What's new

5,450 tonnes of free rice to 2,985 mosques, 47 temples have to pay rupees 10 crores: TN govt. order

Does it matter??

If i help to someone then do not expect anything return from them.

You should help someone without selfishness.

Yeah, it DOES matter.

This is Hindu COMMUNITY wealth so it should go to those who RESPECT the Community and its Beliefs.

Its not your "personal" wealth where no one will ask questions.

Its pretty selfish of you NOT to recognize this very obvious Fact.

Yeah, it DOES matter.

This is Hindu COMMUNITY wealth so it should go to those who RESPECT the Community and its Beliefs.

Its not your "personal" wealth where no one will ask questions.

Its pretty selfish of you NOT to recognize this very obvious Fact.

Could you pls stop!

If you can give your person opinion then why not I? If you don't like my person opinion then just ignore it, the way i m ignoring. Thanks

Could you pls stop!

If you can give your person opinion then why not I? If you don't like my person opinion then just ignore it, the way i m ignoring. Thanks

You are free to give your personal opinion ad others are free to judge you based on what you write.

Stop being so INTOLERANT.

Really ?

So why no free rice for Hindu temples ?

Evangelist IAS Officer Umashankar Caught Proselytising Inside A Government Hospital In Chennai
download__2_.jpg

Image Courtesy: Christian Today

TN IAS officer Umashankar, who has often courted controversy for his evagelical activities, was rescued by a police team from irate relatives of a patient who raised serious objection to his ‘faith healing’ activities inside the Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital, leading Tamil daily Daily Thanthi reported.

According to the Thanthi report, trouble is said to erupted when Umashankar and his team of proselytisers attempted to provide ‘solace’ to a kidney patient in the name of Jesus. The relative of a kidney patient was enraged by this and called in his associates who gathered there and objected to religious activities inside hospital wards. They informed the police, seeking action against Umashankar and others.

A police team led by a sub-inspector arrived at the scene and requested the group to stop preaching if patients were objecting to it. During the enquiry, Umashankar revealed his identity and showed his identity card.

Despite repeated warnings by Tamil Nadu government to stop "preaching and propagating activities" and that action would be taken against him if he did not, Umashankar has been pursuing his evangelical agenda without any fear. The bureaucrat, continues to post healing videos to a popular page called DayofLord Jesus on YouTube,

In April 2019, Umashankar was sacked as as poll observer in the state of Madhya Pradesh after reports of his ‘faith-healing’ activities emerged. He was posed on electoral duty at the Sidhi constituency in the state. The state Election Commission had repeatedely warned him against conducting such activities but that did not deter Umashankar.

In 2015, the TN government had restricted him from preaching and propagating religion, which could create communal tensions after he participated in an ‘anti-homosexuality’ campaign run by ‘Tamil Nadu Christian Progressive Federation’, a quasi-socio-political fundamentalist outfit not much well known outside Kanyakumari district.

In the run up to the event, several posters, prominently placed in the public square screamed quoting a Biblical verse, called for killing those who indulge in homosexuality.

A convert from Hinduism, most of Umashankar’s prayer meetings are public displays of virulent Christian propaganda filled with apocalyptical imagery that warn the people of impending natural catastrophes passed off as a consequence of divine retribution. When disaster struck Uttarakhand, the civil servant gave an interview to a prominent Tamil tabloid close to DMK on his premonitions about impending disasters, saying that his Bibilical God is punishing the Indian Gods and that his God had warned him of such disasters. The IAS officer was categorical in his statement:“The countdown has started for huge disasters in the world. But of all nations India is going to suffer the worst of divine retribution for it is in India that idols are worshipped.”

Sparing someone from death and destruction is a good thing. Right ?

Sorry to say brother...but hindus of TN,kerala and andhra deserve this...they are going to get some worse treatment ahead.

You are free to give your personal opinion ad others are free to judge you based on what you write.

Stop being so INTOLERANT.

