What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

I literally don't care whether they will use J15 or not. I am talking about facts. flankers are heavy and not suitable for EMALS and that's what I have read and understood so far. And the same thing was stated by Chinese naval experts as well. I will hunt the article in which the officer said a similar thing. Anyone can install dual turbos in a cooper but it doesn't mean that the car is developed for that kind of thingy in real.

Seems like Chinese and american have different opinion with you.

J-15/Flankers/F-14 have same weight and MTOW
f-14-tomcat-carrier-launch.jpg

Seems like Chinese and american have different opinion with you.

J-15/Flankers/F-14 have same weight and MTOW
View attachment 762185

If you don't understand what I said and have no idea about today's carrier based platform requirements, don't tag me or anyone. Do some research instead of sharing a picture of 3 decades old carrier based RETIRED aircraft

"In July 2018, Lieutenant General Zhang Honghe of the PLAAF stated that China is developing a new carrier-based aircraft that will replace the J-15 due to four crashes and numerous technical problems. One problem with the aircraft is that it is the heaviest carrier-borne fighter in current operation with an empty weight of 17,500 kg compared to the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet's 14,600 kg (though it is less than the F-14 Tomcat's weight of 19,800 kg). Weight problems are compounded when operating off Liaoning, as its STOBAR launch and recovery method further limits payload capacity. "

No one wants to burn fuel for no ***** reason on the takeoffffff!

You will see J-35 in the next 2 months or maybe less. China already tested J-15 with EMALS multiple times. Catapult launch is only suitable for lightweight aircraft. That’s why the relevance of J-35 is significantly increased in recent times. 003 is almost near completion (apparently in the next 3-4 months). So, this is the right time to perform rigorous platform testing with the right candidate. There is no such aircraft exists in the entire Chinese inventory that can fit in the category except J-35. So, under the emergency initiatives, the J-35 has been transported to the facility one and a half months ago. I am pretty sure they are gearing up for the testing. Waiting for the images. Soon, the surprise is coming for the Amreekanz!

If I had Jeff Bezo's income for every prediction of yours that has been correct, I'd have $0.

Not personal, just an observation.
Static test frame has been transported to CFTE, so shouldn't be too long now.

Which would be in accordance with the current rumors.

If you don't understand what I said and have no idea about today's carrier based platform requirements, don't tag me or anyone. Do some research instead of sharing a picture of 3 decades old carrier based RETIRED aircraft

"In July 2018, Lieutenant General Zhang Honghe of the PLAAF stated that China is developing a new carrier-based aircraft that will replace the J-15 due to four crashes and numerous technical problems. One problem with the aircraft is that it is the heaviest carrier-borne fighter in current operation with an empty weight of 17,500 kg compared to the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet's 14,600 kg (though it is less than the F-14 Tomcat's weight of 19,800 kg). Weight problems are compounded when operating off Liaoning, as its STOBAR launch and recovery method further limits payload capacity. "

Then Don't talk the Topic you totally DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.

The J-15 is actually capable of taking off from the Liaoning or Shandong with full MTOW with some preconditions.

But, I don't have enough time to lecture or enlighten people like you

You better read this analysis

It didn't say anything about J-15 cannot used with EMALS?

Then Don't talk the Topic you totally DIDN'T UNDERSTAND.

The J-15 is actually capable of taking off from the Liaoning or Shandong with full MTOW with some preconditions.

But, I don't have enough time to lecture or enlighten people like you

You better read this analysis

Anyway can read your mindset through your post lol .... the analysis of some writer (edited: from internet warrior) is more credible in front of you than the active LT Gen of the Chinese navy regarding J15 ? that's what you're trying to tell?

Last edited:
Anyway can read your mindset through your post lol .... some interior warrior analysis is more accurate and correct in front of you as compared to the active LT Gen of Chinese navy statement regarding J15 LOL

If you have been long watching Chinese Military Development, you will not call Rick Joe aka Blitzo as internet warrior analysis

If you have been long watching Chinese Military Development, you will not call Rick Joe aka Blitzo as internet warrior analysis

There are tons of writers like him. You can't read and believe everyone. Every writer has their own perspective. I was quoted "Chinese LT Gen's statement" whereas you've provided Rick J. analysis who is more credible? and the fact of the matter, I really don't care whether the Chinese are comfortable with the J15 or J35. I was just providing the fact that the less-weight aircraft would be better on flat-top AC ops as compared to the heaviest ones. What's your point of argument?

It didn't say anything about J-15 cannot used with EMALS?

Where did I stated this or intend to establish that the EMALS is incapable to launch J15 ?

Last edited:
There are tons of writers like him. You can't read and believe everyone. Every writer has their own perspective. I was quoted "Chinese LT Gen's statement" whereas you've provided Rick J. analysis who is more credible? and the fact of the matter, I really don't care whether the Chinese are comfortable with the J15 or J35. I was just providing the fact that the less-weight aircraft would be better on flat-top AC ops as compared to the heaviest ones. What's your point of argument?

Where did I stated this or intend to establish that the EMALS is incapable to launch J15 ?

Firstly, what you quoted was from South China Morning Post which is a Hongkong media and is not a credible source for military news at all. The same or similar reports can not be found in any mainland China based media. So the authenticity is in doubt. Secondly, Lt Gen Zhang Honghe is from the air force, not the Navy. Why would he make any serious comments on Navy's aircrafts? That does not make much sense especially considering that China and PLA's high ranked officials are more restricted in expressing opinions publicly. If he had really said those words to South China Morning Post, he must have been drunk. Also, the article from South China Morning Post was in English and it could be lost in translation from Gen Zhang's original words in Chinese. All in all, you cannot seriously take a single quote from a media which is not credible, especially when there are many other sources against that.

Last edited:

In 2018, the general statement is based on the carriers they had at that time. Without CATOBAR, anything heavier than 60,000lb max take off weight won't be ideal and aircraft designed for low speed stability like FC-31, F/A-18C, Rafale, J-10C would be ideal for lift and also slower carrier approach landing.

However for Type 003 with EMALS, there's no problem propelling J-15B on full load off the CAT. The shorter launch deck could be China mastered maglev technology better than US.

Checkmate vs FC-31 vs F-35 vs KFX
View attachment 762837

Thanks for the comparison. I didn't know there's checkmate stealth fighter until I saw your post. However only China will be called copycat when few other countries copied F-35.

I just browsed Google for information on Checkmate fighter, the tail fins look like Mig 1.42, I assume this should be Mikoyan Gurevich newest single engine fighter Mig-41.

Thanks for the comparison. I didn't know there's checkmate stealth fighter until I saw your post. However only China will be called copycat when few other countries copied F-35.

I just browsed Google for information on Checkmate fighter, the tail fins look like Mig 1.42, I assume this should be Mikoyan Gurevich newest single engine fighter Mig-41.

No, it is called Sukhoi LTS = Lightweight Tactical Aircraft
And now please return to the topic, there is a dedicated thread in the Russian AF section.

Back
Top Bottom