What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of the FC-1 / JF-17 for BAF

I agree BAF has options. Mig-29, Mig-35, Su-30, FC-1, J-10.

But what I mean to say is that what capability is BAF seeking.

I think the JF-17/FC-1 is a great solution to the cheap multirole 4th gen fighter requirement.

PAF is in a position of survival and I think it says something that ostensibly PAF has high confidence in the JF-17.

How much capability does BAF really need? I think FC-1 is enough.
JF17 makes perfect sense for pakistan as the cost per plane for them are less than 15 million. Cost and numbers are the reason for Pakistan are going for thunder.

But for a foreign buyer like us will be asked to pay 25-30 million per plane including profit. We can buy better planes from better supplier foe 35-45 million.

First off topic, J-10C lineup is gorgeous in that photo.

Secondly,
J10b/c can do the job.
j-10b-kg600-ecm-jpg.368855

Very few chance of JF17 goes to BAF, cause Myammar had ordered it. I think they will go for J10b/c and Su30MK2. When you consider a weapon, it must have the ability to overwhelm your potential rival.

That J-10 lineup is gorgeous!

JF17 makes perfect sense for pakistan as the cost per plane for them are less than 15 million. Cost and numbers are the reason for Pakistan are going for thunder.

But for a foreign buyer like us will be asked to pay 25-30 million per plane including profit. We can buy better planes from better supplier foe 35-45 million.
India will make huge fuzz if BAF buys JF17, bro what is the price BD bought J7 BGI from China?

First off topic, J-10C lineup is gorgeous in that photo.

Secondly,

That J-10 lineup is gorgeous!
My favorite fighter in PLAAF arsenal, hope BAF will induct it in numbers. As a medium range fighter, it can provide more range and payload than for say J7BGI. Look at the KG600 ECM pod it carries under its intake, same configuration like those on F16BLK 50+.

I hope BAF gets J-10C. It would bring several new technologies. I have my doubts on what we can afford however.

first of all we discuss this already in the past
FC 1 if produced by china many including bd would have bought
jf17 Bd will not buy as BAL is in power , dont know abt future
Jf17 is good with the Blk3

LOL a whole long drawn discussion about grand total of 8 aircraft that will make no difference to the result of any conflict with either of BD's two neighbours.

They are just supposed to look pretty in the brochures and air displays for 1971 victory parades...just like the Mig-29s now which have the worst operating ratio anywhere in the region.

BD doesnt even have an ounce of C4I like say what a similar sized but developed airforce in NATO would have.

If you grow inside out (C4I focus first), some may take note...but its typical buy a handful of trinkets and whine to others to take you seriously (outside in).

15million$?Blk 2 cost above 25million$ for pakistan for export it will be higher
Blk 3 will be above 30mil$ a piece for PAF only.
for 45mil$ you will get a second hand F-16blk 30 or su-30's from russia.

I hope BAF gets J-10C. It would bring several new technologies. I have my doubts on what we can afford however.
Oh now a days we can afford almost anything. We already have $81 million of our money sitting in a Phillipine bank and yet we are very kool n calm! If we WANT to attach pride with our AF then our govt surely would not care if it costs $100 million extra. The only question If our govt Wants or not.

Last edited:
BD can simply buy from Chinese bypassing Pakistan altogether...... rose by another name and all that....

But all indicationpoints to Russian jets for the upcoming purchase of 8 aircrafts.
Even if u buy from chinese pakistan will still get 50% profit as deal is 50 50 for all profits on all deals in the project..

15million$?Blk 2 cost above 25million$ for pakistan for export it will be higher
Blk 3 will be above 30mil$ a piece for PAF only.
for 45mil$ you will get a second hand F-16blk 30 or su-30's from russia.
F 16 blk 30 will be inferior to jf 17 blck 3(aesa, irst, newer airframe, avianoics, eletronic suite)

Oh now a days we can afford almost anything. We already have $81 million of our money sitting in a Phillipine bank and yet we are very kool n calm! If we WANT to attach pride with our AF then our govt surely would not care if it costs $100 million extra. The only question If our govt Wants or not.
We have a 120 billion dollars in swiss banks lol, ur talking about 81 mil, those foriegn account money is a bitch to bring back and anyhow why do u people bother, if someone attacks u, u wont be able to defend ur self whatever ur airforce has period,

Even if u buy from chinese pakistan will still get 50% profit as deal is 50 50 for all profits on all deals in the project..

That's not a problem for me personally.... BDs national interest should comes first.... it is tragic that the current illegal government brings their toxic views in respect of defence purchase.

However my understanding is that BAF discounted JF17 after evaluation.... one can only assume it was done on technical merit and our requirements.

Back
Top Bottom