Agreed! Let's move on...

Just to add, I m not a supporter of congress, or AIADMK.

But, I do not care if money of temples use to any other community.

This is as good as Hindus donating to Mosques instead of Temples. If the money from temples is donated for National Causes like Natural disaster management which benefits all communities irrespective of Religion, then its all good.

This is not "donation". This is "Extortion".

DO you understand the difference ?

Agreed! Let's move on...

Just to add, I m not a supporter of congress, or AIADMK.

But, I do not care if money of temples use to any other community.

Its pretty clear you don't care what happens to the Hindus as long as the muslims benefit.

That was the point I was trying to make.

When a infection is there in the body ...the body tells you that its fighting it by developing fever...only when one feels hot....he rushes to the hospital to get medical attention.

Events like this are a good thing...its waking up many sleeping idiots to reality....many seculars in my circle are talking like right wing already...thank you edapadi ji.

When a infection is there in the body ...the body tells you that its fighting it by developing fever...only when one feels hot....he rushes to the hospital to get medical attention.

Events like this are a good thing...its waking up many sleeping idiots to reality....many seculars in my circle are talking like right wing already...thank you edapadi ji.

And here is the proof.

Its pretty clear you don't care what happens to the Hindus as long as the muslims benefit.

That was the point I was trying to make.

Sorry, I don't understand! What will gonna to happen with Hindus in India?

We have a country like if Muslims get killed by Hindus then people just apologize and condemned.

But if two saadhu killed by few people then A CM LIKE YOGI CALL TO CM OF MAHARASHTRA.

I M NOT A ANTI HINDU OR ANTI MUSLIM BUT A COMMON MAN.

Sorry, I don't understand! What will gonna to happen with Hindus in India?

We have a country like if Muslims get killed by Hindus then people just apologize and condemned.

But if two saadhu killed by few people then A CM LIKE YOGI CALL TO CM OF MAHARASHTRA.

I M NOT A ANTI HINDU OR ANTI MUSLIM BUT A COMMON MAN.

Hindus in India continue to pay the Jazia disguised as "secularism".

Funding islamic bigotry and prejudice by getting "halal" certificates for goods and services.

Killing of two innocent Sadhu's for being Hindus is NOT THE SAME as killing of Cow smugglers and Thiefs, majority of who are muslims.

One is a Hate crime, other is vigilante justice.

Your posts are clearly anti Hindu, drawing false equivalency to justify abuse of Hindu rights. Only you are too 'secular" to either see or acknowledge it.

Hindus in India continue to pay the Jazia disguised as "secularism".

Funding islamic bigotry and prejudice by getting "halal" certificates for goods and services.

Killing of two innocent Sadhu's for being Hindus is NOT THE SAME as killing of Cow smugglers and Thiefs, majority of who are muslims.

One is a Hate crime, other is vigilante justice.

Your posts are clearly anti Hindu, drawing false equivalency to justify abuse of Hindu rights. Only you are too 'secular" to either see or acknowledge it.

No one having rights to kill anyone in India.

Killing of two innocent Sadhu's for being Hindus is THE SAME as killing of Cow smugglers and Thiefs, if they are muslims, Hindu or any other.

We don't live in Taliban version of a Hindus country.

No one having rights to kill anyone in India.

Killing of two innocent Sadhu's for being Hindus is THE SAME as killing of Cow smugglers and Thiefs, if they are muslims, Hindu or any other.

We don't live in Taliban version of a Hindus country.

Its not the same since one was a hate crime while the other was Vigilante justice.

Vigilante justice is not legal, hence the term "Vigilante".

Taliban version would be a muslim country.

Nazi version would be a xtian country.

But we do live in Hindu country.

5,450 tonnes of free rice to 2,985 mosques, 47 temples have to pay rupees 10 crores: Tamil Nadu government order

This rice at Rs 21/kg will cost the Tamil Nadu government little over Rs 11 crore.

