What's new

63 Years On, India is Home to World's Biggest Population of Poor, Hungry, Illiterate

We know poverty is a problem but when the intention of thread can be read between the lines and we have restrictions to talk several things we are forced to react ' at least people dont get killed daily here '.

You read the intention between the lines -- and that intention was what? to spread lies?

Is it true or not? Is there anything in the lead article that you disagree with or that you can substantiate as a lie?

Then why get angry? It's as if one gets angry with a picture -- that's really what it is a picture in time and space - does it make sense to get angry?

^ Its pretty simple Muse.. At work I am pretty open to constructive criticism from my peers or supervisors as long as they have the capability of adding value or improvement to my work. However, accepting sermons about deficiencies of my work from another employee who is on the verge of getting sacked for bad performance is a little funny.

I am using the example on an overall management of the country and not specific parameters where in some of those many parameters, Pakistan is surely better off.

See, that's what I am referring to - instead of dealing with the problem in a forthright manner - you don't get killed in blasts, at least you say, that is to political violence is also something the Indian is innocent of --- See, it's this kind of attempt to not deal with the issue that people, in my opinion, are correct, to bust you on - and I think if you didn't need to pretend that the problems don't exist, you wouldn't feel that these are attempts to antogonize or belittle you.

We hear from Indian interlocutors about a identity crisis -- reading some of your posts I begin to understand that the "not India" has a mirror image "Not Pakistan" - both these are a disservice to discussion and debate.

Issues remain unexamined, no real understanding is arrived at, no one is enriched or better off than before they began reading - just becomes a waste - do think about that.

No Sir the discussions have been reduced to point scoring and with the gentleman in question Mr. Haq the thread starter - Pls have a look at the threads started by him.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/search.php?searchid=1874432

He is an expert on diverting all matters to India Vs Pakistan and trying to prove with his cherry pickings and number jugglary that Pakistan is better.

While most of the issues are common to the subcontinent, and to discuss elimination of these -we need a mindset free of bias. What really needs to be discussed is :

1. Reforms for Public Distribution Systems
2. Accoutability of the government and effective means to device a performance tracking system of scheme implementation
3. An approach to counter red tapism and corruption

It takes a thinking man to dwell over these matters - while it is easier to come up with statistical jugglary and score point with cheeky oneliners. You sir, as a part of PDF think tank should open and lead a discussion over such matters while we can leave bigots like Mr. Haq with the one liner hot shots. They deserve each other.

not again!Pakistani bros chill.....leave India's problem to Indians we don't worry about your problems of terrorism,poverty and all on this forum...you people should need to get the right conduct to have on internet...this is not Lahore this is world wide web!!!

He is an expert on diverting all matters to India Vs Pakistan and trying to prove with his cherry pickings and number jugglary that Pakistan is better

Indeed, so the only thing that disqualifies Mr. Haq's "musings" are that the numbers suggest that Pakistan is better - and of course we can't have that - even though given the absolutely incredible population numbers of India, (in relation to Pakistani population) it would be very rare that total numbers would be smaller than numbers in Pakistan??

What are you guys so hot about? Don't you understand this basic fact??

-we need a mindset free of bias.

Whose bias?

What really needs to be discussed is :

1. Reforms for Public Distribution Systems
2. Accoutability of the government and effective means to device a performance tracking system of scheme implementation
3. An approach to counter red tapism and corruption

Well discuss them, so far I haven't learnt a damn thing about this problem because instead of discussing the problem, we are discussing the intention of the author, the history of the author, etc. everything but the damn problem.

Once again, the numbers of Indian population are "incredibly" karge in comparison to the population of Pakistan - any comparison of the similar problem will reflect this reality - Saave? you understand? It's nothing to get angry about, it's just a fact.

Indeed, so the only thing that disqualifies Mr. Haq's "musings" are that the numbers suggest that Pakistan is better - and of course we can't have that - even though given the absolutely incredible population numbers of India, (in relation to Pakistani population) it would be very rare that total numbers would be smaller than numbers in Pakistan??

