What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

Do ANY of these "high literacy" Muslim countries have ANY technological abilities that are at the top in ANY modern scientific field? No? What good is this "literacy"?
There you go. So now literacy is not enough, you want technological superiority. These high literacy countries are not superior to the west but they're not behind either. You are seriously stupid if you think that the only point of literacy is technological advancements.

Also, Countries like Turkey, UAE and Indonesia do seem to be moving up rapidly in this field. But of course, it's just the non-Muslims in these countries that are behind this, Muslims can never do anything good, It's not like they invented Algebra, Modern Medicine or Ophthalmology or anything, right?
Muslims had their Golden Ages. Right now it's the West's turn. Again, absolutely nothing to do with Islam, just the way the world works. The superpowers that lead in military and global diplomacy will naturally lead in stuff like technology too.

The point you are trying to make, that Islam somehow opposes science or education, is false. It has been proven false by the facts that Muslims produced some very, very important scientists when Islam was at it's peak and that there are many, many Muslim countries that are perfectly modern and literate.

Individual choice prob more to do with cultural mindset...If you understand Hindi/ Urdu you can probably relate to this:
Mayri maa ko gali di....Usko kaat daloun ga
Mayri behn ko ankh utha ker dekha ankhain nikal doun ga
Mujh pay haath uthanay ki jurat kaysay ki...
All are sayings of south Asian people irrespective of religion....I would link it to cultural mindset of becoming overly emotionally attached....
If you go that far for the above in Islam we say ALLAH loves you more than your mom so if you go that crazy if someone says crap about your mom, same people will go overboard when same is done to anything linked with Islam...Same goes with the other side of the coin..
Have you not seen enough PDF trolls literally lying through their teeth just to score a point and have the upper hand in a debate even if it is a lie ?? Its nothing ANY religion thought anyone...Its a habit of man and is culturally promoted by allowing such a mindset to exist!
i was just favoring individualism :ashamed:
and how are these social attachments different from idolatry?

Detach yourself from your mom, family, home, land...
well, i like this one - if it's possible world would be at much peace.

There you go. So now literacy is not enough, you want technological superiority. These high literacy countries are not superior to the west but they're not behind either. You are seriously stupid if you think that the only point of literacy is technological advancements.

Also, Countries like Turkey, UAE and Indonesia do seem to be moving up rapidly in this field. But of course, it's just the non-Muslims in these countries that are behind this, Muslims can never do anything good, It's not like they invented Algebra, Modern Medicine or Ophthalmology or anything, right?
Muslims had their Golden Ages. Right now it's the West's turn. Again, absolutely nothing to do with Islam, just the way the world works. The superpowers that lead in military and global diplomacy will naturally lead in stuff like technology too.

The point you are trying to make, that Islam somehow opposes science or education, is false. It has been proven false by the facts that Muslims produced some very, very important scientists when Islam was at it's peak and that there are many, many Muslim countries that are perfectly modern and literate.

Again, Islam is only what Muslims do. What they did hundreds of years ago was great. What they are doing now is horrible, illiterate, ignorant and technologically backward. And all their OWN fault.

How do you define "Merciful" ?
In the UK, they have on the Royal crest a Lion to represent Justice and a Unicorn to represent mercy. the two are separated by the crown, as they can never come together.
Mercy, in this sense is the power of TOTAL forgiveness, without condoning what has been done - it is as difficult for a human to grasp as the idea of infinity. Einstein believe THAT was beyond the average mind....

From the above list, lesson for Pakistan:

Pakistan needs some 50 years of hardcore communist rule that practically bans Islam
or
Pakistan needs a strong military dictatorship like Turkey for 50 years, that practically almost bans Islam.
or
Pakistan needs to find huge oil reserves + reduce the population by 90%

Indonesians were only namesake muslims, hardly practicing Islam, and following Hindu/Native culture, not applicable to Pakistan.
And how is this relevant to the topic? Trying real hard to start and India-Pakistan pissing contest, aren't you? Get a life.
And Indonesians are not 'practicing Islam'? Oh really? Well the UN and the Indonesians themselves say they practice Islam, I'm sure they're way more credible than you.

And Turkey never had a rule that 'bans Islam', they simply separated religion from the state.

For God's sake, get a life and an education.

And how is this relevant to the topic? Trying real hard to start and India-Pakistan pissing contest, aren't you? Get a life.
And Indonesians are not 'practicing Islam'? Oh really? Well the UN and the Indonesians themselves say they practice Islam, I'm sure they're way more credible than you.

