What's new

5 Indian An-32 "MIA" in Ukraine

No way mate, the plane is nowhere near production today let alone its first test flight. As usual the Russians have royally screwed India, the earliest one can expect the MRTA in Indian service is 2020 but even that is a very optimistic estimate IMHO.

Its true that Ukrainian weapons industry is like a competitor to Russian weapons industry and the Ukraine civil war is about this only which is to acquire those production units.

Its true that Ukrainian weapons industry is like a competitor to Russian weapons industry and the Ukraine civil war is about this only which is to acquire those production units.
The MRTA mess has nothing to do with this war/conflict mate, even without it the same shambles would exist. One has got used to such situations where Russia is involved.

The MRTA mess has nothing to do with this war/conflict mate, even without it the same shambles would exist. One has got used to such situations where Russia is involved.

So you think that the situation is not the reason for all this ?

So you think that the situation is not the reason for all this ?
Not at all, the MRTA project has been going nowhere long before the Crimean crisis began, this is just typical of Russian-Indian defence deals really.

33wmgie.jpg
An 32 spotted :D

It's a very big deal there is no excuse for 5 large aircraft to vanish into thin air especially if they were paid to upgrade them . People always come first but i don't understand how the tragedy in Ukraine somehow is an excuse for 5 aircraft to vanish. I'm glad Ukraine does not have nukes.

I am sure it is a big deal with the Indian air force and India
But I really do not think Ukranians care about it
India's support for Russia does not help

At some point in the future they will settle things with the Indian government

I am sure it is a big deal with the Indian air force and India
But I really do not think Ukranians care about it
India's support for Russia does not help

At some point in the future they will settle things with the Indian government

It has nothing to do with Indo-Russian relations , as i`ve proved on 1st page , Antonov is quite capable to produce new An-148 for North Korea which means they still get their Russian parts.

Last batch of IAF An-32s were probably been used by Ukrainian AF because they lack their own transport capability , they already did same thing with modernized T-64s ordered by Congo and remaining BTR-4s from Iraqi order.

It has nothing to do with Indo-Russian relations , as i`ve proved on 1st page , Antonov is quite capable to produce new An-148 for North Korea which means they still get their Russian parts.

Last batch of IAF An-32s were probably been used by Ukrainian AF because they lack their own transport capability , they already did same thing with modernized T-64s ordered by Congo and remaining BTR-4s from Iraqi order.

talk about a piss poor country

Much Ado About Nothing!
11124712_913879568675494_5538183433803684637_n.jpg

10406779_913915492005235_6251624985833577147_n.jpg

11110184_913915505338567_6539919195967792468_n.jpg

11091385_913915508671900_7488193103677835810_n.jpg

11010005_913915495338568_6049772356451604943_n.jpg

EXCLUSIVE!!!

The five ''MISSING'' Indian Air Force An-32s spotted.

Clicked by our follower, Stott Babu at Kiev airport last week. The aircraft were parked in a workshop where the airframes are overhauled. Which makes us think, how pathetic media reporting legitimacy has come to?

~Nefel

Source:- Tejas-India's MRCA | Facebook

Ukrainian Interfax

Indian Air Force's upgraded An-32s have not disappeared - Antonov
13:07 01.04.2015

Antonov State Enterprise has said denied media reports alleging that five Indian Air Force An-32 aircraft which were being modernized as a part of Ukrainian-Indian military cooperation at the 410 Civil Aviation Plant in Ukraine have disappeared due to the ongoing conflict.

According to a received by Interfax-Ukraine on Tuesday, Antonov said that the allegations are untrue.

The state enterprise said that the executor of the contract, worth around $400 million, on the modernization of 105 An-32 light transport aircraft, which was signed in 2009 by the Indian Defense Ministry and Spectehnoexport, is 410 Civil Aviation Plant.

"Under the agreement, 40 aircraft are being modernized at 410 Civil Aviation Plant and 65 – in India, at a plant in Kanpur. At present, 35 aircraft has been finished and transferred to the Indian Air Force. The other five aircraft remain in the workshops of 410 Civil Aviation Plant," the company said.

410 Civil Aviation Plant, jointly with Antonov State Enterprise, is part of Antonov State Aviation Concern.

Recently, U.S. Defense News, referring to an official representative of Indian Air Force, reported that the conflict in Ukraine has stymied the upgrade of the An-32 aircraft. Retired Air Force Wing Commander Bhim Singh said that the last five of the An-32 aircraft being upgraded in Ukraine have become "untraceable," and the local upgrade of the remaining 64 An-32s has halted as Ukraine engineers departed and supplies stopped.

Press−service of ANTONOV Company, March 31, 2015

On 2009, a contract on modernization of 105 AN−32 light transport was concluded between Ministry of Defense of India and SpetsTechnoExport.

Till present, works on 35 aircraft were completed and they have been already sent to Indian Air Forces. Five aircraft now are in assembly shops of 410 Civil Aviation Plant, and ANTONOV Company didn’t accept and didn’t send these aircraft.

Thus, information about involvement of ANTONOV in the loss of five AN−32, distributed by mass media, is untrue.

Press−service of ANTONOV Company, March 31, 2015

On 2009, a contract on modernization of 105 AN−32 light transport was concluded between Ministry of Defense of India and SpetsTechnoExport.

Till present, works on 35 aircraft were completed and they have been already sent to Indian Air Forces. Five aircraft now are in assembly shops of 410 Civil Aviation Plant, and ANTONOV Company didn’t accept and didn’t send these aircraft.

Thus, information about involvement of ANTONOV in the loss of five AN−32, distributed by mass media, is untrue.
Still they are not saying when these remaining five will be returned to India....

Back
Top Bottom