What's new

About joining army

DeathRuler150

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello. I have rounded shoulders. Is this a problem in joining army?

Hello. I just started gym. I will give my army test after 2 years. I am planning to do gym during this period too along with my college. Is it okay to be buffed up? because i would be by then. I mean i would be fit but a bit too muscular maybe too. just a thought. replies are appreciated!

No such issue if u clear the fitness test even that become as plus point .From which city you are?there are lots of threads regarding it u will get all help feel free to check including books.WIsh u good luck
Hello. I just started gym. I will give my army test after 2 years. I am planning to do gym during this period too along with my college. Is it okay to be buffed up? because i would be by then. I mean i would be fit but a bit too muscular maybe too. just a thought. replies are appreciated!

I can only provide an anecdotal explanation: any physical irregularities are considered by the army initial selection cadre as grounds for dismissal. As one of the NCOs said to us all after ordering us to turn our backs to one another, shut our eyes, and pull our pants down ,"Kissi kai 2 sey kam nahin honey chahiyein, aur 2 se zyada bhi nahin honey chahiyein." When I was in the ASRC for initial selection, I saw people getting kicked out for the usual stuff like having a high BMI or poor vision, but a lot of people were also held back from the testing and were required to get a medical no-objection letter for stuff like increased vascularity, acne, and problems caused by poor posture.
I would suggest you consult a medical professional to determine if your rounded shoulders are as a result of poor posture or because of some other underlying (and disqualifying) medical condition. If it is the former, please get to work on improving your posture. Best of luck.

I can only provide an anecdotal explanation: any physical irregularities are considered by the army initial selection cadre as grounds for dismissal. As one of the NCOs said to us all after ordering us to turn our backs to one another, shut our eyes, and pull our pants down ,"Kissi kai 2 sey kam nahin honey chahiyein, aur 2 se zyada bhi nahin honey chahiyein." When I was in the ASRC for initial selection, I saw people getting kicked out for the usual stuff like having a high BMI or poor vision, but a lot of people were also held back from the testing and were required to get a medical no-objection letter for stuff like increased vascularity, acne, and problems caused by poor posture.
I would suggest you consult a medical professional to determine if your rounded shoulders are as a result of poor posture or because of some other underlying (and disqualifying) medical condition. If it is the former, please get to work on improving your posture. Best of luck.
Thanks!

No such issue if u clear the fitness test even that become as plus point .From which city you are?there are lots of threads regarding it u will get all help feel free to check including books.WIsh u good luck
Alright. I am from Rawalpindi. Where to find those threads? Thanks for replying though!

Alright. I am from Rawalpindi. Where to find those threads? Thanks for replying though!
if you want to prepare for army level of fitness, try doing crossfit and/or HIIT training. if you will need training plans for that let me know i can guide you to it. it has alot more health benefits than just lifting weights

if you want to prepare for army level of fitness, try doing crossfit and/or HIIT training. if you will need training plans for that let me know i can guide you to it. it has alot more health benefits than just lifting weights
Yes please let me know more about this. It will be appreciated!

Yes please let me know more about this. It will be appreciated!

download the Nike Training Club app and look at their workouts. if you already have been active playing sports or working out then start with the medium level plans and work your way up. these workouts aren't very hard so you have to be working out with the harder workout plans to really be getting ready for Boot Camp. also check out neilarey.com or darebee.com i think its the same thing. this website has a lot of good plans and information abt meal planning and general stuff about workout. nutrition is very important when making progress in physical fitness

also running is important. if you can run with a weighted backpakc thats even better. I mean u dont have to start running with weights but make usre ure slowly progressing towards 1. increasing running speed 2. increasing distance 3. start carrying some weight to get ready.

if u push urself hard now, when ure in PMA you will have less pain to worry abt. you have to fall in love with pain of working out to endure PMA

Back
Top Bottom