And Turkey never had a rule that 'bans Islam', they simply separated religion from the state.

For God's sake, get a life and an education.

So when Indonesians say they are practicing Islam, we are supposed to believe them, but when ISIS say they are practicing Islam, we are not? Eh?

Again, Islam is only what Muslims do.
Wrong. Islam is a religion, Muslims are people. What they do is not always what Islam says. Do you think that EVERYTHING Muslims do is Islam? Seriously?

What they did hundreds of years ago was great. What they are doing now is horrible, illiterate, ignorant and technologically backward. And all their OWN fault.
What some people are doing today is wrong. End of story. The fact that Muslims did great things hundreds of years ago, when Islam was at its absolute peak, proves that Islam is not wrong. Some people are wrong, Islam is not wrong.

social attachments different from idolatry?
How are they similar?

well, i like this one - if it's possible world would be at much peace.
Good luck trying to detach the creation from its creator! :tup:

So when Indonesians say they are practicing Islam, we are supposed to believe them, but when ISIS say they are practicing Islam, we are not? Eh?
Is it even the same...even my 10 year old niece can tell me there is something different between the 2!

It's quite easy to make that distinction. Islam promotes good. What ISIS is doing is the opposite of good. Thus, ISIS are contradicting Islam, meaning they are contradicting themselves. They can not be practicing Islam while clearly and openly disobeying it.
Indonesians, on the other hand, do not do any of that.

If you don't believe me, go and look somewhere else (there are countless threads on this very forum), I will not waste my time posting the countless Quranic verses and Islamic texts and proof that ISIS are clearly contradicting them, only for you to come up with some fallacious argument and dismiss all of that.

It's quite easy to make that distinction. Islam promotes good. What ISIS is doing is the opposite of good. Thus, ISIS are contradicting Islam, meaning they are contradicting themselves. They can not be practicing Islam while clearly and openly disobeying it.
Indonesians, on the other hand, do not do any of that.

If you don't believe me, go and look somewhere else (there are countless threads on this very forum), I will not waste my time posting the countless Quranic verses and Islamic texts and proof that ISIS are clearly contradicting them, only for you to come up with some fallacious argument and dismiss all of that.

I see. By that logic, all that is good is Islam, and all that is bad is not Islam, therefore the West is more Islamic than the Muslim countries. Makes sense! :D

well , I am not a expert on Islamic studies , But I would like to express my views as people like me view it from outside. History of Sikhism is full assault by Islamic rulers and preachers .....which are hard to forget .......it has kinda made a image of Islam that it is very violent and intolerant religion ...........and MEDIA has nothing to do with . SO saying Media is spreading hatred is not true . Image of Islam has to be change , if progress has to be made.

I dont think anyone has seen a new Punjabi movie recently released worldwide (except muslim countries for obvious reason stated above) ........its a movie based on life of sons of Last living Sikh Guru ....two were buried alive in the wall while their grand mother was forced to watch (aged around 7 and 9 )..... elder two were killed in a battle ........

Now where Media comes here??? no where..........its part of some cultures , their history .........and Image just kept on getting negative and negative ......and Islamic preachers and leaders just didnt do anything important to correct that Image

Pakistan needs some 50 years of hardcore communist rule that practically bans Islam

This Bold part shows how much love do you guys have for islam and Muslims. Anyway! By your logic, India also needs to put a ban on Hinduism in order to free india from open defecation, hunger and growing raape problem

Pakistan needs a strong military dictatorship like Turkey for 50 years, that practically almost bans Islam.
You are trying to say that islam is the sole factor which has brought our literacy rate down? Sorry to say mate but You are filled with hatred against islam from top to toe
Irans literacy rate is similar to turkey! Iran has been more ISLAMIC then we are, they have sharia law in their country. Their women wears hijab. But you guys don't spare a chance to bash islam, as it has penetrated into the DNA.

Pakistan needs to find huge oil reserves + reduce the population by 90%
Think about your own country mate! 70% of your population is living beyond poverty level and 600 million of your country men lacks the access to toilets. You guys should need to take immediate steps to reduce pop by 90%.

Indonesians were only namesake muslims, hardly practicing Islam, and following Hindu/Native culture, not applicable to Pakistan.

Lol! Who told you that they are following hindu culture? my dear friend their women wears hijab. And They are also following the Islamic way of punishments in their country! They are not following hindu culture!

Back
Top Bottom