What's new

2015 Boao Forum: Chinese President delivers keynote speech

Unless US prepare to fight this and the AIIB with force.

They can't. They already try to derail the AIIB through pressure upon allies and propaganda by the regime-friendly MSM media. But they cannot take on China directly.

By the way, China already made its vision of a "new Asian order" clear.

Xi calls for 'new regional order'

28 Mar 2015
  • BOAO, CHINA — Chinese President Xi Jinping called on the world's nations on Saturday to support Beijing's ideas for a new development bank and "Silk Road" strategy to serve Asia.

The development bank and plans to improve overland and maritime trade and transport routes were focal points of the annual Boao Forum for Asia on the southern island of Hainan.

"Facing the fast-changing regional and international landscapes, we must see the whole picture, follow the trends of our times and build a new regional order that is more favourable to Asia and the world," Xi told the delegates

China, he said, would promote "coordinated development between the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and multilateral financial institutions like the Asian Development Bank and World Bank".

Xi also announced Chinese investment abroad will exceed $500 billion and China would import $10 trillion worth of goods over the next five years.

"Being a big country means shouldering more responsibility for world peace and development," he said.

Xi said a roadmap for China's proposed strategy had been developed with the aim of improving trade and transport links in Asia.

By speeding up connectivity-building "we can turn the seas of Asia into seas of peace and cooperation between Asian countries", Xi said.

The "New Silk Road Economic Belt" plan aims to improve the infrastructure linking China to Europe through Central Asia and the "21st Century Maritime Silk Road" plan aims to strengthen maritime cooperation.

"The maritime silk road ... focuses on South and Southeast Asian counties as well as building connections with some African and European countries," State Councillor Yang Jiechi told forum delegates.

China has already built joint economic zones and ports in partnership with countries including Vietnam, Laos, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Greece and Sri Lanka, Yang said, adding that other pilot projects are currently being explored.

"Let me reiterate the Maritime Silk Road will not include issues of controversy," Yang said.

"The 21st Century Maritime Silk Road is not an instrument for geopolitical advantages, it is for the public good."

Analysts say this year's meeting is especially important to China as its leadership seeks to promote the two initiatives and increase its regional influence.

Some critics have expressed concern that China is trying to undermine existing financial institutions and would use the "Silk Road" model to strengthen its position in maritime territorial disputes.

The forum continued on Saturday as Russia announced its interest in joining the China-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott will announce on Sunday that Canberra also plans to join the bank, Australian Finance Minister Mathias Cormann said at the forum on Saturday evening.

The bank, due to be established later this year, is seen by some as a potential rival to the US-dominated International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and the Japanese-dominated Asian Development Bank.

"There's been a lot of noise about transparency and governance of the AIIB but since it's just starting the criticisms may be premature," former Pakistani prime minister Shuakat Aziz said at a forum discussion on Saturday.

Li Ruogu, former chairman and president of the Export-Import Bank of China, said AIIB founders would work together to develop better governance.

"I avoid using the words 'best practice' or 'best governance'," said Li. "If there is already a best, then there is no room for progress ... we can learn from current practice but there is always some room to improve."

China has hosted the annual conference in Hainan's Boao resort area since 2002. Its founders hope it can evolve into an Asian version of the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Leaders of Austria, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Armenia, Uganda and Zambia as well as the governor-general of Australia were among several hundred delegates attending the event.

872794.jpg

Delegates gather for the opening of the Boao Forum on Hainan island in southern China on Saturday.(AP Photo)

Russia Ready to Play Favorites With Chinese Banks
12:45 29.03.2015

Russian Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Moiseyev said that if Chinese banks offer to work with Russian strategic companies and those companies agree to this, Russian authorities will add them to list of eligible banks.

World Bank Feels Push to Reform in Response to New Chinese Rival

BOAO (CHINA) (Sputnik) — Chinese banks that fall below Russia's requirements for minimum capital levels may still be allowed to work with the nation's companies that are deemed to be of strategic importance, Russian Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Moiseyev said Sunday.

"If Chinese banks offer to work with our strategic companies and those companies agree to this, we will, of course, respect their wishes and add them to our list [of eligible banks]," Moiseyev told RIA Novosti.

Moiseyev was speaking at the ongoing Boao economic forum on Hainan Island in southern China.

He said that only one Chinese subsidiary today meets the country's capital ratio requirements that set the threshold at 5 billion rubles (some $86 million).

The list of eligible banks and nonprofits that have access to funds of strategic state-run companies includes 136 entities. But Moiseyev said the Russian government can review the list any time.

"I learned only just now… that some subsidiaries of Chinese banks in Russia would like to work with our strategic firms but cannot do that due to the existing regulation. We will obviously reconsider once any of them contacts us," the minister said.

Chinese banks brought the the issue of more access to Russian state companies into limelight during the Boao conference, which is part of China's effort to expand its economies ties with nations in the region.

Read more: Russia Ready to Play Favorites With Chinese Banks / Sputnik International

I think we will, sincerely try the full peace mode for our future generations. Fingers crossed.

Unless US prepare to fight this and the AIIB with force.
like most of his audience, I fell almost asleep when listening. xi jinping speech is too long, he should learn to make key points, add more emotions and shorten the speech a bit. a good speech can inspire the audience. xi should take some lessons from the west politicians. barrack obama is a good speaker.

like most of his audience, I fell almost asleep when listening. xi jinping speech is too long, he should learn to make key points, add more emotions and shorten the speech a bit. a good speech can inspire the audience. xi should take some lessons from the west politicians. barrack obama is a good speaker.

Obama is indeed a good speaker, so was Hitler.

This is the Chinese style, we prefer a calm rational leader than a show performer who only wants to show the charisma during his speech but failed badly in the real action.

Let your mother tell you stories before sleep, this is more interesting than Xi's speech.

Obama is indeed a good speaker, so was Hitler.
Hitler was indeed a good speaker. he was very successful in deluding and misleading the mass.
article-0-00937A7D00000259-636_468x375.jpg

Let your mother tell you stories before sleep, this is more interesting than Xi's speech.
during my study at a german university, I learned how to hold a speech before the audience. it is not about the stuff you talk on but all about how to delude and convince others from your idea. no offence to xi jinping.

This is the Chinese style, we prefer a calm rational leader than a show performer who only wants to show the charisma during his speech but failed badly in the real action.
mandarin has 5 tones. xi jinping may stress it. believe me. that will make his speech more interesting. regardless what topic he speaks, be promoting silkroad or selling other chinese propaganda.

during my study at a german university, I learned how to hold a speech before the audience.

Which university?

how to delude and convince others from your idea

And how to deceive others...joke, lol. This is Asian political style, we are the same. The speeches given by western politicians are more fun, but what they want to deliver to the audience is the same, no big difference.

It seems u are much obsessed with the Indian PM. For a Chinese to be so much obsessed and jealous of Modi could strike others as something pretty fishy!!!

Which university?.
wiesbaden

And how to deceive others...joke, lol. This is Asian political style, we are the same. The speeches given by western politicians are more fun, but what they want to deliver to the audience is the same, no big difference.
exactly, how to deceive others. politicians speak their own language. I can give you an example how one speaks. a vietnamese born minister in german parlament. he sells the government policy as success, and condemns the obstructions policy of the opposition. politicians are liars and comedians.

He did not mention Modi or any other leader for that matter.

How did you know he meant Modi?
Cause similar comments have been made about Modi ji by a few Pakistanis on this forum.

exactly, how to deceive others. politicians speak their own language. I can give you an example how one speaks. a vietnamese born minister in german parlament. he sells the government policy as success, and condemns the obstructions policy of the opposition. politicians are liars and comedians.

The only thing Vietnamese this guy has was his birthplace. He was raised by German parents, speaks not a word Vietnamese, has even dissociated himself with being Vietnamese, he doesn't even have a Vietnames name.

Back
Top Bottom