What's new

Pakistan Navy upgrading type zulfiquar class frigate

monitor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The Pakistan Navy is upgrading its Zulfiquar-class guided missile frigates with improvements in Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, SATCOM and other electronics. The Pakistan Navy has acquired the ASELSAN ARES 2NCL-Extended Electronic Support Measure Systems, which are one of the new systems being installed on Zulfiquar class warships. ARES-2N offers the capability of detecting, intercepting, identifying, classifying, tracking, Direction Finding (DF), localizing, audio warning, platform correlating and recording all enemy electromagnetic emissions.

AEROSINT Division PSF
@PSFAERO

Try not to use this guy as your only source. A Zulfiqar class was spotted in a dry dock recently, but it could just as well be for usual maintenance and not necessarily an upgrade, though I wouldn’t say an upgrade is unlikely Given these ships do need them (an MLU perhaps) sooner or later. And with the navy’s current expansion, it makes sense too.

Last edited:
The Pakistan Navy is upgrading its Zulfiquar-class guided missile frigates with improvements in Electronic Warfare (EW) systems, SATCOM and other electronics. The Pakistan Navy has acquired the ASELSAN ARES 2NCL-Extended Electronic Support Measure Systems, which are one of the new systems being installed on Zulfiquar class warships. ARES-2N offers the capability of detecting, intercepting, identifying, classifying, tracking, Direction Finding (DF), localizing, audio warning, platform correlating and recording all enemy electromagnetic emissions.

AEROSINT Division PSF
@PSFAERO
We should add vls to them too

Try not to use this guy as your only source. A Zulfiqar class was spotted in a dry dock recently, but it could just as well be for usual maintenance and not necessarily and upgrade, though I wouldn’t say an upgrade is unlikely Given these ships do need them (an MLU perhaps) sooner or later. And with the navy’s current expansion, it makes sense too.

But almost most of his tweets were proven true

can you people post some examples .... and the background of the twitter account
The Twitter account has been posting about j-10c for more than a year now and now it’s basically confirmed we’re getting j-10c. That account posted first about cm401on type054ap frigates. That account posted first about the Qatari helicopters we got. The account posted first about the used mine hunters we’re getting.
There’s many more examples of that account being right.
As for background of the account idk much about them or who runs it but all I know is whatever they tweeted about it has become true so far

The Twitter account has been posting about j-10c for more than a year now and now it’s basically confirmed we’re getting j-10c. That account posted first about cm401on type054ap frigates. That account posted first about the Qatari helicopters we got. The account posted first about the used mine hunters we’re getting.
As for background of the account idk much about them or who runs it but all I know is whatever they tweeted about it has become true so far
thnx

just a heads up, J-10cs have been touted by credible sources on this forum for more time than he has been.

CM401 has not been confirmed

Minehunters were also posted by someone else first.

I know the guy's background very well, who he is, who he works for etc.

@Rafi broke the news 3 years ago. Credit goes to him for this

The J-10C rumors started before he posted them. CM401 on 054AP is still not confirmed and wasn’t posted by him first, people just see him more often so we think he posted them. It was posted by another Twitter user before him. The Qatari helicopters also weren’t posted by him, he took someone’s pictures and post (a Qatari guy) and posted them as his own. The news about the mine-hunters came from a dutch source first.

All he does is find these tweets and posts them as his own and since he’s more well known people think they came from him. I myself know he’s more credible than a random person. He does have good sources and most of the time he posts something it’s correct, but he’s not an official source so using him as the only source can lead to some wrong news.

We should add vls to them too
And a radar in the same class as the one on the Type 054A/P should be added. A radar compatible with the missiles in the VLS. Perhaps the new Chinese quad pack VLS would be a great option, even 8 cells, if packed with 32 missiles would be a serious punch. CAMM-ER are also a good option out of Italy and the Turks have missiles under development that should be looked into.

Personally, I think we should go for the more mature CAMM-ER system. Especially if they can handle the Brahmos and missile like it. It would also be a great missile for the Pakistani Milgem Corvettes.

And a radar in the same class as the one on the Type 054A/P should be added. A radar compatible with the missiles in the VLS. Perhaps the new Chinese quad pack VLS would be a great option, even 8 cells, if packed with 32 missiles would be a serious punch. CAMM-ER are also a good option out of Italy and the Turks have missiles under development that should be looked into.

Personally, I think we should go for the more mature CAMM-ER system. Especially if they can handle the Brahmos and missile like it. It would also be a great missile for the Pakistani Milgem Corvettes.
CAMM ER is the latest system.For zulifqar class frigate, a 16 or even 12 cell vls with CAMM ER or even CAMM version is enough ( as zulifqar is old now so no need to arm it to the teeth)

FEp0a5UXMAcIVXL.jpeg

This as discussed with @Rafi might require a plug which will mean the ship being docked for much longer. PN currently does not have the ship numbers to do this and will wait till 054 and Milgems are inducted. This is my reazoning for thinking VLS might not go on at this stage at least.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom