What's new

A lesson for the world: This is how China builds a subway line nowadays

Of course, for any emergencies, just contact the staff office in every turnstile and they have a master code and they will open the turnstile for you.

Awesome, so there is no additional ID check at that point? Is that an appropriate system?

What did I just read on rat meals whilst fasting 🤮:hitwall:

No offense to anyone who does find it a delicacy.

Data stored in their system, they can pull it out when they want.

So the key information recorded is facial recognition, and not the phone as a transaction payment device. Interesting, to say the least.

So the key information recorded is facial recognition, and not the phone as a transaction payment device. Interesting, to say the least.
They are all integrated linking to one of your bank accounts, the data is the same however they are collected.

Great looking metro, for sure.

A question: What happens if someone gets into a station using their phone and boards a train, and then loses/drops/break their phone. How does one transfer and get out after completing their journey? Any backups available?
We were told that you're pretty much screwed, especially if you're a foreigner. In Shanghai, my colleague's screen got cracked and it wasn't working. The metro "police" gave us a hard time as none of us spoke Mandarin.

before anything

the world must learn the proper way to love Chairman Mao

We were told that you're pretty much screwed, especially if you're a foreigner. In Shanghai, my colleague's screen got cracked and it wasn't working. The metro "police" gave us a hard time as none of us spoke Mandarin.

Exactly. That shiny new system does not permit anonymous travel. Give me a rickety old system with freedom to be anonymous for my travels any time over such fancy stuff. But that is just me. :D

Screen got cracked? how? who are "metro police"?

Why none of these foreigners experienced what you said when taking the subway in China?

How? Phone screens can crack if they fall and stepped on by crowds leaving the train.

That was one experience just we went through where we faced difficulty as foreigners. Other than that, the subway system at Shanghai is superb.

And enough with the childish comments @beijingwalker , be serious in your questioning.

View attachment 915950

Old Kingdom of Nanyue included today's Vietnam and Chinese Guangdong and Guangxi provinces, later in the history, Vietnam became an country and Guangdong and Guangxi joined China, but they still share lots of things in common, food is one of them. I personally can't tell the difference between Vietamese and Cantonese, and In north China, for red meat we only eat lamb, beef and pork, nothing else.

There are many fake Chinese restaurants overseas opened by Vietnamese, and from a historical point of view, they cannot be completely called fake Chinese restaurants.

Exactly. That shiny new system does not permit anonymous travel. Give me a rickety old system with freedom to be anonymous for my travels any time over such fancy stuff. But that is just me. :D
Who told you people can not travel anooymous? you can still buy a ticket in the subway but most people just don't choose to due to inconvenience. Cash is not banned in China, it's just people don't choose to use it now, it has nothing to do with freedom or not, you just live in your own fantacy world. Actually in Xinjiang in winter time subway is even for free, no tickets are needed.

How? Phone screens can crack if they fall and stepped on by crowds leaving the train.

That was one experience just we went through where we faced difficulty as foreigners. Other than that, the subway system at Shanghai is superb.

And enough with the childish comments @beijingwalker , be serious in your questioning.
If you don't trust your phone, buy a ticket instead next time

8c49b16fb2fb4f23bcfe0e5e6a10d51f.png

Who told you people can not travel anooymous? you can still buy a ticket in the subway but most people just don't choose to due to inconvenience. Cash is not banned in China, it's just people don't choose to use it now, it has nothing to do with freedom or not, you just live in your own fantacy world. Actually in Xinjiang in winter time subway is even for free, no tickets are needed.

Of course. Of course. The Chinese people want to be monitored willingly. Of course. And the security cameras in pairs on the ceilings of all the railway carriages clearly visible in that video are only for decoration. Obviously, the Pope is Catholic, too. :D

Back
Top Bottom