What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

"islam", "muslim", "quran" aren't these less important in islam?
Please elaborate how is Islam less important in Islam?

How is Muslim - The noun meaning the one who follows the verb (Islam) less important in Islam?

How is the Quran - the fundaments of Islam...the complete written code of Islam less important to Islam?

Religions are set of beliefs people follow. Islam is what Muslims do.
You are wrong on two levels here:

1) That Islam is only what Muslims do / Everything Muslims do is Islam
2) That all Muslims do barbaric stuff (which you are desperately trying to blame on Islam)

First of all, Islam is a set of beliefs based on a proper set of texts. If Muslims contradict those texts, what they are doing at that time is the opposite of Islam. Also, Muslims do plenty of (non-barbaric) stuff that is not Islam. Driving cars, eating Biryani or watching TV were never mentioned in Islamic text, yet Muslims do it. Does that make it Islam? No, it just makes it something Muslims (which are human beings, by the way) do.

Second, a very small amount of Muslims do the kinds of things you are talking about. The Majority is not involved in terrorism, warfare or politics. So, even if I was to go by your logic ('Islam is what Muslims do'), Islam is what the majority does i.e normal everyday lives, charity and praying a few times a day.

I see. By that logic, all that is good is Islam, and all that is bad is not Islam, therefore the West is more Islamic than the Muslim countries. Makes sense! :D
I am literally laughing here!:cheesy:
Love your response - of course that's logic for you...:crazy_pilot:.

Please elaborate how is Islam less important in Islam?

How is Muslim - The noun meaning the one who follows the verb (Islam) less important in Islam?

How is the Quran - the fundaments of Islam...the complete written code of Islam less important to Islam?
i am talking about the muslims attachment these words. Most muslims may not have even read quran but they call themselves muslims. Like idolators who emotionally attached themselves with idols.

You are wrong on two levels here:

1) That Islam is only what Muslims do / Everything Muslims do is Islam
2) That all Muslims do barbaric stuff (which you are desperately trying to blame on Islam)

First of all, Islam is a set of beliefs based on a proper set of texts. If Muslims contradict those texts, what they are doing at that time is the opposite of Islam. Also, Muslims do plenty of (non-barbaric) stuff that is not Islam. Driving cars, eating Biryani or watching TV were never mentioned in Islamic text, yet Muslims do it. Does that make it Islam? No, it just makes it something Muslims (which are human beings, by the way) do.

Second, a very small amount of Muslims do the kinds of things you are talking about. The Majority is not involved in terrorism, warfare or politics. So, even if I was to go by your logic ('Islam is what Muslims do'), Islam is what the majority does i.e normal everyday lives, charity and praying a few times a day.
Yes, you are right - Christians and Jews do not stop being Christians or Jews becuase they eat cheeseburgers (Not Kosher!) or surf'n'turf (Likewise - banned in the Bible!)

just because for Christians/Catholics their religious duty is to sit quietly in Church and listen to mass , doesnt mean islam is same that way ...and this is what they failed to understand and those who understand revert to islam, despite all the negative presentation of Islam in west , still islam is most fastest growing religion in west , now can any one living in USA say that muslims are forcefully converting peoples into islam ?
I said the same :ashamed:
Yaar ask vcheng :whistle:

but today mullah who tends to be following islam or making them as their role models are not following them either partially or completely ...
but they choose certain things and drop things of islam..
That is why he is called a Mullah not a scholar nor a Philosopher or anything great!

PDF is one platform for peoples who are frustrated enough to blow their hate against islam , they wuld probably never read the whole Quran but here they are champions of Criticisms and some indian are always their to back their arguments with their low level argument
Yup....You have no idea...If this continues and I had photographic memory...I swear I could become a quran hafizah at least in the ayats they keep repeating like a broken tape recorder...Good me though :ashamed:

and you made a good point that when a person shoot kids in School , no one question his/her Religion , but as the news break out of Canadian shootout the CNN BBC start their headlines with " Islamic Radical " ... why not that person who killed kids in School of usa be called as Radical Christian/Catholic ?? or the guy who shoot peoples in Batman premier ? or that guy who killed 30+ young peoples in Oslo ??
this is also hypocrisy ...
Yeaap! But no one will point it out....instead I will be labelled everything from racist to hating the West for speaking the truth :unsure:

i am talking about the muslims attachment these words. Most muslims may not have even read quran but they call themselves muslims. Like idolators who emotionally attached themselves with idols.
Probably....But that is their problem....backed with the cultural mindset, the people and their thinking...its open ground for such things!

Many Muslims call themselves Muslims coz they WERE BORN Muslim....hence they take it as a birth right...more like a race or nationality...rather than having to work for it or finding it out themselves

But how is that Islam's fault?

Yes, you are right - Christians and Jews do not stop being Christians or Jews becuase they eat cheeseburgers (Not Kosher!) or surf'n'turf (Likewise - banned in the Bible!)
You are right, however:

The point is not that people would stop being Christians/Jews/Muslims if they did stuff that was not in their religions.

The point is that people of all faiths do stuff that is not part of their faith all the time, crime and terrorism being one of those things.

In the UK, they have on the Royal crest a Lion to represent Justice and a Unicorn to represent mercy. the two are separated by the crown, as they can never come together.
Mercy, in this sense is the power of TOTAL forgiveness, without condoning what has been done - it is as difficult for a human to grasp as the idea of infinity. Einstein believe THAT was beyond the average mind....

:unsure::unsure: :unsure: Whatever that means....

As per my limited understanding, the kind of things Allah has planned for a non-believer like me :butcher::butcher::butcher::flame::flame::flame::fie: :cray::cray::angry::angry::angry:, I doubt he/she/it can be called Merciful. :disagree::disagree:.

But then, we may have different perception of the word Merciful.

Congrats and best wishes for all the eternal fun in heaven :tup:

Probably....But that is their problem....backed with the cultural mindset, the people and their thinking...its open ground for such things!

Many Muslims call themselves Muslims coz they WERE BORN Muslim....hence they take it as a birth right...more like a race or nationality...rather than having to work for it or finding it out themselves

But how is that Islam's fault?
that's my point you guys need to take responsibilities of action of muslims or else people would blame islam for wrongdoings of muslims.

You are right, however:

The point is not that people would stop being Christians/Jews/Muslims if they did stuff that was not in their religions.

The point is that people of all faiths do stuff that is not part of their faith all the time, crime and terrorism being one of those things.
Yes, that is the true point. being merely Human, as soon as I believe something, I automatically invite opposition; I say Black, she says White

that's my point you guys need to take responsibilities of action of muslims or else people would blame islam for wrongdoings of muslims.

Why take responsibility for our actions when we can blame it all on someone else? :D

Back
Top Bottom