What's new

5 Indian An-32 "MIA" in Ukraine

Prechko

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
The last five of 40 AN-32 aircraft being upgraded in Ukraine have become "untraceable," the official said, and the local upgrade of the remaining 64 AN-32s has halted as Ukraine engineers departed and supplies of spares stopped.

Ukraine Conflict Stalls Indian AF Upgrades

Meet the new "democratic" rulers in Kiev :rolleyes:

Ukraine Conflict Stalls Indian AF Upgrades

Meet the new "democratic" rulers in Kiev :rolleyes:
Well this is incredible (if true), I was aware there were issues upgraded this last batch of 5 to the RE standard because of the current Ukrainian/Russian crisis (the remaining 60 or so airframes are being upgraded in India anyway) but just what is going on here?

This news can't be as absurd as it sounds, surely? You can't just lose track of 5 planes and especially not those belonging to another nation.

Well this is incredible (if true), I was aware there were issues upgraded this last batch of 5 to the RE standard because of the current Ukrainian/Russian crisis (the remaining 60 or so airframes are being upgraded in India anyway) but just what is going on here?

This news can't be as absurd as it sounds, surely? You can't just lose track of 5 planes and especially not those belonging to another nation.

Judge yourself:

CBSva_QUYAAIcyV.jpg:large

They didn`t of course "loose" those planes , they were stolen and sold to some third party after so called revolution and pocketed between friends .

They didn`t of course "loose" those planes , they were stolen and sold to some third party after so called revolution and pocketed between friends .
Is that really plausible? I'm sorry but I have very little information on this whole Ukrainian/Russian/Crimean affair, you seem to be well informed on the matter, do share some insight.

This is truly unbelievable news IF true, you can't just sell off planes belonging to someone else like that and I'd have thought this would have been huge news in India if it were true. The Govt of India would certainly be taking this up with the Govt of Ukraine of 5 of their planes had gone missing.

+ @Prechko where did you get that quote from mate?

Mind you , Russia is still cooperating with Antonov , Russia produces An-148 in Voronezh factory with some 30% of Ukrainian parts , they would not do anything against this business deal cause India is big buyer of Russian tech. After all 35 planes were shipped to India without any issue.

Mind you , Russia is still cooperating with Antonov , Russia produces An-148 in Voronezh factory with some 30% of Ukrainian parts , they would not do anything against this business deal cause India is big buyer of Russian tech. After all 35 planes were shipped to India without any issue.
The majority of those 35 were transported to India before the hostilities broke out between the two sides.

Antonov told India they were unable to take part in their Avro replacement competition because of the conflict.

I
+ @Prechko where did you get that quote from mate?

From the link i posted , my source is Yury Barmin (@yurybarmin) | Twitter , Russian journo.

The majority of those 35 were transported to India before the hostilities broke out between the two sides.

Antonov told India they were unable to take part in their Avro replacement competition because of the conflict.

It`s a BS , then how come KB Antonov still produces An-148 in their Kiev factory , for instance this are fresh for North Korea from february:

bmpd - Второй Ан-148 для КНДР в воздухе

Kiev built An-148 still has a lot of Russian parts , so it means they are still in business with them.

I still don't get, if this was true, how Antonov think they could get away with this, these planes belong to the IAF, do they really think they wouldn't ask what happened to their aircraft??

Ukraine is unfortunately run by unscrupulous crooks.

Ukraine is unfortunately run by unscrupulous crooks.
IF this news is true and that is the reason there will be huge repercussions for Ukrainian-Indian (defence) ties. The AN-32 upgrade deal with Ukraine had been Ukraine's largest ever defence deal and India is Ukrainian's largest defend customer, this most certainly would be over.

Let's wait for something more official than one tweet and a report in defenseworld.com before getting overly dramatic though.

democracy has nothing to do with it.

Good Bad News: 100 APCs for Ukraine

it's the companies fault. they need new management and investment.

U.S should be interested to acquire some of their tech.

By your response i can see you`re American even without flags.

People from Europe , at least part that was under communism will understand "democracy" part.

Ukraine DI doesn`t exactly have management problem , they know their job , the reason why BTR-4 contract with Iraq failed is because they don`t have industrial capacity anymore to produce 420 vehicles in necessary time and quality according to signed contract. They were trying to respect deadlines by sacrificing quality of produced vehicles.

By your response i can see you`re American even without flags.

People from Europe , at least part that was under communism will understand "democracy" part.

Ukraine DI doesn`t exactly have management problem , they know their job , the reason why BTR-4 contract with Iraq failed is because they don`t have industrial capacity anymore to produce 420 vehicles in necessary time and quality according to signed contract. They were trying to respect deadlines by sacrificing quality of produced vehicles.

Ukraine will improve with time. they will bounce back.

like I said they need investment and expertise from the West.

not like everything was rosy when they was Russian pawns

Contradicts what the defence minister of India said in parliament just a few days back:

The defence minister has said that officials are working on getting the aircraft back from the crisis-torn nation and that he is hopeful that things would be sorted out shortly.

Last batch of IAF's AN 32 planes still stuck in Ukraine due to conflict

IF true (the planes are untraceable/stolen/lost) the political ramifications for the Defence Minister and his party will be huge.

Back
Top Bottom