Iftar.jpg

Representational image Picture courtesy: Pinterest
The Tamil Nadu government has asked 47 temples to donate total of rupees 10 crores to the CM Relief Fund to fight Chinese coronavirus. But on the hand, the state government has ordered the distribution of 5,450 tonnes of free rice to 2,985 mosques of the state on April 16 in the month of Ramzan, so that those who were keeping Rojas would not suffer. This rice at Rs 21/kg will cost the Tamil Nadu government little over Rs 11 crore.

At a time, when the struggle to free the temple administration from the clutches of the government is intensifying, the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment department(HR and CE) of the Tamil Nadu government has set aside 47 temples in addition to the amount earmarked for taking care of poor. CM Relief Fund has directed temples to provide an additional 10 crores.

BJP requests free food distribution in temples
BJP’s Tamil Nadu President L Murugan on Saturday urged the AIADMK government to resume Annadanam(serving food to the hungry) in temples maintained by the Hindu religious and charitable endowment department in the state to provide food to the poor and sadhus. Murugan said that the government has respected the pleas of the people of the Muslim community and allocated free rice for Ramzan dinner.

The main reason for the Tamil Nadu government’s criticism of this directive is also that it has not been given to Christian and Muslim institutions that receive grants from government annually. Earlier the Madras High Court had rejected petition, refusing to interfere with the Tamil Nadu government order to distribute free rice to mosques in the month of Ramzan.

For this the bench set aside the Supreme court statement in which the apex court had said that the government was not opposed to the idea of providing any pilgrimage support to any community. For example, the government had mentioned the cost of Kumbh and helping Indian citizens in their Mansarovar pilgrimage. However, the bench did not mention what to do with the government’s decision in such a situation when temples are closed due to coronavirus lockdown?

47 Temples of the state are under control of HR and CE

HR and CE secretary K Panindra Reddy directed all the officials working under him in 47 temples including Madurai, Palani, Thiruchendur, Tirutani, Thiruvannamalai, Rameswaram, and Mayilapur to contribute a surplus amount of 35 lakhs to feed the poor due in the lockdown. Other temples have been directed to pay from 15 lakh rupees to 25 lakh rupees. All 47 temples have to pay a surplus fund of 10 crore to CM Coronavirus relief Fund.

It is noteworthy that HR and CE manage 36,612 temples in Tamil Nadu. These temples are renewed/protected and restored by the surplus funds. A lot of priests depend entirely on donations from devotees. They are now stranded and facing starvation due to the coronavirus epidemic and the nationwide shutdown. The state government instead of helping them, has targeted the property of Hindu temples to pursue appeasement politics.

Tamil Nadu govt order

At the beginning of the festival of Ramzan, the Tamil Nadu state government announced a major benefit to Muslims. The late CM Jayalalithaa had started it as appeasement politics. Tamil Nadu government had announced that 5,450 tonnes of rice would be given to 2,895 mosques this year for preparing porridge.

Unlike Muslims, Hindus don’t get anything in festivals

No similar help or plan is given to prepare offerings to the village deities of Hindus during Chaitra and other months. The Tamil Nadu government collects more than Rs 3000 crore per year from Hindu temples through Handi collection, offerings, darshan tickets, special program fees, etc., while only Rs 4-6 crores are given for maintenance. Rest 2,995 crore rupees remain with the government.

At the same time, Srivilliputhur Vaishnavit Math Chief Sadgopa Ramanuj Jiyar urged the Tamil Nadu government to spend the temple money to give to the priests and servants. Dr. Krishnaswamy, the head of Puthia Tamizhagam has appealed to the CM to refund the amount of Rs 10 Crores received from the temples.

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/...asking-temples-to-donate-to-cms-covid-19-fund
Sad that the Govt has to step in to civilize Hindus.

They have no concept of Zakat/Charity.

This will help them only, though in the long run. Good luck.

Ideally all temples should be confiscated and all wealth used to alleviate poverty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom