What's new

Pakistan Navy Invites Bids to Procure an ATR 72-500 Aircraft

As I remember PN used 4 Fokker MPAs and used additional two for training/SSGN Para dropping.

Maybe they are doing the same thing with ATR?

Maybe or maybe they are going for one more ATR upgrade, what I meant that as of now the running project is 3rd ATR upgrade, I didn't deny the possibility of fourth. We will see how PN like to use this new ATR in near future.

What kind of torpedoes are these?
MAKO MRAK 54

1614415198036.png

Yes, of course, and even with 5 in service we can probably only have 2 in the air at anytime, combined with 10 Sea Sultans (enabling say 3 in the air at anytime), that is still a hell of a lot of MPA for our area of responsibility, which is a good thing.

To give some perspective, Indian coast line is around 8 times larger yet they will only have 16 P-8s

Australia as we know is a massive island and will only have 16 P-8s.

This looks like we can swamp the Arabian Sea with sounboys... :yahoo:

India doesn’t have 16 P-8s.

Only 2 ATR have been converted so far to the RAS-72. Serials 78 & 79.
Serial 77 is under modification right now at Mönchengladbach, and will be the third RAS-72.
Serial 76 is the 4th ATR in use now, but only as passenger/cargo. It has some observation bulb-windows on the back of the fuselage. But no radar, antennas or torpedo-rails have been added while at Mönchengladbach. It left Mönchengladbach in primer colors, so it has been painted elsewhere. Probably in Pakistan.
3 done and 4th in under process .and 5th one will be purchased as this tender .
No, 2 done and 3rd under process.

Only 2 ATR have been converted so far to the RAS-72. Serials 78 & 79.
Serial 77 is under modification right now at Mönchengladbach, and will be the third RAS-72.
Serial 76 is the 4th ATR in use now, but only as passenger/cargo. It has some observation bulb-windows on the back of the fuselage. But no radar, antennas or torpedo-rails have been added while at Mönchengladbach. It left Mönchengladbach in primer colors, so it has been painted elsewhere. Probably in Pakistan.

No, 2 done and 3rd under process.
7DB9AAC6-91F7-47B6-A867-0D2F4EC6F35B.jpeg
The 77 before conversion
8CCA3474-16AD-44D8-B78C-BD934A6C838C.jpeg

the 79 after conversion.
Unfortunately I don’t have photos of the 76 (as it looked civilian at the time) and the 78 (it arrived while I wasn’t there)
What is sea sultan??
The new Lineage 1000 procured by Pakistan as Long Range MPA

That meeting between CjCSC and Italian Defense Minister where CJCSC was convincing that Pakistan and can handle some medium to to high end technology & Leonardo has a fair share of ATR-72 in it whom just happened to have an Office in Pakistan. I wonder if the discussion was something from that perspective?

Which missiles can it fire ? And how can it defend itself from enemy missiles ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom