What's new

A Sri Lankan national lynched in Sialkot by mob of terrorists for blasphemy

Hang these jahils publicly!

Time to crack down on every khawarij with a hard fist like Ali R.A. did!

Islam doesn’t teach what these jahils did. These jahils ruin the image of islam.
Proper Islamic education is needed in schools all over Pakistan which teach Quran and Hadith so we don’t have more jahils.
8349F42F-4355-45B7-A659-A86422D0574D.jpeg

you did, but your clarification isn't..... comfortable for most "modern" people. Ilmuddin murdered a blasphemer after the judicial system failed to punish the blasphemer. today, a mob murdered a (perceived) blasphemer before any judicial review.
you have a problem with the lack of judicial review part, most sane and civilized people, hopefully, have a problem with the murder for blasphemy part.
I think it's pretty clear that once you sanction murder for blasphemy, even by the state or glorify a vigilante acting after the state's deliberate lack of action, you've lost the moral high ground, and vigilantes going on a rampage over non-issues shouldn't then come as a surprise.
What you say is true, but if govt fails for court proceedings then people will take laws into their own hands. I mean what Udam Singh did was technically terrorism, but then govt failed to serve the justice. So it is a natural thing.

I also believe that ilm din hanging was right as he broke the law and then govt shd have banned his glorification marches/hoardings to maintain the govt writ.

Also, I believe that we must change our course/stance now especially when the world signed human rights bill at the UN. So , we mustn't allow; a mob to attack even a real blasphemer, police to encounter, public to beat a theif, etc

you did, but your clarification isn't..... comfortable for most "modern" people. Ilmuddin murdered a blasphemer after the judicial system failed to punish the blasphemer. today, a mob murdered a (perceived) blasphemer before any judicial review.
you have a problem with the lack of judicial review part, most sane and civilized people, hopefully, have a problem with the murder for blasphemy part.
I think it's pretty clear that once you sanction murder for blasphemy, even by the state or glorify a vigilante acting after the state's deliberate lack of action, you've lost the moral high ground, and vigilantes going on a rampage over non-issues shouldn't then come as a surprise.

I think the issue here is that the people committing this crime, know that they will get away with it. That impunity, along with the supposed or perceived anonymity within a mob, is what encourages and empowers such crimes and not the existence of the (blasphemy) law.

These jahils burned his body when the prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said:

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not punish with the punishment of Allah Almighty,” meaning fire.

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 1904

This is beyond shameful, these idiots should be sent to the gallows immediately. Sri Lanka was one of the only nations that stood by us in times of hardship and we failed them.
Surly you cannot blame the entire nation becuase of the actions of a deranged mob?
S

Abu Huraira reported: Sa’d ibn ‘Ubadah said, “O Messenger of Allah, if I find another man with my wife, should I leave him alone until I bring four witnesses?” The Prophet said yes. Sa’d said, “Never! By the one who sent you with the truth, if that happened to me I would quickly grab the sword!” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

اسْمَعُوا إِلَى مَا يَقُولُ سَيِّدُكُمْ إِنَّهُ لَغَيُورٌ وَأَنَا أَغْيَرُ مِنْهُ وَاللَّهُ أَغْيَرُ مِنِّي
Listen to what your leader says. Verily, he has a sense of honor, and I have a greater sense of honor than him, and Allah has a greater sense of honor than me.
Source: Sahih Muslim 1498, Grade: Sahih

And we have ‘defenders of hurmat e rasool’ going against the very Hadith of our prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)

I wasn't trying to imply that, it just shows how bad the Pakistan establishment has failed to contain religious extremism in our society. These "blasphemy" laws are nothing but trouble
Extremism has destroyed the country for 20 years. One of the worst massacers occured in Dec 2014 Peshawar school attack.
Pakistan is a nation that cannot learn from its past mistakes.

Abu Huraira reported: Sa’d ibn ‘Ubadah said, “O Messenger of Allah, if I find another man with my wife, should I leave him alone until I bring four witnesses?” The Prophet said yes. Sa’d said, “Never! By the one who sent you with the truth, if that happened to me I would quickly grab the sword!” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

And we have ‘defenders of hurmat e rasool’ going against the very Hadith of our prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)
What about the woman who threw garbage on him (SW), or the one who put thrones on the way, or Abdullah bin Ubai, whose son even wanted to kill him at one point!!
So many examples, but we are the nation who even kill sister on doubt of having an affair. "mulzim ko bad-chalni ka shubah tha "

Last edited:
Extremism has destroyed the country for 20 years. One of the worst massacers occured in Dec 2014 Peshawar school attack.
Pakistan is a nation that cannot learn from its past mistakes.
Yup, exactly. Pakistan as a nation had a lot of potential but the establishment did nothing with it but throw it into the gutter. I fear things will only get worse from here

That impunity, along with the supposed or perceived anonymity within a mob, is what encourages and empowers such crimes and not the existence of the (blasphemy) law.
anonymity can't be a factor, they proudly declare that they'e murdered the blasphemer, take selfies, and give interviews. they've no intention of hiding, in their minds the have no reason to hide when they haven't done anything wrong.
impunity might be a factor. the reward (the euphoria, the possible future glory) often outweighs the risks. even if they're hanged, they'll be content as millions celebrate them in the streets. there's moral support.

and the existence of the law is definitely a factor. why do they so vehemently oppose it's removal? it gives legitimacy to anyone who wants to feel like a vigilante, I think it's nearly as much a factor as the socio-religious sanction. the state is admitting moral ground to the vigilante. and of course it's used as a tool to harrass people. small local blasphemy cases might contribute to embolden people to feel justified in greater acts. giving any kind of legal legitimacy to even the most minor of blasphemy cases contributes to the larger hysteria of vigilante violence.

@Meengla @waz @_NOBODY_ @HRK @jamahir @JamD @StormBreaker @Inception-06
"agar log unhay galay lagan shuru kar dain, then what are we fighting"
"How can you de-radacalise a person and send him to radacalise society."

@blain2 @Foxtrot Alpha @SQ8
Also, Pak must compensate his family in terms of loss of livelihood at least.
A daunting question that has never been asked. "How can you de radicalize a person and send him in a radicalized society". If only we had some one like him during dictatorship era maybe he could have steered us from this mess. We won the battle but not the war. The old sunken red mosque molvi still threatens the state s police on camera yet no action was ever taken. Makes u wonder if this circus will ever end.

A daunting question that has never been asked. "How can you de radicalize a person and send him in a radicalized society". If only we had some one like him during dictatorship era maybe he could have steered us from this mess. We won the battle but not the war. The old sunken red mosque molvi still threatens the state s police on camera yet no action was ever taken. Makes u wonder if this circus will ever end.
The ISI and the establishment was always complicit.

It's not a pretty image of Pakistan, nor will it help to attract more FDI. Reminds me of the GOT episode with Cersei propping up the high sparrow, and what that led to.

Having said that, at the very least most Pakistani's (even in nationalist forums like these) seem to be outraged by it. At least most of you condemn it outright and acknowledge the problem you have in your country.

India on the other hand... When things like this happen (which tbh, happens quite a lot nowadays), there's a very aggressive, even militant whataboutism, even on a mainstream level. It's kinda worrying tbh

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom