What's new

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

Sooner or later, you will build your own 5gen fighter. But you need imminent fire power to deal with IAF.

But I have to admit if Turkey can assimilate those BAE tech and TOT to PAF, i mean can integrate BAE TOT sub system produced by Turkey into a customized FC31 for PAF.
It's unlikely that PAF will actually build it's own 5th gen any time soon, or ever. In fact, if PAF is serious about buying the FC-31 or another 5th gen off the shelf, than it's likely that PAF may actually skipping building a 5th gen altogether, and focus on a future project to eventually replace the 5th gen (obviously with outside help).

It's unlikely that PAF will actually build it's own 5th gen any time soon, or ever. In fact, if PAF is serious about buying the FC-31 or another 5th gen off the shelf, than it's likely that PAF may actually skipping building a 5th gen altogether, and focus on a future project to eventually replace the 5th gen (obviously with outside help).

I think rather than fifth gen projects and skiping to fifth generation fighters Pakistan needs to concentrate on the here and now IE how to deal with fivec hundred bvr equipped so30mki rafale mirage and mu29 with just 180 thunders and f16s

J31 is for near future requirements both A to A and A to G, however the TFX program is for future light fighter jet in lon term. The 10 Years is not a big time span to built a new fighter jet the up gradations can be made till final product is made. Both projects are important for PAF.

Sooner or later, you will build your own 5gen fighter. But you need imminent fire power to deal with IAF.

But I have to admit if Turkey can assimilate those BAE tech and TOT to PAF, i mean can integrate BAE TOT sub system produced by Turkey into a customized FC31 for PAF.

Quick, efficient, promising.

In the same time, Tukey shall realize that developing a 5th generation fighter is more complicated than they had expected. The money poured in will be hell lot more than their budget.
True on most part of it, just remember that Turkey has the F-35 blueprint to work with, so in my opinion it will be easier and less complicated to build its own 5th generation stealth warplane based on the blueprints and the experience gained in the participation.. Pakistan will get the experience from its participation in the program and will have the TF-X blueprints to work with in the future, be it on a custom made J-31 or a totally home-built one..
In the meantime Pakistan will get a few Squadrons of J-31s anyhow..

True on most part of it, just remember that Turkey has the F-35 blueprint to work with, so in my opinion it will be easier and less complicated to build its own 5th generation stealth warplane based on the blueprints and the experience gained in the participation.. Pakistan will get the experience from its participation in the program and will have the TF-X blueprints to work with in the future, be it on a custom made J-31 or a totally home-built one..
In the meantime Pakistan will get a few Squadrons of J-31s anyhow..

Hi,

Building from blueprints is not easy unless you don't have a serious indutrial and PhD base behind it.

And even with that---failure is just around the corner---.

J31 is for near future requirements both A to A and A to G, however the TFX program is for future light fighter jet in lon term. The 10 Years is not a big time span to built a new fighter jet the up gradations can be made till final product is made. Both projects are important for PAF.

Hi,

The TFX is a 20 years project---. I won't be alive then---but remember me when you are drinking your evening tea.

And even then---it might yet be dropped---.

Hi,

Building from blueprints is not easy unless you don't have a serious indutrial and PhD base behind it.

And even with that---failure is just around the corner---.
Don't forget the hands on experience gained by Turkey from its participation in building the F-35, so it is not only the blueprints I am referring to.. So it should be for Pakistan in the Future, obviously when the PhD and industrial bases are achieved..
Cheers..

Here in the UK a country with 5 times the financial power of Turkey , who also happens to be a partner in the F35 CANNOT dream of building a fifth generation fighter by themselves .

Technology wise the UK are second only to USA and match for France and Russia in aviation science and engine technology . just look at the history of RAF from spit fires and hurricances to tornados and Typhoons .

Turkey is absolute novice in aero science

I do niot understand how they can afford to build a fifth generation fighter by themselves.

Even the Israelis cannot attemot this

As for Pakistan and TFX .. don't place too much hope on this in your life times.

Turkey can license build spares and overhaul legacy falcons BUT designing a new fifth genersation fighter , the wind tunnels , the labs , the work shops and project management and huge cost is beyond a nation like Turkey .

IMO of course

Here in the UK a country with 5 times the financial power of Turkey , who also happens to be a partner in the F35 CANNOT dream of building a fifth generation fighter by themselves .

Technology wise the UK are second only to USA and match for France and Russia in aviation science and engine technology . just look at the history of RAF from spit fires and hurricances to tornados and Typhoons .

