What's new

Abdul Sattar Edhi Passes away

Nobel prize is permanently tainted because of Obama the Droner (way more than anyone, no matter how biased, can make a case for Malala).

Its better that Edhi never got it.

Anyways I don't think Edhi would appreciate (looking down from heaven) such comparisons or award claims in the first place....he never did anything with intent of recognition/attention. That just happened naturally by itself.

Still. Malala gets shot in the head, and then ditches Pakistan to get rich in the UK. Utterly appauling.

Also, whilst Obama shouldn't have gotten that prize, I don't think him droning countries is that bad. It helps take out bad guys.

I feel so devastated, so empty right now. It feels as if with Edhi sb, a chunk of our national soul also went into ground. A gaping hole remains in our deep selves which may remain there. Can a like of him come from our society again? Can we ever repay him for what he did for us? Can we be just a little less selfish just to honour him? Oh man, I feel so little when I think of Edhi sahab.... :(

Also, whilst Obama shouldn't have gotten that prize, I don't think him droning countries is that bad. It helps take out bad guys.

Nobel peace prize though.

The collateral deaths from drone strikes (even if you are going after who you think are baddies) cannot be ignored.

He set forth/continued policy where he knew innocents would die from his decision. That is a slap in the face for those that gave him the peace prize just for being black.....instead of waiting and seeing how his presidency would actually be.

You should watch the movie "Eye in the Sky" BTW, its about this topic somewhat. But I think we should end here out of respect for Edhi....we have sidetracked enough.

Passing of Sattar Edhi is indeed a great loss for humanity. May his soul rest in peace and may his generosity, humanity, self-less sacrifice and dreams live on...

........Edhi says he is unfussed by aggressive political parties or the mullahs’ claim that he is an atheist who will not be allowed into heaven.

“I will not go to paradise where these type of people go,” he smiles. “I will go to heaven where the poor and miserable people live.”

160708191421_edhi-14.gif

ایدھی اپنی ایمبولینس میں دن بھر شہر کا چکر لگاتے رہتے اور جب بھی کسی ضرورت مند یا زخمی شخص کو دیکھتے، اسے فوراً امدادی مرکز لے جاتے۔

ایدھی کے مطابق پہلی عوامی اپیل پر دو لاکھ چندہ اکٹھا ہوا۔ وہ کہتے تھے کہ ’یہ میری نیت نہیں تھی کہ میں کسی کے پاس جا کر مانگوں، بلکہ میں چاہتا تھا کہ قوم کو دینے والا بناؤں، پھر میں نے فٹ پاتھوں پر کھڑا رہ کر بھیک مانگی، تھوڑی ملی، لیکن ٹھیک ملی۔‘جلد ہی لوگ بقول شاعر لوگ آتے گئے اور کارواں\ن بنتا گیا۔

ایدھی مراکز کے علاوہ کراچی میں ایدھی ایمبولینس سروس اور بچوں اور ماؤں کے لیے پناہ گاہ بھی قائم کر لی گئی۔

مولوی بےدین کہتے ہیں تو کہنے دو
اپنے ایک انٹرویو میں انھوں نے کہا کہ ’میں نے کبھی کسی کی نہیں سنی، ہمیشہ اکیلا رہا۔ اب بچے اور بیوی ہیں، ورنہ پہلے کوئی نہیں تھا، سرمایہ دار، مذہبی طبقے نے اور سرمایہ دار نے سب نے میرا بائیکاٹ کیا۔‘

120303084741_unwanted_children640.jpg
Image copyrightBBC WORLD SERVICE
Image caption’مارو نہیں، جھولے میں ڈال دو‘
ایدھی کہا کرتے تھے کہ پیدا ہونے والے بچے کو ناجائز مت کہو۔ ’جو بچہ پیدا ہوا وہ آپ کا جائز بچہ ہے، ٹھیک ہے، مولوی مجھے بےدین کہتے ہیں، کہنے دو۔‘

ہر ایدھی سینٹر کے باہر ایک جھولا موجود ہوتا ہے۔ ایدھی صاحب اپنے پیغام میں کہا کرتے تھے: ’مارو نہیں، جھولے میں ڈال دو، میں کچھ نہیں کہوں گا۔ اپنے بچے کو کبھی بھی کوڑے میں مت پھینکو، قتل کرنا بند کرو، بچے کو ایدھی کے جھولے میں ڈال دو۔‘

