What's new

Advantages and disadvantages of knowing english for india?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it is the only lang which cnnects all the major languages from north to south and east to west and we wont have to rely on english which will make our own identity stronger and improve our internal economy!! and even help us feel independent,not colonial sh!t...:)

just like japanese or french are proud of their own language!!

This is correct on a theoretical basis. But practically this wont work. Sanskrit is embedded into the complex history of India, and has many complications. For one, the Tamil wont accept it/will never accept it. Second, Sanskrit is typically saw as holy language, used only by Brahmins, and lower caste people will boycott it. The upper caste will protest against the lower caste people learning it. Thirdly, the younger generation already thinks its uncool to use their mother tongue, so forget about Sanskrit, they are not even going touch it(these ungrateful rascals :angry:). Only grandpas will use Sanskrit in the end :azn:

indians go to USA because there is better, educational oppurtunities, better living, better roads, better food, and more clean than India.. Just like Indians go to Islamic nations for a better life...

China has all of what USA has plus they are becoming a new superpower so they dont have to worry...

LOL , why write "Islamic nations". Indians go to rich nations , and some of them , the GCC countries ( Saudi , Oman , Qatar , kuwait and UAE) happen to be rich and are muslim countries , which is why Indians go there. Indians hardly go to poor or average muslim countries like Pakistan , Bangladesh , egypt , islamic countries in africa etc etc

Japanese and Koreans' English is worse than the Chinese

english is not a classical langauge by any means, but the beauty of english lies in its simplicity i think english is the most easiet & simplest langauge to learn of all langauges in the world could be the one reason why it is so widely used.

english is not a classical langauge by any means, but the beauty of english lies in its simplicity i think english is the most easiet & simplest langauge to learn of all langauges in the world could be the one reason why it is so widely used.

no,it's because of British empire's expansion around the world in recent centuries.I think Chinese language is the most beautiful language in the world.

no,it's because of British empire's expansion around the world in recent centuries.I think Chinese language is the most beautiful language in the world.

i suppose you failed to read my post check again........

Nothing connects India like the English language. It is the accepted mode of communication between two Indians hailing from different ethnic/linguistic background.

I cannot speak for the world, but in India, English language is going to remain popular for a very very long time.

Nothing connects India like the English language. It is the accepted mode of communication between two Indians hailing from different ethnic/linguistic background.

I cannot speak for the world, but in India, English language is going to remain popular for a very very long time.

truely goes to show the inability of hindus to integrate india with indian langauge, atleast brits deserve a gracious thank for teaching indians english so the indians can communicate with other fellow indians, cant imagine how hard life in india would have been if there we no brits :)

truely goes to show the inability of hindus to integrate india with indian langauge, atleast brits deserve a gracious thank for teaching indians english so the indians can communicate with other fellow indians, cant imagine how hard life in india would have been if there we no brits :)

First of all--I am a Muslim.

It is true that India as it exists would never have been possible without the British. This single country has around 22 official languages and even more un-official ones. Not to mention the vast number of dialects , cultures, art forms and sub-cultures.

yes,Indian should thank Brits,they made the country India a country.

India has been united by various Empires many times before the Islamic invasions and at that time the language of science and religion was Sanskrit.

Even when it was not united there was a cultural unity.

start then thanking me for reminding me how brits integrated india :)

First of all--I am a Muslim.

It is true that India as it exists would never have been possible without the British. This single country has around 22 official languages and even more un-official ones. Not to mention the vast number of dialects , cultures, art forms and sub-cultures.

what does you being a muslim has to do with brits teaching english to indians ? i mean seriously ?

hold on i could be wrong probably muslims in india have their own langauge ?

start then thanking me for reminding me how brits integrated india :)

what does you being a muslim has to do with brits teaching english to indians ? i mean seriously ?

hold on i could be wrong probably muslims in india have their own langauge ?

You said " you Hindus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom