What's new

3 mln martyrs claim baseless: Oli

every time bengalis says PAK Army started killing bengalis but why dont they also mention what was an political disturbance turned violent in March 1971 due to the refusal of shameless yahya and bhutoo to hold parliment metting in dhaka. bengalis started looting killing and rioting in march 1971 on large scale thats when operatipn search light started and both sides went bersek!

Dhaka, Mar 23 (bdnews24.com)—Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) president Oli Ahmed has denied as 'baseless' the fact that three million people embraced martyrdom during the nation's war of independence in 1971.

Martyrs are those who took up arms during the war and died in direct combat. And no more than 30,000 people did that during the liberation war, said Oli, himself a freedom fighter, at a discussion meeting on Friday.

His remarks caused rumble among the audience and organisers, National Awami Party, stepped in to calm the situation.

"A total of eight thousand soldiers participated in the liberation war. And in addition to them, the number of people participating in direct war would not exceed 20000," he added at the discussion held at National Press Club.

According to the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, as many as 30,000 soldiers fought the war in 11 sectors across the country while the number of guerrilla fighters participating in the war was 1,45,000.

Besides, Mujib Bahini, National Awami Party, Chhatra Union, Communist Party's guerrilla wing, and individual people's group, like the one organised by Kader Siddiqui, also fought during the war.

Oli came under scathing criticism in November last year after he made derogatory remarks about women MPs and is currently facing a defamation suit. He joined BNP-led coalition recently.

3 mln martyrs claim baseless: Oli | Politics | bdnews24.com

First i thought that this man was retarded,

Then on closer reading i found out that this man is twisting words to fool illiterate bangladeshis.

The whole crux of this article is based on this line

Martyrs are those who took up arms during the war and died in direct combat.

According to him only people who directly fought PA and marched to Dhaka with Indian army and died in combat are martyrs.He does not count the people who were killed by pakistani army for providing logistics and for breaking morale of bangladeshis do not count.

This would have had been an honest technical explanation only if he had not denied as "baseless" the casualty figure of three million.

Dhaka, Mar 23 (bdnews24.com)—Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) president Oli Ahmed has denied as 'baseless' the fact that three million people embraced martyrdom during the nation's war of independence in 1971.

So Razakars your attempt to whitewash PA genocidal record is an

"Epic Fail"

Martyrs are those who took up arms during the war and died in direct combat. And no more than 30,000 people did that during the liberation war, said Oli, himself a freedom fighter, at a discussion meeting on Friday.

His remarks caused rumble among the audience and organisers, National Awami Party, stepped in to calm the situation.

"A total of eight thousand soldiers participated in the liberation war. And in addition to them, the number of people participating in direct war would not exceed 20000," he added at the discussion held at National Press Club.

According to the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, as many as 30,000 soldiers fought the war in 11 sectors across the country while the number of guerrilla fighters participating in the war was 1,45,000.

Besides, Mujib Bahini, National Awami Party, Chhatra Union, Communist Party's guerrilla wing, and individual people's group, like the one organised by Kader Siddiqui, also fought during the war.

Oli came under scathing criticism in November last year after he made derogatory remarks about women MPs and is currently facing a defamation suit. He joined BNP-led coalition recently.

Then on closer reading i found out that this man is twisting words to fool illiterate bangladeshis.

According to him only people who directly fought PA and marched to Dhaka with Indian army and died in combat are martyrs.He does not count the people who were killed by pakistani army for providing logistics and for breaking morale of bangladeshis do not count.

This would have had been an honest technical explanation only if he had not denied as "baseless" the casualty figure of three million.

"Epic Fail"

"Epic Fail"

It seems like a lot of Indian dalals posing as Bangladeshis have become members of PDF. I wish these Indian rajakars would show the same emotion when BSF kill our people today. They destroy the achievements of 71 by exaggerating the numbers of dead and then forget how India and the AL have treated the country during the last 40 years. They are blinded by their own prejudice and lies about 71. I understand there is a bangla version of Sarmial Bose's book available in Bangladesh now. Every Bangladeshi should read it to find out what happened on the other side and that war crimes charges can be brought against the Indian army, Mukti Bahini and Mukib Bahini for the genocide they committed against the Biharis.

I had 2 RAWAMY fukcers inside my socks that were tickling me and laughing out-loud as it were the one of Kolkata's didi Hurmoti of 71 that happened to provide energy to write Bull Craps. Fukcing cheap story telling RAWAMY fukc.

Now humor aside I had lost 2 of my finest relatives, their death caused years of crying and getting blind of another one to perish ultimately but never intended to plant fukcing cheap story to justify the fukcing lying figure like 3 Million. This is a Pakistani Defence forum and us being guest, shouldn't be allowed to abuse the liberty to plant story against PAK's defender.
It's strange to find out that the above post got linked with the appreciation of Luffy's one. It wasn't directed at him except treacherous liar’s concocted ones.

Unfortunately this thread is becoming an Indian dalal fest. The objective should be to discover the truth. How many more generations have to swallow this lie of 3 million or even 300000 dead. This propaganda about 1971 is impeding progress and making the country intellectually retarded.
See Munshi Bhai, a slave entity is always meant to be for intellectually retarded. I boldly claimed that we were far more independent as Pakistani-Bengali than the current one and departure of W Pakistanis from BD's land caused the erosion of the Muslim’s power. IMO, slowly and surely rational, honest and open-minded people of BD would catch up with my comments as existential threat to them would be visible further. My dispassionate, logical study, observation and analysis lead me to conclude that there were no more than 26,000 combat deaths/direct consequence of it. And Hamudur Rahman's investigative report along with 'Army Logs' of ‘The way it was’ was enough for it. Please go through them to find out the probable/near truth, thanks.

