What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

You will see J-35 in the next 2 months or maybe less. China already tested J-15 with EMALS multiple times. Catapult launch is only suitable for lightweight aircraft. That’s why the relevance of J-35 is significantly increased in recent times. 003 is almost near completion (apparently in the next 3-4 months). So, this is the right time to perform rigorous platform testing with the right candidate. There is no such aircraft exists in the entire Chinese inventory that can fit in the category except J-35. So, under the emergency initiatives, the J-35 has been transported to the facility one and a half months ago. I am pretty sure they are gearing up for the testing. Waiting for the images. Soon, the surprise is coming for the Amreekanz!

Last edited:
You will see J-35 in the next 2 months or maybe less. China already tested J-15 with EMALS multiple times. Catapult launch is only suitable for the lightweight aircrafts. That’s why the relevance of J-35 is significantly increased in the recent times. 003 is almost near the major completion (apparently in the next 3-4 months). So, this is the right time to perform rigorous platform testing with the right candidate. There is no such aircraft exists in the entire Chinese inventory that can fit in the category except J-35. So, under the emergency initiatives, the J-35 has been transported to the facility one and a half month ago. I am pretty sure they are gearing up for the testing. Waiting for the images. Soon, Chinese again will surprise Amreekanz …

But wasn't the prototype transported only early this month? What makes you so sure about "has been transported to the facility one and a half month ago"?

China already tested J-15 with EMALS multiple times. Catapult launch is only suitable for the lightweight aircrafts. That’s why the relevance of J-35 is significantly increased in the recent times. 003 is almost near completion (apparently in the next 3-4 months). So, this is the right time to perform rigorous platform testing with the right candidate. There is no such aircraft exists in the entire Chinese inventory that can fit in the category except J-35.
J-15 will serve on Type 003 CV for sure.

J-15 will serve on Type 003 CV for sure.

EMALS tech is not suitable for flankers. they are the heaviest in the league. I have also read this somewhere a few days ago that a Chinese military officer said the same thing. J-15 is so overweight. Even the new generation of catapult i guess C13-2 installed in the new US carriers would struggle to launch the J15 efficiently....

EMALS tech is not suitable for flankers. they are the heaviest in the league. I have also read this somewhere a few days ago that a Chinese military officer said the same thing. J-15 is so overweight. Even the new generation of catapult i guess C13-2 installed in the new US carriers would struggle to launch the J15 efficiently....
You will change your mind.

You will change your mind.

I literally don't care whether they will use J15 or not. I am talking about facts. flankers are heavy and not suitable for EMALS and that's what I have read and understood so far. And the same thing was stated by Chinese naval experts as well. I will hunt the article in which the officer said a similar thing. Anyone can install dual turbos in a cooper but it doesn't mean that the car is developed for that kind of thingy in real.

First of all, how you evaluate the timeline from the picture? maybe someone posted after a month or so

Fair point, but allegedly the guy posted in the discussion that the prototype was transported just a few days before.

I literally don't care whether they will use J15 or not. I am talking about facts. flankers are heavy and not suitable for EMALS and that's what I have read and understood so far. And the same thing was stated by Chinese naval experts as well. I will hunt the article in which the officer said a similar thing. Anyone can install dual turbos in a cooper but it doesn't mean that the car is developed for that kind of thingy in real.
AWACS is heavy too but that doesn't stop it from using Catapult. Same as the Tomcat F-14 and Intruder A-6.

E6PKPGSWUAAnpu4

The FC-31 stealth fighter demonstrator - in fact a static specimen as it seems - together with other SAC family members on public display at SAC's expo park. (Images via
@B
-612-015 from Weibo)

Back
Top Bottom