What's new

25 Countries With The Highest Murder Rates In The World

Ladies and gentlemen, a standing ovation for our latin american brothers and sisters

More violent crimes are committed in USA , than in India-Pakistan-China combined

Still their is no media outcry
No media outcry? Are you high? Gun control is in the news daily!

In general, to address the discussion under way, one needs to differentiate between :

Crude death rate - any source including slipping on the soap in the shower and breaking your neck and heart disease

Violent crime - a criminal activity marker

Murder rate - people killing each other for any personal reason

Dangerous places - where one can die from violence of any kind.

The first three do not include war or terrorism.

As an example, in 2014, Ukraine and the Central African Republic are in the top ten of crude death rate
due to events there but Ukraine sees little violent crime.

Why? Because a civil war killing is not considered a crime!!!

So that, if you listed the drug cartels in Columbia as civil war, the country would go up in some lists but down
in others. Terrorism is almost never included in crime either. Declared war never is.

If Pakistan listed the PKK as criminals, it would be in the list of the piece the thread is based on.
Crude death rate has South Africa on top every year. Danger has Sudan and Mexico on top.

Yet they are not on top of this list? Because it's all a matter of metrics. Russia has very high crude death rate
due to alcohol abuse and poor health conditions; South Africa because of AIDS/HIV … and most industrialized
countries because of cars! Vatican although a gerontocracy has one of the lowest death rates in the world.
Why? Because there are no hospitals there so the cardinals go die either in an italian hospital or back home!!!

Statistics are not very precise tools in general and all such indexes are tweaked to give one PoV.
There an American saying that goes :
There are 3 kinds of lies : little white lies, lies and statistics. ( In ascending order of untruth? )

In general, beware of such reports unless you've read the methodology, good people!
Tay.

More violent crimes are committed in USA , than in India-Pakistan-China combined

Still their is no media outcry
Louisiana has a murder rate
That's interesting indeed. You should highlight that information. In that case one must admit that Pakistan is doing quite well in spite of such huge internal problems. BTW, can you please attach a source to it ?
It was 7.7 in 2012-13 but after the launch of Karachi operation it fell sharply by almost 30% and the rate is 6.4 in 2014-2015 i lost the link in which that figure was given
Over 13,000 homicides recorded in Pakistan in 2012: Report - The Express Tribune

Pakistan,s murder rate is 6.4(it includes those killed by taliban)

But the number of homicides in these 25 states is higher

6.4 per 100,000
Thanks for your info mate but i was asking about the ranking of Pakistan

A lot of these places I have never heard of. Lesotho? Dafaq is Lesotho? A country within South Africa?

South American nations are famous for war lords, drug syndicates and they are on top of list specially Venezuela, Columbia

I have heard indian women are more bayutiful than them
must-have-self-control.jpg

That was very wicked response bro man.
What the heck is a bro man?

Must control after the mentioning of Latinas in my thread
latest

Back
Top Bottom