What's new

Pakistan Navy upgrading type zulfiquar class frigate

The J-10C rumors started before he posted them. CM401 on 054AP is still not confirmed and wasn’t posted by him first, people just see him more often so we think he posted them. It was posted by another Twitter user before him. The Qatari helicopters also weren’t posted by him, he took someone’s pictures and post (a Qatari guy) and posted them as his own. The news about the mine-hunters came from a dutch source first.

All he does is find these tweets and posts them as his own and since he’s more well known people think they came from him. I myself know he’s more credible than a random person. He does have good sources and most of the time he posts something it’s correct, but he’s not an official source so using him as the only source can lead to some wrong news.
He was wrong about JF 17 pitched for Malaysia. If i am not wrong he and PSF handle were the source of that news. OSINT twitter handles are not alway right some peddle pure BS.

This as discussed with @Rafi might require a plug which will mean the ship being docked for much longer. PN currently does not have the ship numbers to do this and will wait till 054 and Milgems are inducted. This is my reazoning for thinking VLS might not go on at this stage at least.
A
That’s fine, they could do all the non-hull modification upgrades required to enable the upgrades in this refit, test out all the systems, and then add the VLS down the line, when fleet numbers are up.

That’s fine, they could do all the non-hull modification upgrades required to enable the upgrades in this refit, test out all the systems, and then add the VLS down the line, when fleet numbers are up.
May or may not be possible. I just think that it might be difficult to induct a Turkish Radar and then mate Chinese weaponry with it. Whether the PN might be able to make them "talk" is something I dont know. Previous attempts in the 90s was an abject failure on the 21s so PN might want to carfy on as it is but do the upgrades in 2028 onwards. Iam merely putting this out for discussion as I remain unsure of how much the PN might be able to 8ntegrate from the Chinese weaponry. It mqy qlso be that THE Chinese might want to get in a competing bid with their own hardware and weaponry at the time which might get rid of the integration headache.
A

May or may not be possible. I just think that it might be difficult to induct a Turkish Radar and then mate Chinese weaponry with it. Whether the PN might be able to make them "talk" is something I dont know. Previous attempts in the 90s was an abject failure on the 21s so PN might want to carfy on as it is but do the upgrades in 2028 onwards. Iam merely putting this out for discussion as I remain unsure of how much the PN might be able to 8ntegrate from the Chinese weaponry. It mqy qlso be that THE Chinese might want to get in a competing bid with their own hardware and weaponry at the time which might get rid of the integration headache.
A
IMO if the PN is fitting the F-22P with Turkish radars, sensors, CMS and other subsystems, they'll probably fit it with the same weapons as the Babur-class corvette. Basically, P282 or Harbah for AShW, and Aselsan CIWS for AAW.

The SAM question may be interesting though. The only things I can see fitting on the F-22Ps are the Umkhonto or MICA-VL. The CAMM-ER can be great if we had access to the SYLVER, but since we apparently don't, that is probably not an option for the F-22P.

And a radar in the same class as the one on the Type 054A/P should be added. A radar compatible with the missiles in the VLS. Perhaps the new Chinese quad pack VLS would be a great option, even 8 cells, if packed with 32 missiles would be a serious punch. CAMM-ER are also a good option out of Italy and the Turks have missiles under development that should be looked into.

Personally, I think we should go for the more mature CAMM-ER system. Especially if they can handle the Brahmos and missile like it. It would also be a great missile for the Pakistani Milgem Corvettes.

HQ-16 is big missile for F-22P and anything to replace FM-90s should be smaller in size due to space issue, a ESSM/CAMM-ER quad packable Chinese equivalent should be looked into as PN may not want to go for western sensors on it's Chinese ship.

IMO if the PN is fitting the F-22P with Turkish radars, sensors, CMS and other subsystems, they'll probably fit it with the same weapons as the Babur-class corvette. Basically, P282 or Harbah for AShW, and Aselsan CIWS for AAW.

The SAM question may be interesting though. The only things I can see fitting on the F-22Ps are the Umkhonto or MICA-VL. The CAMM-ER can be great if we had access to the SYLVER, but since we apparently don't, that is probably not an option for the F-22P.
Locally produced weaponry should not be a problem as we have the necessary source codes and the Turkish Radar integration would be on the basis of source code provision. It is the SAMs that I wrote about. Whereas I think the FM90 source codes may be with PN but it is reLly the weak link in the 22's armament. So it might require a change. What that change may be needs to be seen. I do not think a SAM like the Babar missile would be possible without a plug. But more importantly is PN happy to decommission the 22Ps for the insertion of the plug and subsequent testing is what I am concerned about. In my view possibly not so whatever gets changed needs to replace the current FM90s on the 22Ps.

Locally produced weaponry should not be a problem as we have the necessary source codes and the Turkish Radar integration would be on the basis of source code provision. It is the SAMs that I wrote about. Whereas I think the FM90 source codes may be with PN but it is reLly the weak link in the 22's armament. So it might require a change. What that change may be needs to be seen. I do not think a SAM like the Babar missile would be possible without a plug. But more importantly is PN happy to decommission the 22Ps for the insertion of the plug and subsequent testing is what I am concerned about. In my view possibly not so whatever gets changed needs to replace the current FM90s on the 22Ps.
tbh once the Jinnah-class frigate is in full swing, it wouldn't surprise me if the F-22P becomes a cutter for the MSA or OPV.

1637552346321.png

🇵🇰
🇹🇷
The Pakistani Navy is modernizing Zulfiquar-class frigates by installing new electronic warfare systems and satellite communications.

This was discussed here previously about DK-10 SAM and possible SAM upgrade to F-22P.

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_130336.jpg
    IMG_20211122_130336.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55

no, GWS would be the ideal option, its entire role is for space-limited applications, its far more compact than anything else on the market, maybe barring my baby the ExLS, so the same VLS as the Babur.

Sorry to sh*t on you guys' parade, however im thinking the HQ-10 is the most realistic route for an upgrade for this platform, unless the navy is really going all out, but i question that.

But thats just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom