What's new

5 Largest Ethnic Groups in Pakistan

Seems like there are more than few Sheikh's on this forum. Although it has never meant anything to me and I usually avoid writing caste in my name but I also find nothing wrong in being proud of your heritage, if anybody wants to explicitly mention it, its entirely up to him

Like the Prophet said, you are no superior to black or white.... and I believe it is only the deeds that will be counted

Everyone knows Sheikhs read a great deal. Bookworms of Pakistan.

We seriously gotta do something bout these false-flaggers :disagree:

Metspalu2011PCA.png

I take the distance between each groups represents how near or far you are related to other races?

Interesting Surveys by PRC (2009)
http://www.pewglobal.org/2009/08/13/chapter-2-religion-law-and-society/

Most Say They Are Pakistanis First
Pakistan-2009-13.png

When asked whether they think of themselves primarily as Pakistani or as a member of their ethnic group, roughly nine-in-ten (89%) say they see themselves first as Pakistani.

Majorities among all four major ethnic groups analyzed say they think of themselves first as Pakistani. Close to all Punjabis (96%) – the nation’s largest group – say they see themselves first as Pakistanis, as do 92% each of those who identify themselves as Pashtuns or Muhajirs.

Sindhis are somewhat more likely than other ethnic groups to identify with their ethnicity. Just over half of Sindhi people (55%) say they see themselves as Pakistani first, while close to three-in-ten (28%) say they first identify as Sindhi; another 16% volunteer that they see themselves as both equally.

In terms of Pakistan’s regions, large majorities in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) (98%) and Punjab (96%) say they see themselves as Pakistanis first, rather than identify themselves first by their ethnic background. Ethnic identification is slightly more common in Baluchistan and Sindh. In Baluchistan, the southwestern territory with rugged terrain and sparse population, 32% say they identify themselves first by their ethnicity and 58% say they identify themselves first as Pakistanis. In Sindh, with its concentration of Sindhi people, 72% say they think of themselves first as Pakistani rather than by their ethnic background; 13% think of themselves first by their ethnic identification; and 10% volunteer that they think of themselves as both equally.

pYQkLUi.png

Last edited:

4: Shaikh Tribe
13,000,000 +
caeaaef62f4f473bbcaf262011f7ef32.png

'Sheikh' is an honorary Arabic title; common among lords, elders and Islamic scholars. Shaikh in South Asia however, is a tribe made up of 2 different groups. Islamic rule in South Asia attracted many technocrats, bureaucrats, soldiers, traders, scientists, architects, teachers, theologians and sufis who flocked from the rest of the Arab and Muslim world, to the Islamic Sultanate in South Asia and settled permanently; being among a higher status they were known as Shaikhs. The second group emerged after many high caste (Brahmins and Khatris) tribes converted to Islam and adopted the title to signify their status. Shaikhs today make up a significant portion of the Pakistani upper class and are often stereotyped as business acumen.

A person's race is determined by his Father's side of the family. By that standard, Alama Iqbal's race is Brahmin Hindu since his Paternal Grandparents and his Paternal Uncles and Aunts were Hindus. Only his Father converted to Islam and became Muslim. His Mother came from a Shaikh family. I am a great fan of Iqbal and love his Poetry. He was born in a Muslim household as both his parents were Muslims.

A person's race is determined by his Father's side of the family. By that standard, Alama Iqbal's race is Brahmin Hindu since his Paternal Grandparents and his Paternal Uncles and Aunts were Hindus. Only his Father converted to Islam and became Muslim. His Mother came from a Shaikh family. I am a great fan of Iqbal and love his Poetry. He was born in a Muslim household as both his parents were Muslims.
Brahmins and other high-caste Hindus who convert to Islam adopt the "Shaikh" surname; this was evident from his father's side.

Hahaha Rajput is an Indian Hindu caste, Pakistani Rajputs are likely fake except Sindhis as Sindh borders Rajasthan. Majority of Pakistanis including myself are Dalit lower caste converts.
You are wrong dear. If you read the history of janjua rajputs, they moved to current potohar (Katas) from mathura in india. Shall try to find a history back up for you. But we have a complete family line up written and it is handed over to next generation.

Sheikh is a title for converted Kashmir pandits

Interesting Surveys by PRC (2009)
http://www.pewglobal.org/2009/08/13/chapter-2-religion-law-and-society/

Most Say They Are Pakistanis First
Pakistan-2009-13.png

When asked whether they think of themselves primarily as Pakistani or as a member of their ethnic group, roughly nine-in-ten (89%) say they see themselves first as Pakistani.

Majorities among all four major ethnic groups analyzed say they think of themselves first as Pakistani. Close to all Punjabis (96%) – the nation’s largest group – say they see themselves first as Pakistanis, as do 92% each of those who identify themselves as Pashtuns or Muhajirs.

Sindhis are somewhat more likely than other ethnic groups to identify with their ethnicity. Just over half of Sindhi people (55%) say they see themselves as Pakistani first, while close to three-in-ten (28%) say they first identify as Sindhi; another 16% volunteer that they see themselves as both equally.

In terms of Pakistan’s regions, large majorities in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) (98%) and Punjab (96%) say they see themselves as Pakistanis first, rather than identify themselves first by their ethnic background. Ethnic identification is slightly more common in Baluchistan and Sindh. In Baluchistan, the southwestern territory with rugged terrain and sparse population, 32% say they identify themselves first by their ethnicity and 58% say they identify themselves first as Pakistanis. In Sindh, with its concentration of Sindhi people, 72% say they think of themselves first as Pakistani rather than by their ethnic background; 13% think of themselves first by their ethnic identification; and 10% volunteer that they think of themselves as both equally.

pYQkLUi.png

Only Punjabis all the way. The best ever ethnic & martial race ever.

Proud Punjabis are the most successful, prosperous, brave and rich in the whole subcontinent and central asian region in existence!!!

Has it ever occurred to you that Spirituality might be a thing? Those who converted became disciples of a Sufi Saint and were given the title Khawaja.

So you are saying people converted for a title? Really?

If I gave you a title, will you convert back to Hinduism?

Pakistanis should first decide who they are and why they converted.

On one hand you people claim that Pakistanis are lower caste Hindus who took Islam to get away from evil Hinduism while on the other hand claim that Pakistanis are racially superior Tall & fair skinned people and have nothing to do with short and black Hindus of India.

Don't you find ridiculous nature of these contradictory statements..

So you are saying people converted for a title? Really?

If I gave you a title, will you convert back to Hinduism?

Pakistanis should first decide who they are and why they converted.

On one hand you people claim that Pakistanis are lower caste Hindus who took Islam to get away from evil Hinduism while on the other hand claim that Pakistanis are racially superior Tall & fair skinned people and have nothing to do with short and black Hindus of India.

Don't you find ridiculous nature of these contradictory statements..
We are a mix of different people
Nope but a title was given after conversion

Nope we dont we love beef and right to divorce

We are the natives of this land and with a lot of folks with lineage from other regions we are the mythical Pandits that disappeared they went nowhere

A large portion of low caste hindus converted to Islam that is a fact and also hindus of all castes and even sikhs converted in large numbers all over punjab there are shrines of sufis who were born sikhs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom