What's new

27th Feb | Celebrating Swift Retort Day || Unveiling the JF-17 thunder Block 3 of PAF || PTV World .

I seem to remember it was 'Cabinet one' in that video released... I assumed it was a remake and not the actual RT
Haven't you heard that in 27th feb video firing off an aim120c? "This is gambler1 - fox 3 off the group"

1646754117743.png

Like if i start rattling off....it will surprise us all.

As i mentioned before, there were mistakes made by both PAF and IAF, but being part of them, i take them as normal. During battle, shit happens, we all get used to it.

I will not point out PAF's mistakes for obvious reasons. May be some other time.

Take the case of Abhinandan. He took off, full AB on. His No 2 and 3 also took off after him. As per rules, he should have waited for his No 2 and 3 to catch up, before heading westwards. However, in sheer exhuberance, he kept going on AB, low level flight, taking the advantage of the valleys. The first time he was spotted was when he started a zoom up attack, he popped up suddenly from amongst the mountains, wanting to gain height rapidly and looking around targets for R-77 maybe.

Abhi then entered the box which was being jammed by XYZ asset. At the same moment probably, the four flights of foursomes F-16s (total 16 F-16s), were seen by IAF controllers. Thats when the IAF lady flight controller is heard continuosly, yelling "flow cold". Now, interestingly, since the No 2 and 3 were way behind Abhi, and since they had not entered the kill / jam box, they received the message and went cold as ordered.

Abhi did not receive the message initially. Once he detected the PAF fighters ahead (the nearest F-16 was 9 NM away, he was not the one who took the shot though), he executed standard evasive maneuvers whereby he took 90 deg turn away from the PAF fighters in order to increase distance etc. However, the moment he started turning away from PAF aircraft, the call from the lady controller got through (Abhhi must have gotten out of jam box by now). Now the call was interpreted wrongly by Abhi. If he would have continued on his original course, he would have been far away. However, he took the call as it was like received just now. He reversed his turn and turned INTO the PAF fighters, whereby he took the hit.

PS. If by luck, Abhi's No 2 and 3 would have been with him at the moment....it would have been 16 F-16s (64 AIM-120s and 32 AIM9s overall) against 3 Mig21s....instead of 1, 3 Mig21s would have been surely downed that day. IAF was lucky in this aspect as well.

@The Eagle This is just one story out of many, including of the M-2000 CAP, the Su-30s, the bugging out of IAF AWACs, launch of SAR heli, SPYDER hit...each of these is a separate story...was it mere coincidence that the target which PAF choose to bomb was having indian army chief and possibly Corps commander as well? If PAF would have decided to bomb the target itself instead of dropping them away, wont the killing of indian army chief triggered full-out war? Can it be termed as an intelligence failure on our part? Or was it planned like this, to rattle the indian army top lot in order to bring them to their senses??

It was overall an interesting day. But so is the profession of arms otherwise. Interesting for some, deadly for many,
Abi was part of a package, where the bison formed the low part of the package, while the mki was the high part of the package.
He was not flying alone , as that way their is no point of the whole exercise.
When the mki was hit/bugged out abi was left alone n in a state of disorientation or in a balsy move he tried gaining altitude. Either way he fu@#ked up.
N should have just aborted instead of continuing with the mission.

We all need to understand all ac are designed for specific roles n with the advancement of age of the Indian mig 21, even with updated avionics, radar n weapons package, its role is limited. But for the role assigned if it all come out according to plan then its deadly.
Same goes for our f 7 pg, which is alot "younger" compared to the mig 21 as it only entered service in early 2000s. Plus its a better design with a double cranked delta which makes it alot more agile, so much so that it even gives our f 16 a run for the money in wvr

Abi was part of a package, where the bison formed the low part of the package, while the mki was the high part of the package.
He was not flying alone , as that way their is no point of the whole exercise.
When the mki was hit/bugged out abi was left alone n in a state of disorientation or in a balsy move he tried gaining altitude. Either way he fu@#ked up.
N should have just aborted instead of continuing with the mission.

We all need to understand all ac are designed for specific roles n with the advancement of age of the Indian mig 21, even with updated avionics, radar n weapons package, its role is limited. But for the role assigned if it all come out according to plan then its deadly.
Same goes for our f 7 pg, which is alot "younger" compared to the mig 21 as it only entered service in early 2000s. Plus its a better design with a double cranked delta which makes it alot more agile, so much so that it even gives our f 16 a run for the money in wvr
Agree with your writeup. 2 Mig-21's flew from Srinagar and there plan was to fly low through the mountain passes and surprise PAF package. They had been planning this and training for a long time with SU-30 flying high and using its larger then life PESA radar. But what happened was that Abhi comms got jammed and his wingman along with SU-30's made a run and he as left alone. Rest we all know what happened.

Agree with your writeup. 2 Mig-21's flew from Srinagar and there plan was to fly low through the mountain passes and surprise PAF package. They had been planning this and training for a long time with SU-30 flying high and using its larger then life PESA radar. But what happened was that Abhi comms got jammed and his wingman along with SU-30's made a run and he as left alone. Rest we all know what happened.
Why did they run?

Check out the Call Sign. View attachment 820850
I took it from a Daytona 500 clip.

I doubt the lads at PTV watch NASCAR Series. Even if it were a coincidence (which I know it isn't) - they've taken actual video edits of mine & passed it off as theirs for a 7th September Special.
Teasing poor members:astagh:
Even yesterday, I was listening to the whole RT of Gambler 1, Aggressor 1 and the IAF lady controller while she was being jammed.

Even in this engagement, there were a number of mistakes which were made by both sides, some of them could have seriously jeopardized the mission even.

Let's wait, maybe we'll get the opportunity to analyze this operation and draw relevant conclusions, all of which of course have already been corrected by the concerned organizations.

I haven't heard this one, however the real RT was a bit different.
But where did you take it from?

Ehhh, I don't get the post (above) ☝️.

You're replying to us with what in mind...

Quite an interesting thread.

Hope we get the details of what was PAF actual plan. I believe their strike package wanted to reply in kind by bombing India’s military installation along IoK.

They did and sent a message that they can strike. Reports were that the Indian chief was in the military base when it was bombed.

Would be good to hear more details.

Back
Top Bottom