What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

Thank you for the 1st part of your sentence
.But the people like ISIS and Al Queda and majority section of people see them as saviour although they tell something different outside to media...

Then read the "detailed letter" to the head of ISIS which was signed by people of knowledge in the field also known as scholars...not 1 or 2 but 100+ signed it! If that doesnt speak volumes nothing will!!!

.In the Islamic world, only radical people are recognized and followed...
In India maybe but it is not true in the rest of the world

How many people follow the moderate and intellectual class in Pakistan or in general Islamic nations?..
Out of the millions of followers, the greater than 3/4 who dont come on tv do!

The issue is liberal people always takes execuse to defend Islamist and radical people by presenting them to the front of criticism but on other side of the coin, they do not have the control or capacity to motivate any thing within their society....
That is the problem with liberals...heck they even stop posting excuses which is great coz their excuses were not even logical...

I never said it wasn't our fault. I was just saying it's more complex than blaming it solely on religion.

It is all our own fault, and we are (nearly) all Muslims in Pakistan. Islam is only what we all do, not what we claim.

It is all our own fault, and we are (nearly) all Muslims in Pakistan. Islam is only what we all do, not what we claim.
I don’t believe as you might think that the West's action in the Muslim world are down to their hatred of Islam/Muslims (They could careless). It’s more down to power and money and controlling some of the most strategically important region in the world. Which has led to some of the violence we see today.

And the apologists will remain in denial too.

Islam is what is followers DO, not what they claim.

There is no way to say it better. The biggest issue is that apologists continue to apologize to the west and instead of taking action against these elements themselves.. wait for the United States and her allies to do so after which they start decrying about civilian casualties because they themselves could not be bothered to say anything to these barbarians parading under the name of Islam.

everyone has to part of some religious group?
Nope

How do you define muslim?
From the Quran and Sunnah

Is he an individual or part of a global islamic ummah?
Both, starts with the individual before he goes to Ummah level

what if i follow a book that is exact copy of quran but i don't call myself muslim.
According to "ARABIC" you are a Muslim as you are "practicing" Islm...But you might not be a Muslim in the sense you didnt convert but if you practice Islm (slam, peace - root word of Islam) you are a Muslim....That is linguistics

But as a religion to be a Muslim you dont just say with your tongue but you accept with your heart (literally means to do in terms of actions coz if you accept with your heart you will practice it or show it in some form)

Is your symbolic association with your religion exceeds the philosophical association?
Yes...For us Islam is a way of life not just a formula in a book you recite
Nor a set of rules you abide
But it is a belief and it wraps and becomes a part of your life...It is a way of life...a code of law and also spiritual upliftment...

Basically it is complete

For those back in those days they liked poetry so verses are nice and have a good wring to it and have good analogy (poetry and art)

For the scientists there are subtle "signs" to understand

For the human as a whole there are verses to make one humble as a human before anything else

For the ease of mind, there are verses to heal the broken heart, promises to make one happy and also words of soothing

And many more...

Religion is the biggest opium for the people which keeps them out of their senses for lifetimes..

Yes...For us Islam is a way of life not just a formula in a book you recite
Nor a set of rules you abide
But it is a belief and it wraps and becomes a part of your life...It is a way of life...a code of law and also spiritual upliftment...
i know it's a way of life but what about identities that muslims associate themselves with - "islam", "quran", "muhammad" and these identities are so entwined within in some muslims so deep that they are ready to die for it. My point is that this effects the mindset of muslims and leads to rise in the extremist and intolerant attitude and more the muslims defend their religion, more covert support it gives to the extremists. Just follow your religion the way of life as you say so but you don't need to associate yourselves with these symbolic identities.

Islam is a code of life not a living individual...
Worth to be written in Golden Ink.....
All of our ...Ibadaat's , Ceremonies, Religious Congregation and Politics have UNANIMITY .....Individual good doings have far less value (70 times lesser in value) .......correct me if iam wrong...

Last edited:
You are so silly because those rules that you pin on Islam are present in Bible and Tora, Allah's massage has been consistant but you choose pining it on Islam for lack of respect about Prophet P.B.U.H.Ibrahim's religion.

You should read first before jumping in all defensive. You don't find Christians and Jews going around chopping off an arm of a thief or stoning or lashing an adulterer in modern times now do you ? Fair enough, the Quran does advocate a strong message of righteousness. Nobody has an issue with that. Shouldn't Muslims of the 21st century however adapt the messages of the Quran to the 21st century or will Islam splinter further into different groups like Christianity did? That is my question

Spot on!

Do you know why? Coz they left their religion in the church, mosque, temples or in their homes....hence they can only equate Islam to what they themselves have done....They judge Islam based on what can be preformed at home...

You do know educated Muslims only bother about themselves and perfect their practise and wont be online trying to "pretend" to be part of the flow of modernity like many of the sheikh and peers we have online on PDF :D

As for Islam´s influence on life..its a way of life hence Islam and life cant be separate entities but denials will have a million things to separate them as they have efficiently separated themselves from their own believes!

That is soo true...Most parents never adapted Islam properly hence their kids never actually got to see Islam and that is why we get the breed of denials on PDF :tsk:

When I said our forefathers picked up culture over religion I was challenged...When I point it out they asked why I derailed :unsure:

Another thing ALLAH promised was that our trying will be counted even if we dont succeed in being perfect...but many want to see the results but when shown Prophet´s seerah, even then they wont believe...there are many verses in the Quran to warn against such people

I agree to a certain point but then let me show you the hypocrisy in this as well,

When there was a WHITE guy shooting in American schools, atheism nor Christianity was taken to trial,
When the priest burned a quran, Christianity wasnt questioned
When the Buddhist monks attacked batched Muslims, Teachings of Buddha were not maligned...
I could go on...

in the West such people are diagnosed with some mental illness and we dont hear A SINGLE NEWS AFTER THAT....but when some pimps go and rape, they bring in their religion....

just because for Christians/Catholics their religious duty is to sit quietly in Church and listen to mass , doesnt mean islam is same that way ...and this is what they failed to understand and those who understand revert to islam, despite all the negative presentation of Islam in west , still islam is most fastest growing religion in west , now can any one living in USA say that muslims are forcefully converting peoples into islam ?

islam never speak for long speeches , and zero practical , all of the Prophets first follow the path they prescribe to their peoples , look at the life of hazart Omer , Ali , Abu bakr and usman , they become rules and deliver to public , but today mullah who tends to be following islam or making them as their role models are not following them either partially or completely ...
but they choose certain things and drop things of islam..

PDF is one platform for peoples who are frustrated enough to blow their hate against islam , they wuld probably never read the whole Quran but here they are champions of Criticisms and some indian are always their to back their arguments with their low level argument :D

and you made a good point that when a person shoot kids in School , no one question his/her Religion , but as the news break out of Canadian shootout the CNN BBC start their headlines with " Islamic Radical " ... why not that person who killed kids in School of usa be called as Radical Christian/Catholic ?? or the guy who shoot peoples in Batman premier ? or that guy who killed 30+ young peoples in Oslo ??
this is also hypocrisy ...

Very typical excuses to hide the fact that most modern day Muslims have simply gone bonkers.
Fact? If 1.7 billion people in the world had gone 'bonkers', you wouldn't be alive to type this, we'd all be dead. Most modern day Muslims are politically divided, just like every other community.

'Excuses'? What excuses? Why would I need to make excuses when I have a logical argument? Very typical way for Muslim-hating pseudo-intellectuals to dismiss arguments they can't counter with logic.

Back
Top Bottom