اپنی دن بھر کی مصروفیات کے باوجود ایدھی ہوم میں پرورش پانے والے یتیم بچوں کے لیے عبدالستار ایدھی کچھ وقت ضرور نکالتے تھے۔ بچوں کے ساتھ ہنسی مذاق اور کھیل ان کا پسندیدہ مشغلہ تھا۔ اس ایدھی ہوم میں وہ ان بچوں کے نانا کہلاتے تھے۔

نوبیل انعام کی ضرورت نہیں
120725024905_edhi_home.jpg
Image copyrightBBC WORLD SERVICE
Image captionایدھی اولڈ ہوم میں ایک بےسہارا خاتون
ایدھی کو 20 سے زائد قومی و بین الاقوامی اعزازات ملے۔ انھیں پاکستان میں نشانِ امتیاز، لینن امن ایوارڈ اور پاکستان ہیومن رائٹس کی جانب سے ایوارڈ سمیت متعدد نجی اداروں کی جانب سے اعزازی ڈگریاں اور اعزازات سے نواز گیا۔

اس کے علاوہ گنیز ورلڈ ریکارڈز میں ان کا نام دنیا کی سب سے بڑی ایمبولینس سروس چلانے کے باعث شامل ہے۔

نوبیل امن ایوارڈ کے بارے میں جب ان سے پوچھا گیا تو انھوں نے ہمیشہ کہا کہ ’نوبیل انعام ملے تو ٹھیک ہے نہ ملے تو بھی ٹھیک ہے۔ اس قوم کے لوگوں نے مجھے اتنا کچھ دیا ہے کہ مجھے نوبیل انعام کی ضرورت نہیں ہے۔‘

کہان

‘Edhi was a living example of compassion’
  • NEW YORK: UN Secretary General Ban Ki moon Saturday expressed his “profound condolences” on the passing away of Abdul Sattar Edhi, saying he was “a living example of social justice, compassion and solidarity in action”.

“Through his humility and humanity, he changed countless people’s lives for good,” he said in a statement issued through his deputy spokesman Farhan Haq.

“I join with his immediate family and his larger family of Pakistan in mourning the loss of a legendary man of faith and an epic humanitarian,” the secretary general added.

One of Pakistan’s most celebrated humanitarian, Abdul Sattar Edhi died at the age of 88 on July 8 in Karachi. He was the founder of the country’s largest welfare organisation, Edhi Foundation.

Pakistan should put Edhi on a banknote or coin of some denomination. Anyone agree?

Nobel peace prize though.

The collateral deaths from drone strikes (even if you are going after who you think are baddies) cannot be ignored.

He set forth/continued policy where he knew innocents would die from his decision. That is a slap in the face for those that gave him the peace prize just for being black.....instead of waiting and seeing how his presidency would actually be.

You should watch the movie "Eye in the Sky" BTW, its about this topic somewhat. But I think we should end here out of respect for Edhi....we have sidetracked enough.

Collateral deaths for drone strikes have significantly decreased in recent years. Just look at the statistics, you would be surprised. In Pakistan, not a single civilian has died since 2014 where as many, MANY militants have.

As for Edhi, mad respect for that guy now that I know him. Seems like he was the light in the darkness that is Karachi (as awesome as Karachi looks, it looks just as equally f*cked up)

Collateral deaths for drone strikes have significantly decreased in recent years. Just look at the statistics, you would be surprised. In Pakistan, not a single civilian has died since 2014 where as many, MANY militants have.

Im talking about initially in Obama's presidency. Collateral damage was still there, in fact it was talked about in this forum and others with great fervour and distaste.

I just think it was silly of the Nobel organisation to give him a peace prize right off the bat without waiting to see if he would actually be deserving of it.

As for Edhi, mad respect for that guy now that I know him. Seems like he was the light in the darkness that is Karachi (as awesome as Karachi looks, it looks just as equally f*cked up)

Yup agreed.

Im talking about initially in Obama's presidency. Collateral damage was still there, in fact it was talked about in this forum and others with great fervour and distaste.

I just think it was silly of the Nobel organisation to give him a peace prize right off the bat without waiting to see if he would actually be deserving of it.

Yup agreed.

100% agree. You are by far the most intelligent person I have met here so far.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom