What's new

ACM at rolling out ceremony of 100th JF17

See the panel where Pipe gets attached and the the light on the intake ? They can remove the panel and detach the pipe. Light is a dead giveaway that it is IFR capable jet

TNhjLvh.jpg

fb_img_1466336768349-jpg.311690

fb_img_1466338320245-jpg.311703

115323ap0zyx77cesswqs0.jpg
Sir As per pictures it shows clearly IFR not instant detachable thing, it is bolted requires many man hours in workshop to do it and in case it is detachable kindly let me know why? When IFR don't put big difference in aerodynamic and performance of the plane....? And requires hard work to attach and detach.
Sir it simply don't make any sense....

@Bilal Khan 777 @MastanKhan @Oscar

Nothing special with the uniform..
Coverall is mostly worn when the pilot is operational/posted at an airbase..though also worn by E,A&SD guys as well as airmen.
Blue uniform in worn on Monday.
Mess Kit on gatherings.
Camo(which chief and most people are wearing in the picture) on all other/normal days/posted in offices e.g AHQ

A lot of civilian engineers working with PAC..
Even civilians get to wear flightsuits. I worked as a junior flight test engineer and was given 2 sets of coveralls, one was dark blue and the other was olive green. The USMC aviation ground crew personnel also wear coveralls.

out of the 100 jf-17's made how many were made Chengdu and how many in pac?

oh and congrats, quiet and achievement indeed.

Sir As per pictures it shows clearly IFR not instant detachable thing, it is bolted requires many man hours in workshop to do it and in case it is detachable kindly let me know why? When IFR don't put big difference in aerodynamic and performance of the plane....? And requires hard work to attach and detach.
Sir it simply don't make any sense....

@Bilal Khan 777 @MastanKhan @Oscar

Hi,

It is supposedly bolt on---. Estimated time around 1/2 hour---.

I would rather have it attached full time---pilots get used to its presence---plus removing and installing it adds ANOTHER VARIABLE OF FAILURE of properly attaching the unit to the aircraft---.

So---overall---a very bad choice---.

Either have the APPENDAGE---or simply NOT have the APPENDAGE---no in between of WHEN NEEDED.

That is a BAD ENGINEERING CONCEPT.

Actually---I will bet that this is not an engineering concept---it came from the top---from a pilot---and not an engineer---.

I would be literally shocked out of my shoes if I found out that an engineer was behind this concept---not possible---.

Last edited:
out of the 100 jf-17's made how many were made Chengdu and how many in pac?

oh and congrats, quiet and achievement indeed.

Block 1 ~42
Block 2 50
Final assembly and flight testing

Rest at CAC small batch production 8 were made in China [emoji630]

Today ~52 -60% parts made at pac and rest at China [emoji630]

End of story

Block 1 ~42
Block 2 50
Final assembly and flight testing

Rest at CAC small batch production 8 were made in China [emoji630]

Today 52 % parts made at pac and rest at China [emoji630]

End of story
you dont get me, im not asking about the work share.
how many jf-17 rolled of the production line in china and how many rolled of the line in pakistan?

Congratulations to PAF &PAC and Salute to ACM Sohail Aman Shb Leadership to achive this mile stone 100 JFT to replaceing aging fleet amazing performance پاکستان زندہ باد

Normal/civil dress..a few civis can be seen in the picture windjammer posted,could be engineers.
But they are always under strict surveillance..an engr once posted a selfie in JFT cockpit at PAC and as a result lost his job.
Thanks for replying and providing information

Masha Allah Congratulations...

so as we know the Block III is not coming till 2019 are they planning to add more planes Block II in 2018?? also are block I are being upgraded to Block II???

There were news for additional Block-2 orders by PAF for 2018, will have to wait and see. But the assembly line will keep busy, could be spending 2018 for JF-17B production or export production and then there is up gradation of all Block-1s to Block-2 (expected to be already done). In Nov 2017 a Block-1 had been sent to china for overhaul evaluation, rest of the fleet likely to be done in Pakistan but according to the article Block-1 overhauls are expected 2020 onward.

http://pakchinanews.pk/first-jf-17-china-overhaul-can/

Hi,

It is supposedly bolt on---. Estimated time around 1/2 hour---.

I would rather have it attached full time---pilots get used to its presence---plus removing and installing it adds ANOTHER VARIABLE OF FAILURE of properly attaching the unit to the aircraft---.

So---overall---a very bad choice---.

Either have the APPENDAGE---or simply NOT have the APPENDAGE---no in between of WHEN NEEDED.

That is a BAD ENGINEERING CONCEPT.

Actually---I will bet that this is not an engineering concept---it came from the top---from a pilot---and not an engineer---.

I would be literally shocked out of my shoes if I found out that an engineer was behind this concept---not possible---.
Probably they followed the same principle of having an IFR probe like how it is installed on Rafales, Mirage 2000s and Hawk 200s.....installing a retractable IFR probe itself adds a lot of weight to the aircraft. And no, it was an engineering design....pilots do not have say in it as PAF test pilots do not have a solid engineering background.

Back
Top Bottom