Turkey is absolute novice in aero science

I do niot understand how they can afford to build a fifth generation fighter by themselves.

Even the Israelis cannot attemot this

As for Pakistan and TFX .. don't place too much hope on this in your life times.

Turkey can license build spares and overhaul legacy falcons BUT designing a new fifth genersation fighter , the wind tunnels , the labs , the work shops and project management and huge cost is beyond a nation like Turkey .

IMO of course

Ottoman Aviation Squadrons
The Aviation Squadrons of the Ottoman Empire were military aviation units of the Ottoman Army and Navy.[1] The history of Ottoman military aviation dates back to June 1909..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Aviation_Squadrons

Ottoman Aviation Squadrons
The Aviation Squadrons of the Ottoman Empire were military aviation units of the Ottoman Army and Navy.[1] The history of Ottoman military aviation dates back to June 1909..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Aviation_Squadrons

What nonsense is this ??????????????

This is totally irrelevant

Do you have any idea how much money it takes to design and build and then set up a manufacturing base to build a modern sophisticated fighter
Euro Fighter Typhoon cost $40 billion and 15 years
The F35 cost three times as much
Russia is on the verge of giving up on mass induction pf PAK FA if the Indians don't cough up billions $$$ to help fund the project

Fifth generation technology is not same as a 4th generation licence build of F16 with massive USA Lockheed backing

What nonsense is this ??????????????

This is totally irrelevant

Do you have any idea how much money it takes to design and build and then set up a manufacturing base to build a modern sophisticated fighter
Euro Fighter Typhoon cost $40 billion and 15 years
The F35 cost three times as much
Russia is on the verge of giving up on mass induction pf PAK FA if the Indians don't cough up billions $$$ to help fund the project

Fifth generation technology is not same as a 4th generation licence build of F16 with massive USA Lockheed backing
No my fried , Turkey is a NATO country, it was working on the F-35 all that time too and started its program 15 years ago to be achieved by ~ 2030, that makes it a 30 years work..
The article was to show you that Turkey is not a new comer to the military aviation industry.. it ha started more than a 100 years ago..

No my fried , Turkey is a NATO country, it was working on the F-35 all that time too and started its program 15 years ago to be achieved by ~ 2030, that makes it a 30 years work..
The article was to show you that Turkey is not a new comer to the military aviation industry.. it ha started more than a 100 years ago..

I DONT KNOW which weird wonderful world you live in but the leading aero science giants in the world today are

USA
Russia
China
France
UK

Lesser degree Sweden who on a modest budget do very well ie Drakens & Now Gripen

Japan is potentially also a giant ie F2 and now developing a fifth gen fighter

WHAT HAS TURKEY BUILT TO GIVE THEM SAME AS ABOVE ??????????

I like the possibility of seeing J-31 with the PAF, but they haven't been too keen on twin engines lately. The maintenance and service-time can be a burden for quick-response tactics of PAF.
Stupid thinking of time and maintenance of twin engine most of world airforce are using twin engine jets countries like north Korea Indonesia etc using I don't see issues with two engine jet even USA Russia airforces uses most of twin engine jets so it's a stupid mindset

I DONT KNOW which weird wonderful world you live in but the leading aero science giants in the world today are

USA
Russia
China
France
UK

Lesser degree Sweden who on a modest budget do very well ie Drakens & Now Gripen

Japan is potentially also a giant ie F2 and now developing a fifth gen fighter

WHAT HAS TURKEY BUILT TO GIVE THEM SAME AS ABOVE ??????????
Well, just 20 years ago who believed China will come up with its own 4th, 4th+, 4th++ and 5th generation warplanes..?
If you can answer this you can understand.. that technology leaps are behind it..
So you have your own opinion based on some old facts, by my opinion is based on the same facts plus other facts you seem to no be aware of..

Well, just 20 years ago who believed China will come up with its own 4th, 4th+, 4th++ and 5th generation warplanes..?
If you can answer this you can understand.. that technology leaps are behind it..
So you have your own opinion based on some old facts, by my opinion is based on the same facts plus other facts you seem to no be aware of..

How can you compare China to turkey

China is a industrial superpower with 200.billion dollar annual defense budget.

Turkey is tiny nation in comparison with gdp and military budget of 10% of Chinease might.

China sounds more on research in aviation than turkey total annual military budget
.you need to understand the link between military power and gdp power

Back
Top Bottom