1. After the War one of the first things that GOB did was to gather details of destruction caused - to private property as well as industries/factories, infrastructure, etc. Those who had lost property - and almost every family did, were allowed to obtain bank loans on easy terms.

2. A detailed list with names and addresses was also collected through Police Stations and Distt Administrations about war wounded, disabled, martyrs and abused women. A Money Order of Taka 2,500.00 was sent to the NOK of each martyr. Out of patriotic fervor for rebuilding a destroyed nation, many had in fact returned the money. An orthopedic hospital developed in Dhaka almost overnight under Dr Garst, an internationally well-known orthopedic surgeon. Rehab centers were set up for the disabled - where many still live. Centers were also set up to treat and rehabilitate the abused women. Many NGOs had come forward for this work. Well known Dr Zafarullah had set up one at Eskaton Rd, Dhaka.

3. As such GOB does have the true figures. However, this has become a political weapon or issue. After Sheikh Mujib's reported mistranslation of Lac into Million, the official figure has become 3 million.

4. Truth will obviously come out. Perhaps it is pertinent to point out that there are elements - even dedicated syndicates, working to ensure that Pakistan and BD do not come close. In fact, that BD should travel away from the Muslim bloc as much as possible.

300 or 3000000! War is over 40 years ago. Pakistan should be taken as brother now... But now a days it has become a fashion of our youths to bad mouth pakistan as if it increases our patriotism. Pathetic people...... And yes if someone trys to find truth he doesn't become Razakar. This Oli Ahmed, was one of the freedom fighters who resisted Pakistan ARMY in chittagong during operation search light when Awami leaders were running for safety! how dare you calling him RAZAKAR!

It's so sad/funny/stupid that many of our youngs use bashing/bad mouthing about Pakistan to show their hight of patriotism nowadays. Last time I was watching cricket at a tea stall where one stupid was shuting again and again about 71's revenge by beating PK in final. This trend is growning fast now due to AL everyday propaganda. And I think AL is very successful in this case. This anti-Pk sentiment may bring them in power again, if they can run the country fine next 1 year and INdia stops border killings. Even my 12 years sisters think India is our friend and PK is our big big enemy after reading misleading text books falsified by AL. g

Moreover, Pk does not have any good image in this world and here in BD for their everyday killing/bombing right now. So being fed by AL propaganda plus seeing PK's current unrest/killing/women killing our youngs easily think PK as evil country. But they do not know that PK is not a homogenous nation like us. Mosty trival people in PK do these killings.

So the only thing can be done is if PK can proof themself good here/ or rebut AL propaganda. Otherwise, PK has no right to hate Bangladeshis who hate them who are fed by propaganda/.

Its unnecessary and will serve only the Rajakars. There is no point in giving them or their opinion any regards, I meant Rajakars. If it is 30 or 3 million, let it be that way. We dont want to hurt feelings of those who lost their loved ones in 1971. I will take 3 million figure as granted and move on.

Thanks.With this post you have proved that you awamiligers are devoid of all rationality. But unfortunately
for you the so called "razakars" are the real patriots now while awamiindian dalals are the traitors.
Things have cahnged since 71.

Yours are gem of posts, BRO as I get excited by reading and seeing light at the end of the tunnel among the ugliest of ugly, after 71s born indoctrinated/brain washed youths. Bring it more of it, BRO for enlightening brain-washed, although it's late but it's better late than never, thanks.

Bhai, unfortunately I am in the minority in this cases. Most people don't give a damn about 71 anymore and those who do tend to believe in this awami myths of 3 million and re utterly ignorant. Propaganda thrives on ignorance and no matter how high the anti-india sentiment rises it will take another
couple of decades to get rid of this shitty propagandas. But ultimately truth will prevail and
inshallah our children and grand children will grow up learning the truth.:)

whether it is 30,000, 300,000 or 30,00,000. it is debatable & it is very hard now to find the exact figure but one thing is sure that there was a genocide which surprisingly some bangladehis are trying to avoid here by playing the number game. i don't know whether it is because of their love for pakistan or hate against india. it is funny to see ppl using numbers to hide or fade reality. we in india/paksitan do not play with numbers regarding 1947 riots. for us there were mass genocide in 1947 & this is what matters & not numbers exactly.

in this thread I've also seen some B.D members talking abt forgetting 1971 genocide & be friends with pak but on other side we see that on this forum ppl call india a enemy coz its forces kill those ppl who try to illegally enter it's borders or are indulged in smuggling. i must say hypocrisy at its best.

war crimes charges can be brought against the Indian army, Mukti Bahini and Mukib Bahini for the genocide they committed against the Biharis.

War crime charges against Mukti Bahini , that too coming from a Bangladeshi ! Wow , just simply wow .... :hitwall:

Btw attended the "'Bangladesh War of Liberation in Celluloid" this weekend in Delhi ... heart-wrenching stories during the Liberation era of '71.

-- Matir Moina (The Clay Bird )
-- Khelaghar (Dollhouse)
-- Khondo Golpo (A Few Shattered Tales)
-- Amar Bondhu Rashed (My Friend Rashed)
-- Guerrilla

Bangladesh War of Liberation in Celluloid at Siri Fort Auditorium in delhi - Timescity.com

a true fact for indians and bangladeshis. It is written in Hamood ur rehman comission isolated incidents in which soldiers who were far away from bases and were surronded by hostile forces become highly stressed and mentally disturbed and killed innocents were swiftly dealt with and punished and in one case the soldier was brought in front of whole village and villagers decided his punishment and he was executed right away. But as the war engulfes whole bangladesh, these incidents also increased but whenever these incidents become known to superiors. Onsight punishments were granted to the soldiers.People should read hamood ur rehman comission report to know the reality of what went wrong and where. These report blames Pak army for killing innocents too but also describes punishments to those who did these acts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom