What's new

Aamir Khan On Intolerance Debate: ”My Wife Kiran Asked If We Should Leave India”

Problem is that India is too tolerant to be aggressive or war-mongering. No body is advocating Nazism or jingoism

And if showing or asking respect for country is war mongering so be it.

Dude i didnt quoted nor replied to your posts, so no question of twisting words.

Anyway I agree no government has right to dictate us what we eat, drink or watch, but we have all have rights to question the government but not to insult the country.
That note for others not for you... How come he insulted India... he just quoted his wife... are you sure there is no intolerance?

That note for others not for you... How come he insulted India... he just quoted his wife... are you sure there is no intolerance?

Is it country fault or society fault that there is intolerance...And how do you stop the intolerance ,by running from country

Is it country fault or society fault that there is intolerance...And how do you stop the intolerance ,by running from country

lolz first just go back search how the politicians make controversial statement... BJP politicians vowed to behead Karnataka CM if he eat beef in his place... during Dadri Lynching plenty of these morons said beef eaters deserve death sentence... these type of statements fuel blind supporter outrage... Regardless of party, everyone using their cards to blind people... Some idiots causing lot trouble... Some guys patrolled highways for cattle.... I would feel happy if they patrol like this to prevent crimes and rapes...

CUmFJmVUsAA-Da4.jpg

lolz first just go back search how the politicians make controversial statement... BJP politicians vowed to behead Karnataka CM if he eat beef in his place... during Dadri Lynching plenty of these morons said beef eaters deserve death sentence... these type of statements fuel blind supporter outrage... Regardless of party, everyone using their cards to blind people... Some idiots causing lot trouble... Some guys patrolled highways for cattle.... I would feel happy if they patrol like this to prevent crimes and rapes...

First understand difference between politicians and country, these idiotic politicians whom you are quoting are the one you and me have elected, if you have problem protest it, vote them out.

And its not only BJP leaders are bad, where do you think dadri had happened, who was responsible for law and order, what about Karnataka.All the politicians are stupid and selfish.

Problem is that India is too tolerant to be aggressive or war-mongering. No body is advocating Nazism or jingoism

let us not say "india"... i too live here as do sitaram yechuri, arvind kejriwal, arundhati roy, markandey katju, shahrukh or indeed aamir... let us say a significant populace either deliberately or naively tends towards the reactionary/criminal side, fascism and indeed war-mongering ( Our Army of 1.3 million is not to ‘preach peace’, Manohar Parrikar says ).

And if showing or asking respect for country is war mongering so be it.

then why does modi say other things in international forums and outside speeches?? :)

Last edited:
I don't wish to believe? That's how things work in countries that are on the top of Livability index.

FFS,The soldier is just doing his job and he's can't protect the integrity or neither freedom inside the borders!Armed forces know better than anyone the concept of nationhood hence they believe in principles like equality,duty for care and equal opportunity.

He said that in a interview!

interview
[in-ter-vyoo]

noun
1.a formal meeting in which one or more persons question, consult, or evaluate another person:
a job interview.
2.a meeting or conversation in which a writer or reporter asks questions of one or more persons from whom material is sought for a newspaper story, television broadcast, etc.
3.the report of such a conversation or meeting.

So basically that's Amir's take/understanding/his personal views on the whole issue.

PS:One of us is missing something?
I know what interview means but when you said in response to another post that no country is bigger than its citizens that's when I asked you when did he became the representative of all citizens and that he is bigger than the country.

let us not say "india"... i too live here as do sitaram yechuri, arvind kejriwal, arundhati roy, markandey katju, shahrukh or indeed aamir... let us say a significant populace either deliberately or naively tends towards the criminal side, fascism and indeed war-mongering.

Our Army of 1.3 million is not to ‘preach peace’, Manohar Parrikar says

then why does modi say other things in international forums?? :)

I suppose you have better suggestion, when next time armed robbers come to your house, you instead of fighting sit on satyagraha and let me know how well it goes :P

ladies are sensitive (if we exclude husbands).. he just responded to an interview, that his wife said so.... that not necessarily his opinion or her... she might have faced trouble... who knows...

he just quoted his wife.. how tolerant are the people, when they burn his posters and abuse him... and a governor told muslims to leave the country... did he protested anything... can't he express?? is that mean he is anti national...

He can protest as others can, why are you defending him then? Is that our protest is illegitimate and his legitimate?

nobody had a problem when people loved him, he is a celebrity things happen. He should know better what message he is sending out, cause he is not a common man.

When you don't know, how can you blame or her? If they are celebrities doesn't mean they don't face trouble... I just pointed out a situation, How a hero who is in film Industry for decades faced troubles to release his movie... Kamal publicly pointed out.. at least Amir didn't compare killing dalits = throwing stone on dog.... even advani expressed his opinion being Senior BJP leader, there is no outburst like this....

We have real problems in real life, no one pay attention like they are doing now... one of those problem are gender inequality, recently we conducted a rally and campaign on gender inequality... in AP atleast a new born girl being thrown into dustbin, canals.... last week 4 babies in just 2 days.. we invited all political parties to join, except a few volunteers none of these morons came... be it congi or bjp or TDP... if we conducted these campaign during election everyone will be there to beg votes... it's silly many guys here blindly insult everyone if they distanced with BJP.. and support whatever BJP or Rss leaders says or does...

I am not blaming, I am asking. If its important that we get to hear her perspective of moving out from India, we also need to hear why she thinks that.

They have a platform where they speak out and people get to hear it, why not the reasons? Cause they choose not to?

How convenient.

Last edited:
you are right about western europe, northern europe and usa, though in britain he wouldn't face so much trouble from the government ( unless he and his wife join a progressive group ) but i think he will be disappointed in the quality of most south asians there... canada, possibly... australia, unless he lives among the progressive syrians ( loyal to syrian government ), he will find the muslim community there not much different from the reasons he would be leaving india for.

as for muslim countries, you are right about the gulf... he and she could move to progressive muslim-majority societies like algeria, egypt ( they are big fans of bollywood ), west bank palestine, damascus ( despite the terrorism ), even tunisia... iran, he would have trouble with the language and the chador.

south africa, maybe... kenya, maybe not.

they could move to pakistan which is seeing a renewal of progressivism.

but the ideal thing is they stay in india and make a stand by joining a progressive movement.

Pakistan I agree on. .I am sure many would have suggested him to just that. .though he can forget his millions a year working for lolly wood.

Back
Top Bottom