What's new

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

Who knows, maybe PAF had joined the partnership as of now. They just prefer to keep it low down.
it doesnt matter. if Pak is in,then the FC31 program will be smoother.if not,our aviation industry will still be good as we are already stepping into civilian aviation market.SAC/CAC both have business with comac,the C919 producer.C919,more than 50,000,000$ each and 570 orders already,will feed them with hell good money

I have a feeling we will go with both

J31 in short term, with an eventual plan to team up with Turkey on TFX to induct and co produce (atleast some parts) with the aim of utilising our experience with both China and Turkey and with both TFX snd J31 programmes in addition to our experience with J17 to produce the J17 follow up

it doesnt matter. if Pak is in,then the FC31 program will be smoother.if not,our aviation industry will still be good as we are already stepping into civilian aviation market.SAC/CAC both have business with comac,the C919 producer.C919,more than 50,000,000$ each and 570 orders already,will feed them with hell good money
If Pakistan is not with China in this one, India will see this as weakening relationship between China and Pakistan and they will take advantage of it. What can Turkey do when Pakistan and China field agisnst India. If BAE shut providing CKD to TFX in India's favor, PAF will suffer. Is it difficult to understand?

It's not about money, it's strategic consideration.

I prefer PAF to be a partner than just a buyer, cause Pakistan is our closest ally.

Pakistan doesn't need to invest a lot, they will share all the benefits as stake-holder.
Pakistan might be able to convince SA or other UAE estates to invest in j31 on their behalf
If Pakistan can't do it self my 2 cents
Thx

Turkey will have to involuntarily stay away from Pakistan&India conflict, especially when NATO side with India. I put my words here, wait and see. Those friend come in need is a friend indeed. We will try 3000% to compete, seize the order.

Pakistan might be able to convince SA or other UAE estates to invest in j31 on their behalf
Thx
You don't have to invest a lot even 5%, Saudi had invested in FC31.

What really matters is the order from navy.

Thx
U know what my friend,its not the money. its the investment opportunity that china really wants.

better infrastructure program,better invest-environment,means win-win for both of our countries.
we help Pak improves telecommunications equipments/roads/railways/electric-power station,etc. and our company finds a way out homeland and convert techs to job oppitunities and moneys for both countries' people.and local small companies in Pak can get business orders from those Chinese companies or joint ventures.

pakistan friends should have seen this.We are not americans.We dont like them who needs USD$ coming back US land for solving the USD$ outflow problem.whats more,foreign exchange reserves has already been a problem for CN. we need to update our idea now.

Wouldn't it be more likely that PAF is already a partner in the FC 31? I mean no new fighter expect block 52 in a decade, keeps saying that it will manufacture fifth gen planes , confirms they won't buy any four+ gen soon and will get the thunder to fill that role, and if they have decided not to buy FC 31 then god save Pakistan from the IAF on paper at least , most likely PAF is already a partner and just doesn't want the world to know

I have a feeling we will go with both

J31 in short term, with an eventual plan to team up with Turkey on TFX to induct and co produce (atleast some parts) with the aim of utilising our experience with both China and Turkey and with both TFX snd J31 programmes in addition to our experience with J17 to produce the J17 follow up

Err. Is this the same country that can't buy. Eight new f16 today's

Any idea what funding needed to join tfx
Turkey spending fifty billion dollars over 25 years . You think they will just handover technology and partnership for love .

You have to bring either hard cash or technical know how.to join .

It's not we like the sound of this let's put our name on it.

Two fifth gen fighters and new block thunders .

OK ..........

Long way from two hundred rusty mirages today

Turkey spending fifty billion dollars over 25 years . You think they will just handover technology and partnership for love .

OK ..........

Who said we couldn't buy?

We were given terms of purchase, which were changed by the U.S at the last moment, which was unacceptable to us. It changed from a deal too good to turn down (subsidised f16s) to a deal which we didn't want.

People have been saying the same thing about us in every field

Yet we have tested a SLCM, MIRV capable missile, Air Launched cruise, land attack cruise, TWNs and have a JV jet programme

You let us resolve and negotiate with our allies rather than give your two pennies worth

Hi,

Building from blueprints is not easy unless you don't have a serious indutrial and PhD base behind it.

And even with that---failure is just around the corner---.

Hi,

The TFX is a 20 years project---. I won't be alive then---but remember me when you are drinking your evening tea.

And even then---it might yet be dropped---.
Sir I wonder u oppose every new idea in PAF for fun or seriously. However your role as devil's advocate is quite important for this forum. I pray for your long and happy life.

U know what my friend,its not the money. its the investment opportunity that china really wants.

better infrastructure program,better invest-environment,means win-win for both of our countries.
we help Pak improves telecommunications equipments/roads/railways/electric-power station,etc. and our company finds a way out homeland and convert techs to job oppitunities and moneys for both countries' people.and local small companies in Pak can get business orders from those Chinese companies or joint ventures.

pakistan friends should have seen this.We are not americans.We dont like them who needs USD$ coming back US land for solving the USD$ outflow problem.whats more,foreign exchange reserves has already been a problem for CN. we need to update our idea now.
I agree with your thoughts in that case hopefully we will be getting enough out of this to put up some money against j31 hopefully :enjoy:

Hi we are missing a basic point here regarding the 5th Gen planes it's not the plane its the system .I would rather comment on effective net centricity and how well the possible contenders can fit in ,As future wars will not be fought fighter jet Vs Fighter jet infact they will be fought on system Vs System . So if you see a larger picture the jet is a variable in future scenario not the real bet e.g ability of jets to communicate as well as redirect the best option against incoming threat will be decisive .
So in future wars the aeroplane having best EW suit/ Network centricity / Ability to work together with all forces will be key .5th Gen is not aeroplanes infact its a complete model . J31 will provide decent capabilities in terms of stealth and ownership of manufacturing but how good it will be against EW and Network centricity remains an important question ,remmember CHinese options are neutralizing AWACS ,Fuel tankers in case of war with US .Whereas Turkey being Nato ally having experience with Western doctrine and system will be more focus on network centric aeroplane. PAF route in my view should be adapt first to 5th Gen of Chinese as we have to retire 200 odd numbers by 2020 and J31 fits the time line perfectly and after developing tactics MLU with reference to Turk option by 2030

Sir I wonder u oppose every new idea in PAF for fun or seriously. However your role as devil's advocate is quite important for this forum. I pray for your long and happy life.

Hi,

I don't speak in jest---. All my assessments are what I have learnt and from talking---listening and learning from others---.

until the JF block 3 see the day light, PAF will be hesitate to invest in any other program ... I doubt the Pakistani's will hear any good news about J-31 soon , at least not before 2019-2020 ..we are on track to replace 150-200 Fighters with JF's .. and so far around 80 JF is rolled out, wait till Block 3 pops out and in numbers ..

OK ..........

Or this is the country that does not want to spends its own money on F-16. If you're an Indian- the glass will always be half empty even if all your brain says it isnt with Pakistan- that leaves you with an innate disability intellectually to discuss anything with regards to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom