What's new

Activist Jibran Nasir urges govt to arrest admins of 'Pakistan Defence'

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all, i do hope these guys are safe. Their websites and pages have been deleted/taken over. I would like to see the authorities put them forward and charge them with laws they have violated.

^ I wish they recover dead or alive and I also wish whoever behind this abduction should be arrested and punish according the law and make them example of hard punishment so no one ever think about to take law in own hand.

The site (PDF) is not just a source of knowledge but also debate for all segments of Pakistani society aimed at fixing the problems of Pakistan as well as addressing the wrongs in our society. It attracts secularists and liberals like me and not once have I seen any sentiment from the admins or mods against my unorthodox views or the secular path I want for Pakistan. In fact in my early days I was a young overly patriotic and chauvinistic person. I was like @Areesh or @BATMAN in my approach to Indians and was once warned about picking fights with Indians (not banned). I kind of relaxed my stance but this proves the site is committed to providing an equal environment and respect to all regardless of their stance or views, or even their nationality.

Even Marvi Sirmid made a profile here. Also if this vile action was by our security forces they would first have shut of NF Paracha and Marvi Sirmid who have a much more anti army stance than others. These people I haven't heard much about.

Now I am not saying the admins don't have their own views. Some are conservative like Horus (I am not saying he is a bad person... I respect his patriotism) though I have noted webmaster to be more open minded as well as most of the mods. This is how the world works. Gibran should come to this site and debate with us. He cannot accuse anyone without proof particularly a worldwide forum with members, some members who might agree with him on things. This forum has presented a positive view of Pakistan for a decade.

Awesome Bro.

There were no violent messages by our Facebook admins. We support authorities picking up such activists who are involved in running of extremist social media pages, we regularly report and take down such pages. We expect the authorities to give such activists a due trial.

Which page were they running? Been trying to find out what objectionable things these chaps said. Who knows what private vendetta it may have been. Blaming the forum and its members for a "disappearance" seems absurd

really! it is a bit backwards, i though pdf was bunch of anti mullah's secular, i thought wrong.

who runs the pdf facebook page?
PDF FB is run by our resident extra pious admin !!

Jibran Nasir is one of the sane voices in Pakistan. I too would like to know who the **** is running Pakistan Defence facebook page.
one of our ADMIN .. guess who ?

All in all, i do hope these guys are safe. Their websites and pages have been deleted/taken over. I would like to see the authorities put them forward and charge them with laws they have violated.
habeas corpus can be used as per Pakistani Law for their whereabouts. isnt it ?

If you look at the sheer number of Hindu extremists and Hindu fanatics on this forum, I'm not surprised it rings alarm bells in some quarters.

So many of Hindu extremists on this forum openly call (and are allowed to call) death of Kashmiri people.
Seems for a mere 1.8% population Hindus of Pakistan have a very high no of extremists. very odd.

PDF fb page admins doing some cheerleading ?

@WebMaster

Under all circumstances, regardless of our differences of opinions/ideologies, "extralegal" abduction/detention of social media activists should be condemned .. Many people believe that IB (i.e. NS's Government), and not MI (Military Intelligence), is behind these abductions ... Or It may very well be the doing of some "private organization" ... An attempt to malign our security agencies ...

Very irresponsible behavior, indeed .....

Such libtards have to justify their existence.

So you believe that only the right-wing extremists like yourself have the right to exist ??

We should all work to make Pakistan a model Islamic country and a great world nation. We can create a positive impact on billions of people if we are able to play our part in making Pakistan as an example to emulate for other Muslim nations as well. But alas, we are still fighting useless issues and wasting our energies.

We understand and appreciate your utopian approach, but just one question, living in the US, what is (or possibly can be) your contribution to (or individual role in) the achievement of this goal ?

The story expands?

http://www.dawn.com/news/1307686/another-activist-missing

Another activist missing?

ISLAMABAD: Another activist, Civil Progressive Alliance Pakistan (CPAP) President Samar Abbas has reportedly gone missing from the federal capital.

Mr Abbas is an activist based in Karachi who belongs to various forums that have been raising their voice voicing against atrocities committed against minority groups in the country. He recently participated in the Clean Karachi campaign alongside the late Junaid Jamshed.

According to CPAP General Secretary Syed Talib Abbas, Samar Abbas travelled to Islamabad from Karachi on business, as he also ran an IT firm.

“He was continuously in touch with his family, but on Saturday (Jan 7), his mobile phone was switched off. The family has not heard from him since,” he said.

He said Samar, 40, is married and has two children; a boy and a girl. According to Talib Abbas, Samar’s family will lodge an FIR against his disappearance on today (Wednesday).

Published in Dawn, January 11th, 2017

@WebMaster

Under all circumstances, regardless of our differences of opinions/ideologies, "extralegal" abduction/detention of social media activists should be condemned .. Many people believe that IB (i.e. NS's Government), and not MI (Military Intelligence), is behind these abductions ... Or It may very well be the doing of some "private organization" ... An attempt to malign our security agencies ...

Very irresponsible behavior, indeed .....

It is the government of Pakistan that has created blasphemy laws and Cyber Crime laws. Why do we need such laws if they will not be enforced?

I personally don't want people to be arrested for post on social media. But there are many Pakistanis who would kill people for a post on social media.

Which page were they running? Been trying to find out what objectionable things these chaps said. Who knows what private vendetta it may have been. Blaming the forum and its members for a "disappearance" seems absurd

That was a publicity stunt by Jibran initiating false accusations.

^ I wish they recover dead or alive and I also wish whoever behind this abduction should be arrested and punish according the law and make them example of hard punishment so no one ever think about to take law in own hand.
I have zero sympathies with admins of bhensa who mocked creation of Pakistan

No. It is a matter of jurisdiction, and besides, freedom of expression applies to all shades of thought, all of them.
Not in Pakistan

We are with pdf its a great place and jn or alikes aside we will take any threats head on .. An idiot had posted silly remarks on pdf fb page .. so
So what its a public forum people can speak their mind off .. its free country

It is the government of Pakistan that has created blasphemy laws and Cyber Crime laws. Why do we need such laws if they will not be enforced?

I personally don't want people to be arrested for post on social media. But there are many Pakistanis who would kill people for a post on social media.

That was a publicity stunt by Jibran initiating false accusations.
Webby, I had no idea who these guys were or what was going on.
Just learned a lot literally few minutes ago.
I hope this piece of shit Salman is never found.
I just read one of hid tweets. so he is tweeting on 9/26 about the 2015 Hajj stampede
& says that " After several years , the facility of stampeded during Hajj is being provided-Biddu Anchor"
My best friend Asad Gilani died in that stampeded so I hope this haraam ka pilla gets his.
He may well be that character Bhaynsa.

What a noble stance on the face of it. Unfortunately, selective application of this principle of the Rule of Law renders it meaningless.

You have Such extremist views. There are laws in Pakistan, & our courts to decide. Nobody is above than law. Not anyone. Don't act as ISIS

They shud b presented in court on blasphemy charge.... but if they hve been picked by state there may b more to story than just blasphemy...

Having said that ... when sabeen mahmood was murdered ... every one blamed establishment.... but real story was very different...

We shud wait for outcome before making conclusions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom