What's new

When army reputation is low, is PMA selection continuing normally?

When army reputation is low, is PMA selection continuing normally? Has there been a fall in number of applications to PMA? Is Pakistani youth still interested in joining PMA? And how do families and others in the society look at candidates applying for PMA?
Higher than ever before.
It's like, even if you have 10 boyfriends I will anyway marry you cuz I love your father's money.

Army only requires few hundred cadets out of millions of unemployed youth twice a year. So no big issue for army.

Indian propaganda guerillas are having a field day, lol, attacking Pakistan army day in and day out, probing and looking for weaknesses to exploit. Sorry cow p!ss drinkers Pakistan army is too strong and disciplined to crack.
Yup that's what Lord Clive and all successive Lords to this day have said about sepoys, loyal and disciplined, will never rebel against the masters.

Not a valid measure. Its a country of millions of poor and unemployed young men. You will have a house full in every vacancy. Let alone army that comes with so many perks and social status.
As long as it pays, There will be lines outside. Police is so hated by general Public yet people go in droves to be recruited in Police.

I'm not sure of overall numbers, but I know for sure intake is dwindling. A few people who I knew were planning to apply have called it quits given the current situation.
Number of applicants rise and fall every year. It's an ongoing cycle.
The current image of military is all time low. But likewise Patwaris and Bhutwaris are their new fans. So they must be applying.
1990 I applied for CAE. The number of applicants was so low that without telling us they judged us for GDP also during ISSB. I got recommended for both branches. Then again at the 3 day residential medical tests at Masroor base, they judged us for both CAE and GDP.
Again got recommended for both branches, but never joined as I got admission somewhere else .
Back in the 90s the military image amongst public was very high. But number of applicants dwindled because new branches of career were coming up, such as MBA was new and so was computer science, and some others.
For those reasons, boys who would usually pass FSC and go straight to a military selection center, also went elsewhere to apply.

When army reputation is low, is PMA selection continuing normally? Has there been a fall in number of applications to PMA? Is Pakistani youth still interested in joining PMA? And how do families and others in the society look at candidates applying for PMA?
What would be better ? A govt job or private sector in current circumstances.

Army looks after its own, private sector usually doesn’t but offers the opportunity to quit and move abroad. Pros and cons.

Negative, recruitment is stable if not high, the probable cause being that the recruits apply with the perceived incentive that comes with being an army officer (plots, .etc. ). It’s a sad state!
Many years back, if a person working in a private job was smart enough, he could do the same also (buying property) after 30 years of working in a job, just like an army officer gets after same years of service. Heck, even a real estate agent could this or even better.

With the current circumstances, it’s gone difficult to be done through working in a private sector.

I do not beleive it.

Why will it be low?

No perks were slashed.
Perks have been slashed, not the same anymore.

There is no news of issues with the joining numbers. Remember it is a job opportunity for the youth where unemployed are high 20%+
Good point.

Job security post Covid.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Yesterday was army medical college test. There were thousands of kids came for the test.

Inappropriate Language
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom