

I agree BAF has options. Mig-29, Mig-35, Su-30, FC-1, J-10.

But what I mean to say is that what capability is BAF seeking.

I think the JF-17/FC-1 is a great solution to the cheap multirole 4th gen fighter requirement.

PAF is in a position of survival and I think it says something that ostensibly PAF has high confidence in the JF-17. J10 to replace J7 BG and Su30MK2 to replace Mig29. I think India will be very worried about BAF's potential ability enhancement ?

How much capability does BAF really need? I think FC-1 is enough.
Very few chance of JF17 goes to BAF, cause Myammar had ordered it. I think they will go for J10b/c and Su30MK2. When you consider a weapon, it must have the ability to overwhelm your potential rival.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom