What's new

155mm/52cal ATAGS Howitzer Successfully Tested

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2016/12/indian-gun-booms-in-worlds-biggest.html

One gun project is being pursued by Tata Power (SED), while the other is working in parallel under the Kalyani Group. The OFB and Bharat Forge are making the barrels.

Seems they are going to have dual production for this gun. TATA and Bharat Forge will be pumping these out.

OFB is also making the barrel, I've heard they're going to use the same barrel for their Dhanush 52.

Do we have artillery locating radars of required quality and quantity or still procuring ?
Remember Pakistan had US supplied ones a long time back.
Pakistan also bought arty locating radars from China and modified them .. Namely the SLC-2...

Aswell as some modest indigenous solutions .. Ranging from gunfire locating radars n above.

For GOD sake I came to thread thinking that they have passed all the tests in all terrains and atmosphere but you I mean our Indian members are getting so excited on it firing first rounds tells a lot

@DESERT FIGHTER

Still procuring the artillery locating radars.
Thus is what bugs me the most , i distinctly remember during the kargil war the newspapers made a big deal of Pakistan using US supplied radars and we not having any.
And after 17 years we have a total of 20 radars procured in a emergency.
God save us.

For GOD sake I came to thread thinking that they have passed all trecived in all terrains and atmosphere but you I mean our Indian members are getting so excited on it firing first rounds tells a lot

@DESERT FIGHTER

3 Different Programs running.

One OFB 155/45 Under Production [ 114 Pieces ordered ] [Upgunned Bofors]
OFB 155/52 under trials [300 pieces AON receieved] [Further Improved Bofors]

And this is DRDO/Private Sector joining hand for new 155/52 Next Generation Gun. Its trials is yet to start , its still development . [1,600-3000 pieces to be procured ]. [This is totally new designed in house by DRDO , Tata , L&T and others being a part. ]

So obviously a lot is going on , with a lot of " First " , so a lot of news.

what will be the production rate per year for this gun?

There would be 2 simultaneous production lines atleast , one by OFB and another by a private entity.

The production though is some years away.

whats the back up plan?

3 Different Programs running.

One OFB 155/45 Under Production [ 114 Pieces ordered ] [Upgunned Bofors]
OFB 155/52 under trials [300 pieces AON receieved] [Further Improved Bofors]

And this is DRDO/Private Sector joining hand for new 155/52 Next Generation Gun. Its trials is yet to start , its still development . [1,600-3000 pieces to be procured ]. [This is totally new designed in house by DRDO , Tata , L&T and others being a part. ]

So obviously a lot is going on , with a lot of " First " , so a lot of news.
Why to have two different 52 cal programmes?

Why to have two different 52 cal programmes?

Because they do not clash, and ATAGS production isn't starring before the 414th Dhanush is delivered.

Further its not just 2, its 3.Nexter , Denel and Soltam are competing for an upcoming tender for a 155/52 Towed Artillery Make in India line.

Soltam and Nexter have even tested their offerings here.

Because they do not clash, and ATAGS production isn't starring before the 414th Dhanush is delivered.

Further its not just 2, its 3.Nexter , Denel and Soltam are competing for an upcoming tender for a 155/52 Towed Artillery Make in India line.

Soltam and Nexter have even tested their offerings here.
Oh... Again foreign stuffs through nexter...:disagree:

It looks primitive, I thought it is self proplled Howitzer.

Those are old images showing the barrel being tested, not the full completed system.

BfeoXOK.jpg

It looks primitive, I thought it is self proplled Howitzer.
It is called the "Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System".
Although it can amble around under battery power at low speeds

India's SPH needs will be primarily met by acquiring two modern systems via. the MGS(Mounted Gun System) Tender, which is ongoing and the Tracked Howitzers-for which the contract has been inked with Samsung Techwin-L&T for the K-9 Vajra.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom