What's new

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

image.jpeg
Credit to @grey boy 2

The way Chinese are fast flying when it comes to R&D and trying to learn about everything about every country in the world its obvious for even a blind person that the Chinese FC 31 is the best option

Bro can you translate?
Thx
Modification to V2 compared to V1
1. Enlarged fuselage
2. Bigger weapon bay
3. Cropped main wing
4. Cropped horizontal stabilizer
5. intake edge reshape( more intact)
6. Increased MTOW from 25 tons to 28 tons( more payload and fuel carrying)
7. The gap between engines is smaller
8, canted and cropped vertical stabilizer
9. Smoother rear end fuselage

10. More powerful and non- smoke engine

I have tried my best to translate.

Seems we have a competitor, although it's still on paper. BAE is helping Turkey to design it, but we still lead pretty much in time. I mean Turkey is a smart country sometimes runs smart tactics. For example, Mushak for T129. They know what Pakistanis into, now PAF has been hesitant to make a choice again. It depends on the progress of Indians pushing 5gen fighters programs as well.

If say tomorrow, USA willing offer F35 to PAF. Both FC31 and TFX will be flushed down to the drain by PAF.

As long as Chinese navy is inducting FC31, it's a strong commitment made for its future development.

How far TFX can go depend on the relationship between Turkey and NATO. It's still an uncertainty.

Developing TFX while procured F35, a typical political gesture to USA indicating that I don't trust you.
Well my friend PAF is not so dumb j31 is sure to come to PAF only matters is money and commitment by the Chinese govt to invest asap in this project as you know Pakistani govt doesn't
Have ways and means to invest beside being a Chinese member you must be more informed then
Me as PLAN need j31 kind of carrier based fighters to compete with f35 alas coz china is still
Having another I should say 3 years or less to make her second carrier operational so that's
Why the j31 is little bit slow I would say
I can't say about the f35 supplying to PAF and ditching the other projects but then
Pakistan is nowhere in the list of supplying f35 or may be downgraded so I don't think Pakistan
Will be opting for f35 too much expensive also
One point to be noted is why Pakistan is not showing urgency and commitment the word noted
Showing as India is still quiet far away from their fifth generation
Thx

Well my friend PAF is not so dumb j31 is sure to come to PAF only matters is money and commitment by the Chinese govt to invest asap in this project as you know Pakistani govt doesn't
Have ways and means to invest beside being a Chinese member you must be more informed then
Me as PLAN need j31 kind of carrier based fighters to compete with f35 alas coz china is still
Having another I should say 3 years or less to make her second carrier operational so that's
Why the j31 is little bit slow I would say
I can't say about the f35 supplying to PAF and ditching the other projects but then
Pakistan is nowhere in the list of supplying f35 or may be downgraded so I don't think Pakistan
Will be opting for f35 too much expensive also
One point to be noted is why Pakistan is not showing urgency and commitment the word noted
Showing as India is still quiet far away from their fifth generation
Thx
Always nice to hear from our Pakistani friend. FC31 is a good stealthy fighter, Chinese navy sure will go for it. A brilliant and promising path in the future.

BAE has yet its own 5th gen fighter jet project ironically.
It doesn't make sense that BAE use the money of Turkey to develop its technique about 5th gen, cause EU has more resource than Turkey obviously.

You cannot make that comparison,cause Other weapons in development are based on matured and available tech which could get from western suppliers right now.
The technical challenges of both are way different, so the costs are not comparable .
Moreover, Turkey might get F-35 in the future if his relationship with US would be revived to the perfection.

The progress of Indian dream of 5th gen fighter jet depends on Russian efforts.
Apparently, Russia could finish its own 5th gen project sooner than Turkey does ,as soon as India takes care of the financial problem.

I do not know.
F-35 belongs to US ,who could turn his back to anyone unhesitatingly.
BAE is already making the Taranis and proposed multiple 5gen planes which were not funded by the EU. The Turks have the money for it.

I can tell you haven't done the homework on this post nor are you well versed in the topic:- Turkey is a partner on the F-35 project- it IS going to get 100 of them... no matter what. It produces the cockpit display for the F-35 among other items.

Always nice to hear from our Pakistani friend. FC31 is a good stealthy fighter, Chinese navy sure will go for it. A brilliant and promising path in the future.

Hi,

If the Paf says that the JF17 is an extremely potent end product---then I don't see any reason why the FC31 would not take it to the next level---.

It is way ahead of any other program in the market available to pakistan---and if Pakistan can procure the right EW package for the JF17---there is no reason why it can't for the FC31.

BAE is already making the Taranis and proposed multiple 5gen planes which were not funded by the EU. The Turks have the money for it.

I can tell you haven't done the homework on this post nor are you well versed in the topic:- Turkey is a partner on the F-35 project- it IS going to get 100 of them... no matter what. It produces the cockpit display for the F-35 among other items.
No offense.
I underestimated the financial strength of Turkey.

As a Citizenship of China, the most important ally of Pakistan. I appeal PAF join and invest in FC31 ASAP, it suits the very interets of PAF and reinforce the bond ties of two nations. It's time to make decision.

I think that is the way PAF will go down the road, FC-31 will be joining PAF , right after 2020 .. what i think that PAF did not publicly show any interest because they don't want to alarm India, cause once we become part of a 5th Generation Air craft, its just matter of time that Indians will come up with something ..Indians are getting Rafale, there is no Plane in PAF inventory that can outmatch Rafale, with F-16's and FC-31 along with HQ-16 and HQ-9 SAMS we will have a chance to stop IAF air superiority over Pakistan in any future war, lets wait until we are working on JF-17A and B block.. we have to finish our early requirement of 150 JF block1,2,3 .. than we have to fulfill export orders which is also by 2019-2020 .. we can sell JF to African and South American countries ,and pre-order FC-31 from China, specifically modified plane as per PAF specifications ..

BAE provide tech and Turkey pay.

Can't compare. You are member of NATO, we are alone. BAE is doing you a great favor.
NATO doesnt help us anymore.
You are alone?
Russia helped you out and although not officially but Israel an France did to.
Btw,you are rich we are poor.

Back
Top Bottom