Nope. What disqualifies him is his statistical jugglary and cherry picking of data.

What are you guys so hot about? Don't you understand this basic fact??
We do but why not mention the numbers in percentage term to make a more level field.

Whose Bias?
That participants are involved in discussing the issues and not point scoring

Well discuss them, so far I haven't learnt a damn thing about this problem because instead of discussing the problem, we are discussing the intention of the author, the history of the author, etc. everything but the damn problem.

Good intentions are at least the seed to good actions
Once again, the numbers of Indian population are "incredibly" karge in comparison to the population of Pakistan - any comparison of the similar problem will reflect this reality - Saave? you understand? It's nothing to get angry about, it's just a fact
The concept of using percentge is not so alien and it can provide a level playing field.

Well use percentages -- what why hide the numbers? each is a life and more importantly each is the reason for the effort to bring down hunger, poverty --

Look we have a section of opinion whose substance is "not India" and it's becoming clearer to me that you guys have a mirror image, a "not Pakistan" section of opinon - - both these sectionsof opinion are loud, but they are relatively small.

I'm pretty sure most Pakistani readers, other than being in shock at the numbers, don''t a clue as to the dimension and details of the problem -- and I am becoming concerned that neither do any of you guys, so far we have had one even offer some topics to look at to get a handle on the issue.

We spoke of "praise whores" - a concept used in discussions of roles in corporations that generally have been relagated to "secretaries - the "praise whore" part is a charcaterization of the need to be praised for doing small things to make up for the feeling of powerlessness -- please, please don't be in that trap -- A problem is an opportunity to apply a solution, it's terribly exciting, purpose and meaning, comittment are all tied into it - seen in this light, problems are not a source of embarassment, but of excitment, an opportunity to learn, to apply solutions.

Anyway, that's my take on it and you may see things in a different light if you should want to.

please, please don't be in that trap -- A problem is an opportunity to apply a solution, it's terribly exciting, purpose and meaning, comittment are all tied into it - seen in this light, problems are not a source of embarassment, but of excitment, an opportunity to learn, to apply solutions.

True, A problem is an opportunity to apply a solution but I don't know what made you guys think no action is being taken by India? More over the real intent of the OP was to do a cheap comparison so lets not try twist the fact.

On GHI scale itself, Indians score improved from 32.5 in 1990 to 23.7 in 2008 where as Pakistan score improved from 25.3 in 1990 to 21.7 in 2008. So which one do you think has done a better job? After 1991 reforms we are seeing improvements in India and wait for another few years and you will see much bigger improvement.

I don't know what made you guys think no action is being taken by India?

What action is being taken?

Can you please explain?

Half full or half empty -- either way, it is a truth - Why Indians on this forum should be so defensive about the truth is beyond me.

They being defensive cause its a Pakistani forum , they only listen to Goray's !

They being defensive cause its a Pakistani forum , they only listen to Goray's !

What is this statement..?

Shall we both compare how much India and Pakistan listen to "Goras" ?? And who listens the most..?

What action is being taken?

Can you please explain?

Already many of the states are giving rice and wheat at lower price like 2-3 rs/kg to BPL families..these are some old news about it..

Article: Rice price of BPL families slashed IN Kerala. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy

Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation Limited, Government of Tamil Nadu

and also from October 1.5 crore people will be added to the benefit of subsidized food..

More poor people to get foodgrains from ration shops from October 2 - India - DNA

and also Food Security Act is coming in to force which promises assured quantity of foodgrains to BPL families.

Thank you - I guess I will do google before expecting some of you who have taken such offence to actually know what the nature and scope of the problem is .

Thank you - I guess I will do google before expecting some of you who have taken such offence to actually know what the nature and scope of the problem is .

sir i dont know if it meant against me..but trust me no offense has been take..its a sad reality in my country no matter how much we boast in false ego,it is not gonna change..government is taking corrective steps against it..and hope it will get its results..but we cant eradicate poverty in one day..it will take years..Hope Food Security Act is a good step towards it..

Back
Top Bottom