What's new

Science fiction? Digital torchbearers at the opening ceremony of Hangzhou Asian Games

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Science fiction? Digital torchbearers at the opening ceremony of Hangzhou Asian Games

Taiwan TV: Fireworks in Hangzhou Asian games ceremony are all digital effects, no real fireworks involved. Glasses-free 3D is widely used in the performance.

Is the first video using the same Pepper's Ghost effect that was used to recreate dead Tupac in 2012? Or is it large clear OLED screens? You can see rectangular panels lighting up as the bright torch bearer moves across them

This is the Pepper's Ghost.

Last edited:
Is the first video using the same Pepper's Ghost effect that was used to recreate dead Tupac in 2012? You can see the rectangular clear films lighting up as the bright torch bearer moves across them

It's being used in many places, we surely know that, many Chinese shopping malls have them and many Chinese museums have them for teaching purposes, but very often not in very big scale, why?

It's being used in many places, we surely know that, many Chinese shopping malls have them and many Chinese museums have them for teaching purposes, but very often not in very big scale, why?
Why is scale a big deal. You can see in the first video they just lined up a bunch of screens together.

In this 2006 clip Madonna is shown seamlessly walking in front and in back of (very very cool BTW) a fully detailed color moving guitar playing effect to really confuse the crowd as to how it is done.
front.png

walking in front of the full color effect

back.png

walking in back of the full color effect

Last edited:
Why is scale a big deal. You can see in the first video they just lined up a bunch of screens together.

In this 2006 clip Madonna is shown seamlessly walking in front and in back of (very very cool BTW) a fully detailed color moving guitar playing effect to really confuse the crowd as to how it is done.
View attachment 955697
walking in front of the full color effect

View attachment 955698
walking in back of the full color effect
Did I say this Asian Games is the first time this technology being used? why made you so upset about this thread?

Did I say this Asian Games is the first time this technology being used? why made you so upset about this thread?

I just asked how it was done...why are you so triggered????

I take it you don't know exactly. I think it was transparent OLEDs. I know how the Madonna one was done in 2006...with a simple full stage Pepper's Ghost effect using 2 levels of detail (high and low) to confuse the observer.. Not OLED's.

Last edited:
I just asked how it was done...why are you so triggered????

I take it you don't know exactly. I think it was OLEDs. I know how the Madonna one was done in 2006...with a full stage Pepper's Ghost effect. Not OLED's.
I m not triggered , you are, every China positive news triggers you.

I m not triggered , you are, every China positive news triggers you.

You are hopeless. I think the reason is because you don't know how it was done so you are getting incredibly defensive. I will ask somebody more technically inclined and inquisitive. Geez...

Last edited:

The jaw-dropping opening ceremony of the Asian games 2023 in Hangzhou, China​

Back
Top Bottom