What's new

Indian Air Force will acquire new made-in-India MTA cargo transport plane

I think a Private joint venture for developing a MTA with collaboration either Brazil's KC-390 vs Japan's Kawasaki C-2 will be very much on cards of GoI in line with C-295.

I think a Private joint venture for developing a MTA with collaboration either Brazil's KC-390 vs Japan's Kawasaki C-2 will be very much on cards of GoI in line with C-295.

But again ... how long will this take!?
If you look at past experience in similar tenders, then it takes already aeons to make a decision, then even more time to work out the deal, then a decision is made and soon thereafter legally questioned ... then a court decides and most often all starts again from point zero!
As such, purchasing a "ready" product might be an option ... to negotiate with a tender for local development and manufacturing will need much more time and an indigenous logal development is IMO plain impossible, at least if the IAF wants to get a type before 2074!

But again ... how long will this take!?
If you look at past experience in similar tenders, then it takes already aeons to make a decision, then even more time to work out the deal, then a decision is made and soon thereafter legally questioned ... then a court decides and most often all starts again from point zero!
As such, purchasing a "ready" product might be an option ... to negotiate with a tender for local development and manufacturing will need much more time and an indigenous logal development is IMO plain impossible, at least if the IAF wants to get a type before 2074!
Who knows TATA might produce KC-390 or Kawasaki C-2 - finger crossed :-)8-)

Just working with Embraer on the KC-390 is the better option - not just because of the similarities in performance requirements but the ability to have conversions to KC-390 types would give the IAF an even bigger refueling fleet. Couple that with adding refueling probes to the Chinooks and perhaps a purchase for of more SF focused Blackhawk types and a rather large prestige op to act on the repeated claims of Dawood being in Pakistan could be done.

They have just started the process. It would be great if it is inducted in next decade or so. Indian military procurement process is highly bureaucratic and archaic.
I wish it was half as efficient as Pakistan. I don’t have any love for them but it is a fact.
Lol! Kind of cheeky to say you don't have any love for us while on a Pakistani forum...

Sorry ... but how long will this development take?

This is a PSU project so I'm sure that it will definitely fly by the time your granchildren retire.

Just working with Embraer on the KC-390 is the better option - not just because of the similarities in performance requirements but the ability to have conversions to KC-390 types would give the IAF an even bigger refueling fleet. Couple that with adding refueling probes to the Chinooks and perhaps a purchase for of more SF focused Blackhawk types and a rather large prestige op to act on the repeated claims of Dawood being in Pakistan could be done.

saves us billions in the long term. Look at helos. 100s of them in service and indegenisation keeps increasing, even a fully Indian engine is ready. Billions of dollars saved plus all spent money remains in country.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom